TSU Fall 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hmmm, if there is a 2nd batch, I wonder when that will be sent out?

When I called they were unsure when the second batch was going to be sent out. The deposit for the first batch was due last friday so I am sure the process has begun to send out the next batch assuming there were some who did not make the deposit because of acceptances at other schools.

Good luck to all still waiting.

Members don't see this ad.

Those of you who have been accepted...are you currently TSU students? I have never attended TSU so I am going in without knowing the campus well.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I've never attended TSU....I only go there when I need to visit the pharmacy admissions office...so..I'm going to be lost!! :confused:

Those of you who have been accepted...are you currently TSU students? I have never attended TSU so I am going in without knowing the campus well.

No, I've never attended TSU....I only go there when I need to visit the pharmacy admissions office...so..I'm going to be lost!! :confused:
Hello angel and heartand soul, and congrats on your acceptance! I am currently a student @ TSU and would like to welcome you to our campus...I am still awaiting a response from the second batch of letters which may go out this week :xf:I can answer or help you with any questions or concerns you have about the campus.

Hello angel and heartand soul, and congrats on your acceptance! I am currently a student @ TSU and would like to welcome you to our campus...I am still awaiting a response from the second batch of letters which may go out this week :xf:I can answer or help you with any questions or concerns you have about the campus.

Thank you, I am sure I will be needing assistance....

i started at TSU last Fall 2009. This is my second semester, the campus is pretty easy to navigate, and I never have trouble parking in the garage. The garage, however, is quite a ways away from Gray Hall (the pharmacy building). I think all of our classes 1st and 2nd years will be in that building. 3rd and 4th years are at the old Nabisco building -- the John McGovern Campus of Tex. Medical Center. Don't quote me on this though.

I think we should start a facebook group -- as mentioned on page 3 of this forum

Yes Ahimsel,that's true. 3rd and 4th years are at the old Nabisco building -- the John McGovern Campus of Tex. Medical Center. You have to pay for parking.

i started at TSU last Fall 2009. This is my second semester, the campus is pretty easy to navigate, and I never have trouble parking in the garage. The garage, however, is quite a ways away from Gray Hall (the pharmacy building). I think all of our classes 1st and 2nd years will be in that building. 3rd and 4th years are at the old Nabisco building -- the John McGovern Campus of Tex. Medical Center. Don't quote me on this though.

Last edited:

I'm not a TSU student either. I created a facebook group for our class so please join. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...072738#!/group.php?gid=117159308307696&v=wall
We will be together for the next four years, so it is time to get to know each other. :) I think TSU is the only pharmacy school I know that have Summer Academy. We get to meet each other a month early compare to other schools. :thumbup:

Anyone knows what are we going to learn during the Summer Academy? I'm assuming there will be a small tuition fee for it? Should we even take it seriously or just treat it as review?

Oh btw, have you guys apply to the University? I applied the day I received my acceptance letter and turn in my FAFSA. :)

does anyone know anything about second batch of letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone received acceptance letter from the second batch?

CONGRATS!! Do you mind posting up your stats and pharmacy exp?

i just get letter today
i get accepted

gpa:3.6
science:3.81
one year pharmacy experince
pcat: 51

Congrats on ur acceptance letters.Please can you say the particular locations you live in just in,am wondering if I still stand a chance of getting a letter tomorrow.

I live in Houston. Please don't give up! Letters are still going out and you have to add in, not everyone will accept their offer..there is always hope!

Anyone know how many batches they usually send out? All of the old TSU threads, everyone found out usually by this time, maybe a week more tops. I am assuming this batch was the last batch.. =(

Thanks for the encouragement.I learnt they sent out the last set of letters yesterday including rejection letters.I wonder if they still have ppl on waitlist if they sent out the last set of letters.

that was the information I was given when I called

I was told that they would send out 2 batches of acceptance letters, an alternate list of letters, and then rejection letters. I also was told that they have until July to accept people...Keep the Faith! Not everyone will accept and/or qualify for the program...Don't get discouraged..I wish you all well, those who have received letters and those still waiting! :love:

What does alternate list of letter mean?What date will the summer academy start?

I think the alternate list is another way of saying the waiting list? Summer Academy starts July 6.

Congrats to those who got accepted and good luck to those still waiting. Don't give up!

Summer Academy is from July 6 through August 6 9am - 1pm. We also have Texas Pharmacy Association Convention in Austin from July 15-18. Orientation is scheduled for Monday, Aug 9.

Everyone who has been accepted, scroll up and join our facebook page....There are only 4 members right now, and for some reason this bothers me...lol

Good Luck to those waiting on the letters! :D

I got my letter today..it says I am on the alternate list. :(

i got my letter today too. accepted with "conditional admission." i still need to take 3 classes to complete the pre-reqs.

Congrats everyone.For those in first and second batch,do you guys also have conditional admission especially those that still have prereq?

I'm in a weird situation. Summer school overlaps with the first few days of summer academy. Anyone else get conditional admission? I'm still stressed even with acceptance!

I think the majority if not all of us that got accepted are under "conditional admission". I have to take the mini summer semester so my class doesn't overlap with Summer Academy. Good luck to you, txcouture! I guess we will continue to be stress out until the first day of class! I made the most calls to Mrs Davis for the past two weeks.

I did my interview in march 23. Is this weird if i haven't received anything from TSU, no acceptance letter, no rejection letter or any letter that telling me that I am on the wailist? What should I do?

My dear,I had my interview same day with you.Havent received anything yet?Do u knw if any other person that interviewd on same day received a letter.

My dear,I had my interview same day with you.Havent received anything yet?Do u knw if any other person that interviewd on same day received a letter.
no. I thought someone from this page said that tsu already sent everything out including rejection letter. If that is true then we all should receive a letter by now right? I really don't know

pls does anyone knw what is happening?I called on thursday and I was told they have sent out all the letters.This is saturday yet I havent received any letter!!Has anyone received rejection letter yet?

Hey everyone who is still waiting on a word. From what Ms. Davis told me when I went into her office last week was that, all letters have been sent out for acceptance/alternate lists. Rejection letters have NOT gone out yet. So take that for what it is I suppose..I don't want to say anything or assume anything with that information.

Good luck to everyone still waiting

Thanks fr your response.Am just wondering.Do you know what yardstick they use in putting people on waitlist and what they use in selecting ppl.I particularly see the ppl that hv bn selected have very long years of work expereince.Did you go to her office after thursday last week?

Hey for all the students worried about how to get your immunization records, I recommend you to call your highschool. What my highschool informed me was that after several years from your graduation, they move your medical information to another location and database. Therefore they can not see it themselves anymore. But your school should provide you with a number or email to contact the other location who does have them. Then you just request them and they will email you the documents. Well at least, that was how it worked for me. So goodluck!

Did Ms Davis email/mail you guys the immunization list? She told me Monday that she will and I still haven't received anything. Unfortunately, she isn't in her office today.

Kctrans 2,have you got any letter yet?
nothing yet, have you? Do you think we are getting rejection letters since all acceptance and waistlist letters had mailed out? Why do they have to wait so long to send out rejection letters? The waiting is killing me.

haha,I havent.I dont want to beileve were getting rejection letters.Anything is possible.Hw many preqesities do u hv left?wats ur stat?

Hey for all the students worried about how to get your immunization records, I recommend you to call your highschool. What my highschool informed me was that after several years from your graduation, they move your medical information to another location and database. Therefore they can not see it themselves anymore. But your school should provide you with a number or email to contact the other location who does have them. Then you just request them and they will email you the documents. Well at least, that was how it worked for me. So goodluck!
I submitted the immunization records yesterday. Do you know what else we need to do next?

Please will you guys share your sats cus i plan on applying this coming cycle.......

GPA 3.918
PCAT comp 72
1 year pharm tech experience
(private pharmacy - non-retail)
Volunteer work - 7 years with the Boy Scouts of America
(I have children in scouts)