Trinity High School App?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PaddyofNine

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine is in high school here in the US, and really wants to study at Trinity in Dublin. She has Irish citizenship, and is top of most of her classes here. Her GPA is excellent, as far as I know, and she has taken a lot of AP classes.

What are her chances of getting into TCD without doing a bachelor's first? I know TCD is the only college that doesn't require an MCAT...

Anyone know of/hear of anyone who's done this?

(Yup, she's contacting Atlantic Bridge for more info!)

Thanks for your help

Paddy

Members don't see this ad.

no idea what your friend's chances of getting into trinity are but trinity is not the only school that doesn't require mcat. ucd also doesn't require applicants to write the mcat, it only requires that you submit scores if you've already written it. common misconception though that ucd does require it.

Badkarma25 said:
no idea what your friend's chances of getting into trinity are but trinity is not the only school that doesn't require mcat. ucd also doesn't require applicants to write the mcat, it only requires that you submit scores if you've already written it. common misconception though that ucd does require it.

Thanks for the info, BK! I got that info from the FAQ page on the Atlantic Bridge site, which says TCD is the only college that doesn't. Anyway.......

Members don't see this ad :)
hey paddy,
yeah that info is a bit bogus...i remember thinking the same thing when i applied, and i remember when i got denied from trinity i thought, well that's it for me cuz i had backed out of writing the mcat, and then lo and behold, i got my ucd acceptance. i think you're in my class are you not? did you just finish first med?

Badkarma25 said:
i think you're in my class are you not? did you just finish first med?

Nope, I just finished Foundation Drinking Year. See ya round ET on the 15th!

hey paddy,

yeah i'll see you around the 15th for sure...can't wait to get back...looking forward to it. i lived with a couple foundation guys last year...easy year but man it sucks pay 20000 euro as an international student for 6 hours of class per week...glad i dodged that bullet!