treatment plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thatswhatshesed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good evening!

I have perhaps a random or elementary question for the forum. I'm in a PsyD program in Texas and I haven't been instructed on how to create a proper treatment plan and am being asked to so in one of my classes. Is there anywhere I might be able to find a template or example I can go off of? I know there are case examples in books of mine (both past and present), but I am creating my own bullet pointed tx plan and was just wondering if there was an example/template/sample somewhere to go off of. Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks, y'all.

Em.

Members don't see this ad.

I would just use the samples from your book. I don't think there could be such a thing as a template. At least in my eyes, treatment plans depend on such an extraordinary number of things that the only sufficiently generalizeable template would be a blank page;)

It also depends on how much information you have at this point. If you have "Client presenting with depression" - I'd just pull a depression manual from your clinic library/professor/etc., synthesize and summarize. Hopefully they gave you more than that since in the real world its absolutely pointless to develop a treatment plan until after some sort of intake, but it depends what the professor's goal was.