Touro University - Nevada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi I thought I'd join since we're we TUN DPT students are a rare find. I think I'm the only one in my class who ever heard of this forum. Anyway congrats to you guys on getting in! Glad to see you guys already get along because that's pretty necessary in the program! If anything, our class keeps each other together. WE are the reason we love our program so much =) If you have any specific questions about the school, faculty, where to live, what's good to eat around, whatever, just PM me. til then---

Members don't see this ad.

Ill second that, if you guys have any questions about being students here or moving to the area feel free to send a private message thingy...Also if you guys come for a visit and want to meet up with current students im sure plenty of people would be willing to answer questions. congrats on getting in :)

thank you so much mschelle13 and kicKer ! i am looking forward to starting this july. =)

Members don't see this ad :)
How's it going classmates! I am looking forward in meeting everyone and working together this July. Let's get it DONE!

How's it going classmates! I am looking forward in meeting everyone and working together this July. Let's get it DONE!

hey itzjaycee! congrats on ur acceptance! excited and looking forward to meeting you and our classmates this july! =)

hey itzjaycee! congrats on ur acceptance! excited and looking forward to meeting you and our classmates this july! =)

thanks bxbella! u too.

does anyone know the best areas to live in henderson that's convenient?

Just to clear a lot of people's questions, Henderson is a nice place to live. Take my word for it, because I can't stand the commute I take everyday and can't wait to move closer to school. If you go to the tunlive.com website, they give you a list of apartment complexes near the school, a lot of students live there. It's up to you if you wanna live any farther from campus, but fyi, NV drivers are slow and NHP frequent the freeways in the morning, no bueno if you're running late to make a quiz and you're rushing to make it! p.s. I suggest PMs for personal questions like my preferences about the school and faculty and program etc, everything else like living situations and class curriculum should be free to post out here

Hey guys, I just got accepted to the program not too long ago so I'm still looking for cheap housing around campus or anywhere nearby. If anyone still needs a housemate/roommate let me know. I am an Asian male, age 23. Very considerate, neat, and likes to hang out. Good people skills (currently working as a Starbucks barista). :laugh:

I would like to compare how I fair to the rest of you. Don't worry I am not competition for anyone; I am looking to apply in the fall.

If you feel comfortable posting you stats on here please message me.

Thank you.

Does anyone know when the 1st day of class is? I know it's in July..but was wondering what the exact date was. Thanks!!

7/5 and 7/6 orientation, 7/7 first day of class

Hi,

I'm starting in July at Touro, and I noticed that they require you to purchase a laptop. Do you know if this necessary, even for the MHS program which is 1year long?

When you got a tour, was there like a library with computer lab that you can use?

Any info is appreciated, thanks!!
:)

Interested in Touro NV. Can any of you current students fill me in on the accred. issue? When does the first class graduate? Also maybe your stats... Does the program do interviews, what were those like for you?
I am doing the PTCAS currently for entry 2012.
I did go to their web page and look at the student handbook / tuition / curriculum etc. I have also read through this thread. Anxious to hear from you all since you are now in the program.!!!!
GPA 3.1, PGPA 2.8 (doing mico bio now) Observation will be 120 in 4 different settings. Major at Az State Univ. in Kinesiology
I am looking schools where climate is warm, close to home.......
Thanks, I know you are busy w/ school.

Accreditation-- CAPTE came to visit our school and everything went smoothly. They were impressed with our program and will officially be accredited in May 2012 when the first class graduates
Interviews-- not required.
GPA-- I'm pretty sure our mean GPA to apply was pretty low. But as always, the higher the better...
They're particular looking for people who can bring diversity into their program. That doesn't mean just culturally. We're an interbreed of personalities and characters from different states, cities, towns... They're looking for people who can enrich our program. Good luck!

Mschelle13 thanks for the update I knew CAPTE was out in April and wondered how Touro did. I'll be there in July Yippee.!!

Male or Female roommate
Touro DPT student starting July. Looking for roommate to share a 2nd story townhome, split bedroom floor plan. Your bed/bath is at opposite end unit, washer / dryer. Boulder Court gated community at Russel and Boulder Hgwy. 5 mi from Touro. PM me for details. $500 per month includes rent, HOA, ALL utilities except cable. 1144 sq ft. Community Pool. Putting in new flooring and painting.