Tox rotation at Cook County?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GiJoe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm signed up to take tox at cook county starting november and was wondering if anyone out there has taken it. I heard it's a pretty chill month, but I was wondering if it was chill enough that I would have ample time to study for step 2 during those 4 weeks? How long is the average day during the rotation?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Someone I know took it his exact comments are
The hours are easy- 9:30 to noon most days and you stay until 5 pm only two days a week; one afternoon at the Ill Poison Center, and a 30 min powerpoint presentation of your choice at the end. Tim Erickson, the residency director of UIC is the director of the program. It's pretty cush and you learn a lot without really doing anything- haven't had to see a patient yet.

Like I said this isnt me but I figured you would find it helpful. good luck..

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the rotation last year & I'd say that's a pretty acurate representation of the work load - enjoy.

I did this rotation last year too, and you will definitely have tons of time to study for boards. PLENTY OF TIME. The rotation is AWESOME and high yield learning through morning lectures. You'll be done everyday by noon or so. Enjoy!