Transferring DO Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thundercat77

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about transferring schools? I am a first-year at a D.O. school (name withheld to protect the innocent), wanting to transfer to another D.O. school for my 3rd and 4th years in order to be closer to home.

If you know anything or have some pertinent information, please drop me an e-mail or a legitimate post.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I know of a student that is transferring between DO schools.... I will not reveal to which schools they are transferring to as to prevent any offense to anyone.... The way this student did it is to contact the other DO school to transfer to. Stay in close contact with their admissions and give your reason for the transfer. If your grades are in order and everything seems to have no flaws and you have created a good rapport with the admissions, then you have to go through the same process are applying to medical school again, but with your transcript from the DO school you are currently attending.

It's not impossible, that's for sure and if you have circumstances that they will understand then you're set.

The main obstacle is the administration in your current school. From all the students I know that transferred from DO to MD or DO to DO, I know all of them had to get a letter from the Dean and the Dean did not take kindly to their request....

Good luck to you and hope everything works out to your advantage.

Can my current school really make it difficult for me to transfer? If so, in what ways?

Thanks...