tried reading prior fafsa threads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

efab

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
but i did not see this question answered.

does anyone know how long the fafsa takes to process and then be sent to any particular school?

bottom line, when is it too late to fill out the fafsa? i assume submitting online is pretty quick, but i do not know for sure.

thanks for any input.

anyone else not submitted theirs yet?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've seen, the only deadlines (if thats what you are concerned about) is regarding when the FAFSA is submitted. I'm not sure if schools can give you any other deadlines, because once its submitted it is out of your hands and there's nothing else you can do.

Different schools have different deadlines. I believe UTK's is March 1, so I've already filed mine. Check with the schools you are interested in and file at the earliest date it is due. Some schools have Feb. 15 deadlines, so I'd file ASAP.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you complete the FAFSA online, it says it will take 7-10 working days to process and send out to your requested schools. Mine took 1 week (5 working days).

Im pretty sure the "priority" deadline for submitting the FAFSA is March 1st. When I was an undergrad there was one semester where I didnt submit mine until partway through the semester, so I only received partial aid. Best advice is to check with your school. You can submit the FAFSA year-round but the school you attend may run out of funds to disburse if you wait too long!

Here's a link that may help: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/before003a.htm

Good Luck!