General Admissions & OTCAS Transcripts and OTCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MexicanFoodLover

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I am starting the OTCAS process and am concerned about the Transcripts section on the OTCAS.

When entering in your courses, it says to use official transcripts, but obtaining the official transcripts from all of the schools I attended is very costly. Has anyone had issues using the unofficial transcript to enter class and grade information? I don't see the point in ordering official transcript copies to myself to simply enter in the classes and grades on the OTCAS site when I can easily see the information on an unofficial transcript.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, I am starting the OTCAS process and am concerned about the Transcripts section on the OTCAS.

When entering in your courses, it says to use official transcripts, but obtaining the official transcripts from all of the schools I attended is very costly. Has anyone had issues by using the unofficial transcript instead?

To my understanding, they will not take unofficial transcripts as they can be easily altered via photoshop or other editing applications. The process of applying to OT school is costly, but it pays off in the end!

If I am not mistaken, official transcripts are sent directly to the schools from the registrar. All four universities I went to used a PDF delivery system, and it cost from $2.50-7.50 to send them to OTCAS.

To get unofficial transcripts, which are stamped "unofficial student copy" but not accepted as proof, are usually free but identical to the official ones. Inputting your classes from unofficial is fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I am not mistaken, official transcripts are sent directly to the schools from the registrar. All four universities I went to used a PDF delivery system, and it cost from $2.50-7.50 to send them to OTCAS.

To get unofficial transcripts, which are stamped "unofficial student copy" but not accepted as proof, are usually free but identical to the official ones. Inputting your classes from unofficial is fine.
Thank you for your reply. I understand that I will need to send the official transcripts to the schools but I don't see why I need to send official transcript copies to myself to enter in the classes and grades on the OTCAS site when I can easily see the information on an unofficial transcript. That's my question.

Utilize the information from the unofficial copies that you have and input that info into OTCAS. Once your information has been added, then you will have to request your official transcripts that will be sent to OTCAS. The OTCAS officials will verify the information you have listed against your official transcripts. It's not very complicated. I just completed the whole process in two weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
Utilize the information from the unofficial copies that you have and input that info into OTCAS. Once your information has been added, then you will have to request your official transcripts that will be sent to OTCAS. The OTCAS officials will verify the information you have listed against your official transcripts. It's not very complicated. I just completed the whole process in two weeks.

I second this! Sorry I must have misunderstood your original concern. Definitely go this route

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you!