General Admissions & OTCAS Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coldness

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I was wondering whether I need to send ALL transcripts to the schools. I am sending in the 2 community college transcripts that I took recently on top of my primary institution, but I am wondering whether I need to send one from CSULA, since I took a single course there when I was in 7th grade for a special early college program.

It seems like an incredible pain to need even that one.

Members don't see this ad.

Most school ask for transcripts from all institutions attended. I took an American Government class in a community college - the transcript was $7 for one class. Imagine sending that to like 5-10 schools? For one class? Yeah, it sucks - but I'm almost 100% sure it needs to be done

I would ask the school if they want you to send ALL your transcripts or just some. I know one of the schools I applied to only required me to send my transcript showing my bachelor's degree and any of my transcripts with prerequisites on them.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's the fact that I wasn't even a high school student yet, that makes me wonder if they need it. It'd be understandable if I did it in/after high school and college.

I'd ask - if it wasn't for actual college credit, or towards any degree, it may not be necessary considering the context in which you took it (as a 13 year old kid).

Definitely ask; don't just assume. Some schools I applied to accepted my last school because they had my old school records on it too, but some schools wanted both.