TUCOM - NV Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkU_F0o3GQk[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if anyone has been taken off the waitlist yet?

I got an e-mail from Roger telling me that there are 156 students on the waitlist and that I am in the middle third. I was wondering what kind of chances I actually have of getting taken of this list.

i was wondering this exact same question. i am trying to contact roger to find out.

last year, they had 180 waitlistee's and went thru 90 on that list to give up 37 positions.

the year before, they had 150 waitlistee's, and i heard either offered or had 30 spots, i want to clarify this number.

i'm in top third. my gf thinks i 'm almost in, but i need the acceptance letter or else i think i don't have any chance.

my stomach is wrenching.

Members don't see this ad :)
just talked to roger.

as of now, 15 spots were offered up, 11 said yes. =(

that's not the statistics i wanna hear. i'ma cry.

I'm hoping that you guys get that call from Roger!!! Did he tell you that they also invite the next top 3-4 waitlisters (once Aug 4 hits), to come to orientation in case someone doesn't show up? If everyone shows up, those people walk away with an acceptance letter for the next year. And, he said they pull others off the waitlist to offer admission to as well. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that for you guys...but
If no acceptance call from him by early July, call him and ask what it would take to get that guarantee for next year!

But, this will all be a moot point as you guys are going to get in!!!!!!

Good luck and I'm hoping for you!:luck::luck::luck:

Roselee

I'm a middle third guy to. I'm hoping for a high movement year.

All you accepted people should really take another look at (insert other school you were accepted to here). I hear that it is awesome there. :)

I got accepted to two schools today, Touro being one of them. Which is a miracle since I was not accepted anywhere until today. I decided to go to NSU in Florida so someone should be getting a call from Roger soon.

Roger told me that I was in the middle third of the wait-list in an email last month. I would be surprised if they have gone though the top third already.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear. It has been a good day. :)

Last edited:
Congrats on getting accepted.

Did you know what part of that middle third of the waitlist you were on?

He didn't go beyond just telling me that I'm in the middle third.

Good luck.

I am also on the middle third waitlist. your post gives me hope

Members don't see this ad :)
Where is everyone? Anyone still deciding on what school they're going to go to, or are you pretty much dead set on attending TUNCOM? To those that are for sure, what have you guys/gals been doing? 2 months left before the start of school...I'll be the first to post the "oh ****" emoticon :eek:

Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Hey Anton,

I'll second the oh #@$@:eek: post! Heehee. Just flew back from Henderson where I looked for housing. Found about 4 houses that I like, so am now in the application process :)!

T-minus 2 months until loss of freetime and :sleep: (but the start of my dream!! :soexcited:)

Hey Anton,

I'll second the oh #@$@:eek: post! Heehee. Just flew back from Henderson where I looked for housing. Found about 4 houses that I like, so am now in the application process :)!

T-minus 2 months until loss of freetime and :sleep: (but the start of my dream!! :soexcited:)

Wow, congrats on your house to be! They have some really nice houses here. Wish I had the money to take advantage of this crappy housing market :(

Anton,

I'm actually renting and the houses are the same price as apartments! However, I have my elderly mother so we get housing in the senior community which is a little bit cheaper. However, there are houses going for about $950 which is actually cheaper than the apartments. The only thing is that the deposits are more expensive. I have a real estate agent I'm working with and if you want his name, PM me.

Roselee

I got accepted to two schools today, Touro being one of them. Which is a miracle since I was not accepted anywhere until today. I decided to go to NSU in Florida so someone should be getting a call from Roger soon.

Roger told me that I was in the middle third of the wait-list in an email last month. I would be surprised if they have gone though the top third already.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear. It has been a good day. :)

Wait, that's odd...

I was told I was in the top third, and Roger still hasn't given me a call...

This is baffling.

Maybe they're starting from the bottom and working backwards.

Posted via Mobile Device

Anyone have any news about the waitlist moving?

roger called me today! i'm in! i tried to calculate my position based on where i was and how many students were left. i'm guessing i was on the bottom of the top third, so just wait middle thirds, you guys are up next!

good luck to everyone!

Let me be the first to welcome you to our class!

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

:soexcited::clap::banana:

Roselee

roger called me today! i'm in! i tried to calculate my position based on where i was and how many students were left. i'm guessing i was on the bottom of the top third, so just wait middle thirds, you guys are up next!

good luck to everyone!

congratulations to you. :thumbup: I am still hoping for that phone call. I hope to join you all there in the fall.:luck:

good luck to everyone!

Congratulations, and welcome! Now I have someone to race against ;)

Hey I just got the phone call from Roger!! I am in finally.
What a relief. I thought this day would never come. :D

One question though for current students or anyone going there this fall, are you going to rent or buy and the pros and cons of each.

Congratulations!!!:thumbup:
I am still waiting for that call.

Congrats Ruger! Glad to see you finally got that call! :)

See you in Henderson. I'm moving down next weekend.

Roselee

Flying down on the second to find a place to live. Anyone have any good suggestions on where to start. I am leaning more to renting a town home for the first little bit.

thanks everyone! i have a 91 nissan 240sx built for road racing NASA PTD/SCCA ITS, but its going into storage. time to find a beater and drive that around.

shame too since spring mountain/parump seems like a really cool track.

Hey I just got the phone call from Roger!! I am in finally.
What a relief. I thought this day would never come. :D

One question though for current students or anyone going there this fall, are you going to rent or buy and the pros and cons of each.
HEY RUGER3030 YOU'RE IN! FANTASTIC!
I've not been posting lately and happened to scan over the TUNCOM Pre-Osteo after a little birdie named Roselee told me you got in! AWESOME!!!
I'm really proud of ya!
See you in class!
sherruns:soexcited:
Ruger, we are NO LONGER :spam: IN A CAN!!!!!

Oh, and to answer your question, I'm renting. So many good properties out there. Just be careful who you rent from. Leasing agents are the best route but if you go the private route make sure you check everyone and everything out before committing to anything. There's lots and lots of scammers out there who'll take your money then allow the property to go into foreclosure, so be really careful.

thanks everyone! i have a 91 nissan 240sx built for road racing NASA PTD/SCCA ITS, but its going into storage. time to find a beater and drive that around.

shame too since spring mountain/parump seems like a really cool track.
hey CONGRATS TO YOU TOO ALLSTOCK! I'm sorta behind the times lately!
i'm SO PROUD for both of you guys!!!
s.

Flying down on the second to find a place to live. Anyone have any good suggestions on where to start. I am leaning more to renting a town home for the first little bit.
I'm pmming you, Ruger.

Me too...I hope something happens soon

I'm in...got the call from Roger this morning.

congrats!!!!!!
I hope he calls me soon too.

Thanks. Now, I have to find a place to live.

I am just starting my fourth year and I am currently rotating at Wright-Patterson Medical Center. I just wanted to encourage the newly accepted students to consider the HPSP scholarship programs, as well as the National Health Services Corps. Nellis AFB, has a new family medicine residency program opening up in the summer of 2009. All HPSP scholarship students get first dibs on clerkship rotations at Nellis, and have a better chance of matching into the Family Medicine program, for those who have the Air Force HPSP scholarship and are interested in family medicine.
http://www.nellis.af.mil/units/nellisfmr/index.asp