TRANSFERRING A PRESCRIPTION

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tania88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very confused about the refill amounts when I call for a transfer or a copy. I will appreciate if you clarify this for me.
Basically I dont know what dose it mean when someone says for example 1+ 0 refills
or what about 0 + 1?

what about when they say there is only 1 refills remain? how do you convert that to a number like above?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

When you transfer a prescription, that already counts as a fill.

1 + 0 means this fill + 0 refills. The pharmacist transferring the prescription over to you has a prescription that has 1 refill. When he transfers it out to you, it now has 0 refills.

0 + 1 makes no sense

If all they tell you over the phone is that there is 1 refill remaining. That would be a 1 + 0.

Last edited:
Hi there, for better answers involving pharmacists, next time try asking where more pharmacists hangout at this location
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/pharmacy.122/
(You are asking in sub forum for pharmacy classes)

Basically I dont know what dose it mean when someone says for example 1+ 0 refills

It means you have this fill + zero more fill.

or what about 0 + 1?
It means confusing info given you, I would clarify by asking: please clarify, 1 plus zero?.

what about when they say there is only 1 refills remain? how do you convert that to a number like above?
Same, it often means 1 plus zero more. I would clarify by asking: please clarify, 1 plus zero?

If you ask Rite Aid for transfer from Rite Aid to you, insist on getting a fax. Rite Aid can just click and fax many scripts to you in 1 fax. Very efficient and clear. You will get all information, store's address, store's DEA, pharmacist's full name....refills remaining...everything....by fax. Win win solution.