Touro University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my postcard today saying they still need 2LOR's...when does Pharmcas send these out.

Members don't see this ad.

Got my postcard today saying they still need 2LOR's...when does Pharmcas send these out.
Not sure...If you sent them to PharmCAS already and see that they received it, you should call them and ask: 617-612-205.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still waiting for invites, I have good news for you! I withdrew my app earlier today so there should be another chance for somebody else. Good luck to you all!

For those who were invited and have attended the Touro interview....

A few things sort of made me feel weird about the school.

1. The interview invitation letter was about 1/4 info about the interview, and 3/4 page about the Vallejo Marriot hotel. That was weird.

2. When I got to the interview, the admissions staff asked for a show of hands for how many people stayed at the Marriott (or took the free shuttle to campus.) SO Weird! (Did they ask this to all the groups who interviewed? I think my interview was on Dec 17)

3. The turnaround for the interview decision was 3 days. Seriously! 3 days! Of course that was awesome... what wasn't awesome is the $2,000 deposit that they want you to come up with 2 weeks AFTER those 3 days.

Overall, I actually had a much better impression of the school than I anticipated-- the faculty and curriculum seemed very good. However, the weird Marriott thing (seriously, they must be getting kickbacks from them), plus the obscenely high deposit which needed to be paid NOW, plus the 2 years of internships (which come on, is really a way for the school to take your money for an extra year, at minimal expense to them), left me overall with a feeling that the school really has funding problems, and they're using the admissions process in no small part to try and subsidize campus improvement projects, etc.

It all left me with a very mixed feeling about Touro.

Anyone else share the feelings?

1. The interview invitation letter was about 1/4 info about the interview, and 3/4 page about the Vallejo Marriot hotel. That was weird.

2. When I got to the interview, the admissions staff asked for a show of hands for how many people stayed at the Marriott (or took the free shuttle to campus.) SO Weird! (Did they ask this to all the groups who interviewed? I think my interview was on Dec 17)

3. The turnaround for the interview decision was 3 days. Seriously! 3 days! Of course that was awesome... what wasn't awesome is the $2,000 deposit that they want you to come up with 2 weeks AFTER those 3 days.

Overall, I actually had a much better impression of the school than I anticipated-- the faculty and curriculum seemed very good. However, the weird Marriott thing (seriously, they must be getting kickbacks from them), plus the obscenely high deposit which needed to be paid NOW, plus the 2 years of internships (which come on, is really a way for the school to take your money for an extra year, at minimal expense to them), left me overall with a feeling that the school really has funding problems, and they're using the admissions process in no small part to try and subsidize campus improvement projects, etc.

I agree it's kinda weird. They asked the same thing during my interview. I am pretty sure they take some kind of commissions from Mariott. They said there was "student discount" for staying at mariott, so I checked online, you only save $10 making it about $110. I thought it was too expensive, so I stayed at Best Western. It is a few blocks away from Mariott, it was only $60. I had like a whole suite thing by myself.

My interview was rough since there was one professor that love to bash on students' answer. About the deposit thing, I am kind glad that I got high waitlisted instead of getting accepted right away. This way I don't have to pay the $2000 yet.

I agree it's kinda weird. They asked the same thing during my interview. I am pretty sure they take some kind of commissions from Mariott. They said there was "student discount" for staying at mariott, so I checked online, you only save $10 making it about $110. I thought it was too expensive, so I stayed at Best Western. It is a few blocks away from Mariott, it was only $60. I had like a whole suite thing by myself.

My interview was rough since there was one professor that love to bash on students' answer. About the deposit thing, I am kind glad that I got high waitlisted instead of getting accepted right away. This way I don't have to pay the $2000 yet.

I also interviewed with that professor and been placed on the wait list. Bad luck I suppose. Do you know if they put everyone who interviewed that has not been accepted on the wait list? or do they actually reject people as well?

We actually stayed at the Vallejo Motel 6.... only $39.99 :)

I highly suspected that they asked every group about the Marriott hotel. Your story confirmed my suspicion!

And as for the $2000 deposit, I was accepted to Western on the DAY of the Touro deposit deadline, so thankfully I didn't have to pay it! Seriously, if it were more reasonable, say $500 or below, I probably would have paid. But $2000 is highway robbery.

well i had the interview today...and Mr. Davis talked about this post XD
he said he asked how many there were only because he wanted to make sure the shuttle picks up everyone at the lower campus....

The interview was OK, nothing really surprised me, and I kinda like the campus....and the admission commitee meets feb. 24th...that basically when we'll have our results...

the 2+2 sounds hard ><

Hello schleima,

Congrats on your acceptances to both Touro and Western!

Fortunately, I live in Bay Area so I didn't have to stay at a hotel for my Touro interview. I just drove there in the morning. I think they asked how many students stayed in Marriot, but it seems to me they wanted to know how many students needed to return to the Admissions Office building and how many had to be picked up by a shuttle. Anyways, I don't care even if they get something from Marriot for referring students there. It's not like you are forced to stay there, you can always figure out better options for yourself if you want to.

I think you were lucky that you heard from them in 3 days. I had to wait for a week, and I know that some students waited for about two weeks. I remember Steven saying that the committee makes decisions on students who are accepted every 2 weeks. It just worked out that they met right after your interview and you heard from them back so early. Some applicants to UOP also heard about their acceptances in less than a week. I guess learning you were accepted in 3 days doesn't mean anything. In fact, someone else would be very happy to get that acceptance letter in just 3 days.

And why do you say that you have to study at Touro for an extra year. Most pharmacy schools are actually 4 years, not 3. And Touro is a 4-year pharmacy school. It's one of the few programs that has 2 years of didactic studies and 2 years of clinical experience. In the end, you are getting more hands-on practical clinical experience as opposed to having just a year of rotations, which is supposed to be a good thing. Don't you agree?

Just my 2 cents.

And why do you say that you have to study at Touro for an extra year. Most pharmacy schools are actually 4 years, not 3. And Touro is a 4-year pharmacy school. It's one of the few programs that has 2 years of didactic studies and 2 years of clinical experience. In the end, you are getting more hands-on practical clinical experience as opposed to having just a year of rotations, which is supposed to be a good thing. Don't you agree?

Hi Ice Queen, I understand that most schools are 4 years, but Touro basically does the same thing as UOP (a 3 year program). Like UOP, Touro compresses 3 years of traditional didactic instruction into 2 intense years by eliminating major holiday breaks. With UOP, this greatly benefits the student... after the 2 years, it's just 1 more year of internships and you get to graduate in 3 years! That's one whole year of tuition money saved!! That's HUGE. Awesome. Amazing.

With Touro.... what? I've killed myself for 2 hard holiday-free academic years, and yet I've STILL got 2 years of internships to do! AND an extra $40,000 in tuition to pay. Where's the benefit to the student? (I know the extra experience is valuable, but is it so valuable that you want to pay an extra $40,000 in tuition for the privilege when the folks from UOP are out there working as pharmacists a year earlier?)

That's not cool. I'm not saying that the extra intern year wouldn't be beneficial to my career, or that it wouldn't be a great experience. I'm sure it would be. But the idea that the school is charging me an extra $40,000 just so that I can work for free (and mind you, as an intern I am pulling a MINIMAL amount of resources from the school... it feels simply like I'd be charged $40,000 for a rubber Touro stamp on my PharmD degree)

Maybe someone here can clarify this for me? If the 3 years of traditional didactic instruction is compressed to 2 years like UOP, then what is the benefit (to the student) of paying $40 grand for a 4th year internship? Every time I hear them use 2+2 as a selling point, it just makes me angry... I hear yet another $$ch-ching$$ ringing from the Touro cash register. First the $2,000 deposit, the suspicious Marriott pay-for-play thing, and the superfluous $40k internship.

Last edited:
well i had the interview today...and Mr. Davis talked about this post XD
he said he asked how many there were only because he wanted to make sure the shuttle picks up everyone at the lower campus....

Oh come on, that's a ridiculous excuse... we are doctoral level candidates, not kids attending summer camp!

I felt it was highly unprofessional of the admissions staff to inquire about our lodging accommodations. No other school I've interviewed at put any emphasis at all on hotel accommodations (and why should they?), other than to offer suggestions if I inquired. Hotel accommodations are *so utterly irrelevant* to the reason that we are interviewing on the campus. Seriously, they've spent an absurdly disproportionate amount of time discussing the Marriott Vallejo hotel (as have I :))

Last edited:
Summers are off at Touro, right? So it's not a year-round program like UOP...

With Touro.... what? I've killed myself for 2 hard holiday-free academic years, and yet I've STILL got 2 years of internships to do! AND an extra $40,000 in tuition to pay. Where's the benefit to the student? (I know the extra experience is valuable, but is it so valuable that you want to pay an extra $40,000 in tuition for the privilege when the folks from UOP are out there working as pharmacists a year earlier?)

Members don't see this ad :)
By reading all the comments above .... It's a good thing that I get waitlisted then ...

Summers are off at Touro, right? So it's not a year-round program like UOP...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding was that the only way to compress 3 years of didactic study into 2 was to virtually eliminate all holidays. There's still got the same amount (3 years) of didactic material to cover, so the only way to do that is to study over the breaks. Unless Touro is able to bend time and space, I don't see how they could provide full summer breaks when UOP cannot. And even if Touro did allow for full summer breaks, that would mean some of the third internship year would have to be didactic, no? You have to fit the material in somewhere, but that clearly goes against the whole 2+2 philosophy that they use to sell the program.

At UOP they still give you some holidays, but they're abbreviated-- not the full amount like you would take if you were attending a 4 year school like UCSF. But of course those summer breaks are useful too, because it gives you more time to pack in those 1500 internship hours when you're not already burdened with intense studying. There's benefits to both systems.

What I *don't* see the benefit in is paying an extra $40,000 so that I can have the privilege of working for free! Consider that no matter where you go to school, you still need 1,500 hours to sit for the NAPLEX, so if I can get those 1,500 finished in 3 years (at UOP) WHY IN THE WORLD would I want to pay another $40k to extend those 1,500 hours into a 4th year? It don't make-y no sense-y!

Please, if anyone has a different perspective on Touro's 2+2, please chime in.

Please note, this is not "sour grapes", because I was actually accepted to Touro, and placed on hold for UOP. I'm just calling 'em like I sees 'em... no sour grapes.

Hey schleima,
With respect to your opinion about touro, I believe you are making a big mistake. The extra year of clinical rotations at touro is a unique feature of their curriculum that will offer us extensive exposure to patients. That will helps us to beocme more clinicaly mature and in future as a pharmacist take a greater clinical role above the traditional role of despensing medications. Although you think of it just as an extra year of internship, but you and others who think like you end up working at a retail store behind a counter scaning packages of medications. There is a reason why touro students won first place in the Clinical Skills Competition in Califonia.

I agree with koushyarp...

2+2 allow us to have an extra year of rotation rather than studying. It more like before you can run, you have to walk. That extra year of rotation allow us to experience more clinical practices and what to do when your a REAL pharmacist. Trust me, if you do not have enough experiences after you complete the NAPLEX, it will just make life miserable as a pharmacist. 2+2 is not a bad program at all...just that we have to cramp all coursework in 2 years rather than 3 years....ouch! But I do like the Block systems where it is similar to Western block systems. :D

Hi Schleima,

I see that you've got "great" opinions on this school, but everyone has different preferences. Some people like the 2+2 and there are others like you who don't. Even more realistically, some are simply just more than happy to get whatever it is they can get. I think we should respect those who are attending and those who will be attending by realizing that there's trade-offs to almost everything in life, in this case, the school we choose. Let's also take into consideration of the English Proverb, "Slow and steady wins the race." :love:

Hey schleima,
With respect to your opinion about touro, I believe you are making a big mistake. The extra year of clinical rotations at touro is a unique feature of their curriculum that will offer us extensive exposure to patients. That will helps us to beocme more clinicaly mature and in future as a pharmacist take a greater clinical role above the traditional role of despensing medications. Although you think of it just as an extra year of internship, but you and others who think like you end up working at a retail store behind a counter scaning packages of medications. There is a reason why touro students won first place in the Clinical Skills Competition in Califonia.

Hi koushyarp,

I don't understand....

Why exactly are the 1,500 hours at Touro going to "offer us extensive exposure to patients" moreso than the 1,500 hours I would spend at UOP, UCSF, or anywhere else that has 1 year of internships?

By that argument, why not offer a 3rd year of internship!!! Yes, let's spread out the 1,500 hours over 3 years, charge an additional $40,000 for a 3rd year of internship, and then you'll REALLY have a lot more experience! Be a lot more clinically mature!

You see, it just doesn't make logical sense. 1,500 hours is 1,500 hours, no matter what school you attend, and no matter how many years you spread it out over.

Now if Touro had a program which said "we offer 2,500 hours so that when you graduate, you will be more clinically mature, have more extensive exposure to patients, etc." that makes more sense. (However, I'd still argue that this was not worth it, because we all have an option to work more than 1,500 hours if we choose to... we don't need to pay an additional year at $40k to do something we can arrange ourselves for free).

What is the advantage in spreading those 1,500 hours out over 2 internship years (and paying an extra $40,000 for the privilege?) That's my real issue. 40 grand is a LOT of dough, and a lot of extra years in debt to pay it off.

*edit*
Just saw BobbieB's "slow and steady wins the race".... totally understand and appreciate that perspective. But is "slow and steady" worth an extra $40k? In my opinion, it is not.... I feel like that 4th year (and the 40 grand) should be going towards my residency.

Last edited:
Hi Schleima,

Even more realistically, some are simply just more than happy to get whatever it is they can get.

I totally understand this.... I was turned down from all schools I applied to last year, and Touro was my first acceptance this year so I was thrilled to find out that they wanted me. Ultimately I chose Western because of Touro's high deposit. However, overall I was impressed with Touro's faculty and curriculum (aside from the 4th year internship thing, per above...) and I certainly do not think less of anyone who is good enough to be accepted by Touro. My problem is with the school's money-grab policies, not the curriculum, faculty or students.

Last edited:
Schleima
If you had such strong reservations about the school's money grabbing policies as you so put it then why did you apply there? I bet at the interview you probably used the 2+2 as to why you like the school. I think if you choose to attend another school don't make it a point to talk bad about another school. Have you thought about maybe they "Touro" used the $2000 down payment to attract only students that are seriously thinking about attending the school. I am an example of such a student, I got accepted to touro paid my $2000 but got into USC which was my first choice but I will forever be grateful to touro for accepting me and giving me the confidence in all my other interviews (usc, ucsd, western 2/27). I don't mean to start anything but I just think that one should watch the impact of their words. I am happy for your acceptance to western.

On a brighter note...

I just scheduled my interview for next Wednesday 03/02! Hooray! I'm so excited! :D

As a general reply to the current topic though... I think I am on the same page with those who view becoming a pharmacist as a life goal and I will be happy, no ecstatic, taking whichever route which leads me to that goal. With that said... YAY TOURO CA COP!!! :laugh:

Schleima
If you had such strong reservations about the school's money grabbing policies as you so put it then why did you apply there? I bet at the interview you probably used the 2+2 as to why you like the school. I think if you choose to attend another school don't make it a point to talk bad about another school. Have you thought about maybe they "Touro" used the $2000 down payment to attract only students that are seriously thinking about attending the school. I am an example of such a student, I got accepted to touro paid my $2000 but got into USC which was my first choice but I will forever be grateful to touro for accepting me and giving me the confidence in all my other interviews (usc, ucsd, western 2/27). I don't mean to start anything but I just think that one should watch the impact of their words. I am happy for your acceptance to western.

First let me just clarify that this is my wife who is the pharmacy school applicant... I'm speaking in the first person for brevity (so every post doesn't begin with "my wife is applying to pharmacy school but I believe that... etc. etc). But we have gone through this crazy application process together for the last 2 years, so I do have very strong opinions about the process. So... disclaimer, I'm not speaking for her, but for myself, having gone through the whole process with her (twice).

I know that she did not use 2+2 as her reason, because we specifically discussed that in preparing for the interview. She really liked the fact that Touro recruited UCSF faculty and I believe that is what she said during her interview.

I disagree that the $2000 deposit serves only to secure students who are serious about attending Touro... I believe that's an oversimplification of a more complicated scenario. Consider Touro's perspective--Touro knows that they are the new kid on the block. While I agree that they seem to have a great curriculum and faculty, they haven't yet built a strong reputation-- and reputation means a lot... specifically, it means that students accepted to Touro, given the opportunity, are likely to jump ship to a cheaper/more reputable/shorter term school. There's a reason why UCSF's deposit is only $100.... they know that they're not going to lose students to Touro (or almost anywhere else).

The straight truth is Touro knows that given the option, and all other things being equal, the vast majority of students who have a choice (i.e. those accepted to Touro AND UCSF/UOP/USC) would not attend Touro because of the high cost, location, and lack of reputation. (Remember, I totally acknowledge that this is not fair to Touro-- but it is the truth). If Touro distinguished themselves (for example, as a 3 year school, or as a more affordable alternative to UOP/Northstate, rather than as a 2+2 which I believe is not a true advantage to the student) while their faculty and curriculum reputation grew, they'd make themselves a lot more competitive, and as a result more people would choose Touro first and the $2000 deposit wouldn't be necessary. (Who knows, maybe Touro's long term financial plan is to nail down several years' worth of forfeited deposits....which adds up to *hundreds of thousands* each year (it's not hard to do the math)... which will help shore up the new school's finances and infrastructure *really* quickly. Then they can bring the deposit down to a more reasonable level. But there is something that feels so wrong about that to me, since no other schools are doing it. It shouldn't be the obligation of potential students to significantly fund school infrastructure projects!)

Remember, I'm not speaking about individuals who choose Touro over better known schools for personal reasons (maybe they have family in Vallejo or something else which keeps them in that area). I'm talking about as a general population, I believe the majority of accepted students would not choose Touro over most other pharma schools in CA, all things being equal.

I'm not saying this is fair to Touro-- as I said, we were impressed with what Touro had to offer. I just believe that reputation (and cost) has a lot to do with whether people choose an up and coming school which needs money to help build their reputation, campus and facilities. In the end my wife chose a different school because of economics and geography. In fact she was quite sad to turn down Touro, but she was accepted elsewhere and she couldn't justify putting down $2000 while she decided which of the 2 schools she wanted to go to. (That's another reality that Touro needs to face.... they NEED to attract high quality students, and having such a prohibitively high deposit is going to continue to push lots of us away). If Touro had a $300 deposit, my wife gladly would have paid it and then taken her time to make a decision that she felt really good about. And she might have chosen Touro. But ultimately she didn't feel the luxury of deliberation was worth $2,000.)

In addition, she wasn't willing to sacrifice her dream of a summer internship at the Mayo Clinic by giving up her summers for a compressed curriculum that still kept her captive for a 4th year.

And yes, Touro was her first acceptance too, and as it did with you, it gave her a huge confidence boost for her other interviews, and she felt a real sense of betrayal in telling Mr. Davis that she ultimately chose not to attend. So mind you, I'm not out to bash Touro.... in fact, I'm hoping that Touro reads this and learns a bit about how their school is perceived by applicants and provide and promote the *real* advantages of their school, and not rely on the invention of dubious devices like the 2+2. They need to spend more time promoting the *real* advantages... the quality of their curriculum and faculty. I think if they did that, plus created a true 3 year curriculum like UOP, they could *really* be competitive, growing their reputation very quickly, and then the deposit wouldn't feel like a penalty (or extortion, depending on your perspective!)

Anyway, just my $0.02 (or maybe it's $2,000 by now!)

Last edited:
I'm a first year student at Touro and I like the 2+2 program. It's not for everyone, but I can assure you that all the students at Touro enjoy our Winter and Summer breaks. We don't want to be like UOP. We don't want to be like any other California pharmacy school as a matter of fact. We are Touro University, and we are proud of our students, faculty, and our accomplishments as a young school. Unless you are in Pharmacy school then you cannot conceive how valuable an extra year of pharmacy internship is...it's priceless. Rushing through your initial pharmacy practice experience is risky, dangerous to the patient, and dangerous to your career. Have patience and be open-minded to your preceptors. Plus there are more advantages that many applicants don't see until you become a student at Touro. We have a College of Osteopathic Medicine, a Physicians Assistant program, and a Public Health program. The school integrates and allows interaction with these health student professionals and is a definite advantage to a Pharmacy student. Personally, money isn't a issue when it comes to deciding a pharmacy program, it's not like you can take that extra $40 k with you when you die. You should ask yourself, what school will do the best job at preparing me to be the best pharmacist I can be. By the way, Touro has a strong emphasis on clinical pharmacy. If you don't know what that means, I suggest you research it so you know what kind of program you are applying to. As stated before, clinical pharmacy is not for everybody, but I can confidently say that clinical pharmacy makes retail look like a walk in the park. Good Luck to all future applicants. Be a strong and organized writer & above all...speak with confidence!

I'm a bit confused...my application for touro was complete since November (Pharmacs and the Supplemental)...Yet, I haven't heard anything yet...no interview or anything....however, it seems that some of you who sent your supplementals in January already received some info on interviews or status...congrats to those who were interviewed or accepted to Touro...but I'm just a bit concerned...should I e-mail Julie Lee and ask her about my application status??? I would appreciate any suggestions...

I'm a bit confused...my application for touro was complete since November (Pharmacs and the Supplemental)...Yet, I haven't heard anything yet...no interview or anything....however, it seems that some of you who sent your supplementals in January already received some info on interviews or status...congrats to those who were interviewed or accepted to Touro...but I'm just a bit concerned...should I e-mail Julie Lee and ask her about my application status??? I would appreciate any suggestions...
I would send an e-mail to Julie to find out the status, because it has been a while since you submitted your application. Well, I am on the same boat with you, but I submitted my supplemental at the beginning of January. Did you get a postcard confirmation? The last time I e-mailed Julie regarding my application status was two weeks ago, the response I got was the admission proccess is very selective this year. A decision could be made any time between now and May. I figure there are still some waiting time that I will have to go through.

E-mail Julie for sure... She is very nice and helpful. I think you should have received the application received card by now. Wish you the best of luck. :xf::luck:

I would send an e-mail to Julie to find out the status, because it has been a while since you submitted your application. Well, I am on the same boat with you, but I submitted my supplemental at the beginning of January. Did you get a postcard confirmation? The last time I e-mailed Julie regarding my application status was two weeks ago, the response I got was the admission proccess is very selective this year. A decision could be made any time between now and May. I figure there are still some waiting time that I will have to go through.

Hi,

I understand waiting would kill applicants.
I guess your applcation is not too bad to get rejected right away; they still keep it for back-up while they are receiving some more applications. Untill they can't get any better, they might call you.
My friend hit the case but in the other school last cycle. That's why even you write to them, they wont answer to the point you will be invited or not.

Good luck

Thank you checkerbeary, Heideh Assareh, and tybidin! I did receive a postcard from Touro back in November saying that my application was complete. But, now I guess I just hafta wait and see if I get called for an interview. Ughhh, waiting till May would be stressful! Maybe I'll see you at an interview date checkerbeary! :) Thanks to all of you again for your suggestions! I truly appreciate it!

Hi,

I just booked my flight for interview to Touro. Has anyone taken the EVANS shuttle from the airport??? Is the shuttle pick/drop time accurate. I'm planning on staying one night and flying back the day of the interview.

Does the interview end by 1:30???

Thanks

Thank you checkerbeary, Heideh Assareh, and tybidin! I did receive a postcard from Touro back in November saying that my application was complete. But, now I guess I just hafta wait and see if I get called for an interview. Ughhh, waiting till May would be stressful! Maybe I'll see you at an interview date checkerbeary! :) Thanks to all of you again for your suggestions! I truly appreciate it!
Yeah, I am hoping that we both will get an invitation.:luck:

Hi,

I just booked my flight for interview to Touro. Has anyone taken the EVANS shuttle from the airport??? Is the shuttle pick/drop time accurate. I'm planning on staying one night and flying back the day of the interview.

Does the interview end by 1:30???

Thanks

It does end at 1:30 but it does not mean that you will be at the hotel by this time. Evans is good

i sent in my suppl in 2009, but haven't been given an interview or rejection. i prob won't get an interview at this point, but should i still fill out a fafsa just in case? if so, what is the deadline? thanks:D

i sent in my suppl in 2009, but haven't been given an interview or rejection. i prob won't get an interview at this point, but should i still fill out a fafsa just in case? if so, what is the deadline? thanks:D

Touro interviews pretty late, so to be on the safe side, I would recommend that you fill out the fafsa prior to March 3rd.

Fill Fafsa.. remain on the safe side.

Hi, anyone on waitlist heard from Touro? I have been waiting since December~~:xf:

Hi, anyone on waitlist heard from Touro? I have been waiting since December~~:xf:

Im on HW at Touro, I interviewed on 1/13/2010. I think we will not hear anything about wait list movement until after their final interviews. So, we are most likely looking at late June to July.

Last edited:
I'm also high waitlisted, and this is probably my best chance to get in this year. I wish we could find out earlier, because I'm already prepping myself for the next app cycle to apply OOS. I already signed up for Kaplan PCAT prep course, and the June PCAT.
I'm just wondering, is anyone else already preparing for next app cycle like me? Or do you guys think I should have just waited, because I could eventually get into Touro.

I'm also high waitlisted, and this is probably my best chance to get in this year. I wish we could find out earlier, because I'm already prepping myself for the next app cycle to apply OOS. I already signed up for Kaplan PCAT prep course, and the June PCAT.
I'm just wondering, is anyone else already preparing for next app cycle like me? Or do you guys think I should have just waited, because I could eventually get into Touro.

already preparing as well, gotta prepare for the worst right?

Hey checkerbeary, I received the same e-mail notification from Julie Lee, where she states that the admissions commitee is selective this year and a decision could be made from now till the end of May. Oh boy, I hate waiting...but let me know if/when you receive an interview invite. Best of luck to the both of us!

thanks emc & HA,
i filled out the fafsa, but the only code i found for touro was for the TOURO CLG OSEOPATHIC MEDICINE E00892. Is that the correct code?

thanks emc & Hedieh Assareh,
i filled out the fafsa, but the only code i found for touro was for the TOURO CLG OSEOPATHIC MEDICINE E00892. Is that the correct code?

thanks emc & Hedieh Assareh,

They said to use the Touro College NY code, even though you are applying for Touro-CA. The code is 010142.

They said to use the Touro College NY code, even though you are applying for Touro-CA. The code is 010142.

Hey guys, Are you guys talking about the FAFSA Touro code? I called Touro and they said the code is 041426 and it will be effective March 15.

Hey guys, Are you guys talking about the FAFSA Touro code? I called Touro and they said the code is 041426 and it will be effective March 15.
Really? I just recently submitted my FAFSA last weekend. Do I need to change the code? Or I'll just call them tomorrow to verify.

This is the email response I received from one of the Financial Aid Directors at Touro-CA:

Good Morning [lakersfanpharmd],

Thank you checking in with us to determine what steps should be taken regarding the FAFSA application process. You are correct in that our code has been for many years the NY code of 010142. We anticipate becoming a free standing institution on March 15th in which our code will then be 041426 for the FAFSA. We continue to wait for the exact date this will happen however, when I checked yesterday, the target date continues to be March 15th. In the meantime, many students have completed the FAFSA with the New York code. Once we are able to move forward with our new CA code, we will contact all of those who have FAFSA's in our system with the 010142 code, and have them add this new code to the completed FAFSA.

Hope that clarifies it for all of you who are wondering.

Hey checkerbeary, I received the same e-mail notification from Julie Lee, where she states that the admissions commitee is selective this year and a decision could be made from now till the end of May. Oh boy, I hate waiting...but let me know if/when you receive an interview invite. Best of luck to the both of us!
Hey, I got the interview phone call from Julie today. My interview is scheduled on March 17th. I am so busy in these upcoming weeks--I have anatomy lab practical next week then ochem exam on the week of the interview. Hope I can handle everything...Hope you will get the interview call soon! :xf:

Good Morning [lakersfanpharmd],

Thank you checking in with us to determine what steps should be taken regarding the FAFSA application process. You are correct in that our code has been for many years the NY code of 010142. We anticipate becoming a free standing institution on March 15th in which our code will then be 041426 for the FAFSA. We continue to wait for the exact date this will happen however, when I checked yesterday, the target date continues to be March 15th. In the meantime, many students have completed the FAFSA with the New York code. Once we are able to move forward with our new CA code, we will contact all of those who have FAFSA's in our system with the 010142 code, and have them add this new code to the completed FAFSA.

Thanks for sharing the information.

Congrats checkerbeary!! I am so happy for you!! I didn't know they call for interviews...I thought they did it via snail mail. But, that is awesome! I hope I get a phone call soon too! The wait is killing me! Lol! Don't stress about your classes! I know you will do awesome at the interview! Goodluck checkerbeary! Let me know how it goes!! :)