Transitional Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fluffyj

Local Chipmunk
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since there isn't a forum for transitional years, I figured maybe other people out there would like to know about invites for transitionals. So far I've only applied for transtional year, and will only add prelims if I don't get interviews...

So far, I have one interview at JPS in Fort Worth

Members don't see this ad.

offered interview at Flushing (9/13)

Interview at The Medical Center in Columbus, GA

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received an interview invitation from MacNeal (Chicago) 9/19.

Downey Regional Med Center (LA county)
Valley Medical Center (Vegas)

*Osteopathic internship

Georgetown - email 9/22

Heard from Albert Einstein in Philadelphia, Frankford Hospital in Philadelphia, and Atlantic Health in New Jersey earlier this week.

maimonides (NY) 9/27 - email

Swedish Covenant (Chicago)- email 9/25

maimonides and albert einstein in philly last week.

Hey Guys,
TY was a very nebulous topic for me last year...regardless, I interviewed at a bunch last year from Jax, FL all the way to LA, including Albert Einstein, Denver, Salt Lake, Austin, Chicago, Roanoke, Baltimore, etc(12 total)...I would be happy to give you guys some more info about specific programs if I can...let me know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi CraigUF,
Any info on TY programs would be great for all of us I think. I applied to or have received interviews at some of those already (Denver, Roanoke, Austin, Jacksonville) so would love to hear opinions about those four programs!

Hey Guys,
TY was a very nebulous topic for me last year...regardless, I interviewed at a bunch last year from Jax, FL all the way to LA, including Albert Einstein, Denver, Salt Lake, Austin, Chicago, Roanoke, Baltimore, etc(12 total)...I would be happy to give you guys some more info about specific programs if I can...let me know.

I got an interview for the illustrious Methodist Hospital (formerly St. Joseph's) transitional year in Houston today 10/6.

Woo hoo.

Heard from them 10/06. :thumbup:

St. John's Mercy St. Louis, MO 10/11

So far I've got interviews at Flushings and Arrowhead TY.

My question is, I also applied to Flushings Prelim (I'm still not sure whether I'd rather get more "medicine" or more elective time) and have an appointment for the Prelim. Do you think the TY program at Flushings would mind interviewing me the same day or during the same week? I'm flying into NY from Cali and it would save me some cash if I don't have to fly back a 2nd time for the TY interview.

What's the etiquette on applying to both Prelim and TY? Is that a faux pas?

Thanks!

Denver, Harbor-UCLA. (I can tell you that both likely screen based on USMLE cuz I got interviews like 2 days after submitting).

Here's the compiled running list (feel free to add):

MacNeal (Chicago)
West Suburban (Chicago)
St. Vincent's (Indiana)
Denver
Harbor-UCLA
Flushings
Arrowhead
Methodist (houston)
Swedish (Chicago)
Albert Einstein
Frankford
Atlantic Health
Georgetown

Northwestern Evanston (Chicago)
MacNeal (Chicago)
West Suburban (Chicago)
St. Vincent's (Indiana)
Denver
Harbor-UCLA
Flushings
Arrowhead
Methodist (houston)
Swedish (Chicago)
Albert Einstein
Frankford
Atlantic Health
Georgetown

MacNeal (Chicago)
West Suburban (Chicago)
St. Vincent's (Indiana)
Denver
Harbor-UCLA
Flushings
Arrowhead
Methodist (houston)
Swedish (Chicago)
Albert Einstein
Frankford
Atlantic Health
Georgetown
Columbus Medical Center (GA)

MacNeal (Chicago)
West Suburban (Chicago)
St. Vincent's (Indiana)
Denver
Harbor-UCLA
Flushings
Arrowhead
Methodist (houston)
Swedish (Chicago)
Albert Einstein
Frankford
Atlantic Health
Georgetown
Maimonides (NY)
NY Hospital Queens

Can someone tell me what time in the AM NYHQ interview starts? My fiancee has it tomorrow, and her computer crashed a few hours ago! Also where is it building-wise? :eek:

MacNeal (Chicago)
West Suburban (Chicago)
St. Vincent's (Indiana)
Denver
Harbor-UCLA
Flushings
Arrowhead
Methodist (houston)
Swedish (Chicago)
Albert Einstein
Frankford
Atlantic Health
Georgetown
Maimonides (NY)
NY Hospital Queens
Hawaii
St. Vincent's (NYC)
St. Lukes (Milwaukee)
St. Joseph's (Milwaukee)
Scripps (San Diego)
St. Raphael's (CT)

MacNeal (Chicago)
West Suburban (Chicago)
St. Vincent's (Indiana)
Denver
Harbor-UCLA
Flushings
Arrowhead
Methodist (houston)
Swedish (Chicago)
Albert Einstein
Frankford
Atlantic Health
Georgetown
Maimonides (NY)
NY Hospital Queens
Hawaii
St. Francis (Chicago)
St. Lukes (Milwaukee)
St. Joseph's (Milwaukee)
Scripps (San Diego)
St. Raphael's (CT)[/QUOTE]

I have to admit, transitional year is some of the weirdest ranking patterns ever.

Even US seniors with 8 ranking-interviews have a 50% of not matching. F-ed up if you ask me.

I have to admit, transitional year is some of the weirdest ranking patterns ever.

Even US seniors with 8 ranking-interviews have a 50% of not matching. F-ed up if you ask me.

Are you using the NBME 2005 Match Outcome Data for this? I don't think you can trust that data they have published. For instance, it only lists 260 US applicants for 1017 positions. The number of positions may be correct, but I'm sure there were well over 260 US applicants. If that were really the case, then you'd assume that everyone would match. You are right about the 50% matching with 8 ranked programs; however this data was using a cohort of 6 people! Bottomline - TY is competitive, but don't trust the NBME statistics.