2016 Touro NY c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lnguyen11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see one for Touro NY for Fall 2016 so here it is! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a former Touro Student. You have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Hey. On the supplemental page specifically the LOR section, it says that you need to have one from a health professional. Is that addition to the LOR that you send to pharmcas too or do they just use the Pharmcas one.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am interviewing in few days. I was hoping if someone who recently matriculated can tell me if the interview is close file? Also any advice or suggestions on preparing for the interview will be much appreciated. Any questions they frequently ask?

I got an interview !!! I am totally nervous ! Some advices on preparing for the interview ?

Hi, I want to be extremely prepare for my interview can you give me some recommendation for the interview?

I am interviewing in few days. I was hoping if someone who recently matriculated can tell me if the interview is close file? Also any advice or suggestions on preparing for the interview will be much appreciated. Any questions they frequently ask?

What are your stats?

Can you guys share your stats, please? I am in the process of applying to this school and I have the same question that was asked about the LOR; will pharmCAS send them directly or they need additional ones with the supplemental, because on their supplemental it says "sealed". Also, I could not find their supplemental application fee. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

I got an interview !!! I am totally nervous ! Some advices on preparing for the interview ?

It is open file, but they do look at you holistically, not just grades.

I heard previous years interviews were close filed. Anyway I am super excited got an interview!!!! can you give us some advice?

Hi guys, I plan on submitting my application in January after my PCAT. Can anyone share their stats please? I want to be hopeful that a miracle will happen and I will be accepted, lol.

I would be careful going into this school! This was the school that went into probation last year and when I was an applicant they were sending out emails asking students to apply even after the deadline and how they r waiving application fees to get students to apply.

I would be careful going into this school! This was the school that went into probation last year and when I was an applicant they were sending out emails asking students to apply even after the deadline and how they r waiving application fees to get students to apply.

I really like the school though. I wanted to apply even though they were on probation. I just wonder if it will be easier to get in this year since many students will not be applying due to the issue Touro faced.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really like the school though. I wanted to apply even though they were on probation. I just wonder if it will be easier to get in this year since many students will not be applying due to the issue Touro faced.

I am sure it will he really easy because they are literally fishing for applicants! I would highly consider other established schools. Would you want to pay so much for a school that's in probation instead of going to a established one? It's easy to get in but think about what you are getting yourself into, the school is in trouble obviously for a reason. You would want to graduate from a school that has a good reputation especially now there is so many schools and so many grads every year to land a job. I just gave you the advice I would give myself.

I am sure it will he really easy because they are literally fishing for applicants! I would highly consider other established schools. Would you want to pay so much for a school that's in probation instead of going to a established one? It's easy to get in but think about what you are getting yourself into, the school is in trouble obviously for a reason. You would want to graduate from a school that has a good reputation especially now there is so many schools and so many grads every year to land a job. I just gave you the advice I would give myself.

So, is the school still on probabtion? Sorry for asking this, but does it mean that it is not accredited?

So, is the school still on probabtion? Sorry for asking this, but does it mean that it is not accredited?

I don't know if they are haven't checked but if you check their Pharmcas status and look up the school accreditation, it will tell you. Last I heard they took away their PCAT requirement and wanted students to apply!

I don't know if they are haven't checked but if you check their Pharmcas status and look up the school accreditation, it will tell you. Last I heard they took away their PCAT requirement and wanted students to apply!

Thanks for the information!

I received an Email from the school today saying my application is under review.

Does anyone know how long it takes them to send interview invitations?

I received an Email from the school today saying my application is under review.

I got my interview invite the same day I received an email saying my application is complete and is under review.

I got my interview invite the same day I received an email saying my application is complete and is under review.

Wow, that's awesome.
How far away was your interview day from the day you were notified?

Also, if you do not mind sharing your stats, please?

I know that usually at the end of the month the interviews are conducted so I am assuming you will know within a few weeks

Hey guys,

I received interview invitation today for 11/24 @ 10AM. Anyone interviewing on this date?

Hey guys,

I received interview invitation today for 11/24 @ 10AM. Anyone interviewing on this date?

I also have an interview 11/24. Where are you coming in from YTAZ?

From Arizona. What about you?
I'm coming from California. Have you had any other interviews or do you have any others lined up? I have one in Indiana this Saturday, one at Touro CA and one at University of Pacific, both next week. I also have one at CHSU but I haven't decided if I want to go to that one.

I'm coming from California. Have you had any other interviews or do you have any others lined up? I have one in Indiana this Saturday, one at Touro CA and one at University of Pacific, both next week. I also have one at CHSU but I haven't decided if I want to go to that one.

No, this is my first interview. My PharmCAS app was sent to my designated programs 5 days ago. Hopefully I receive interview invitations for them lol.
Good luck on all of your interviews.
I just booked my hotel. Where are you staying?

No, this is my first interview. My PharmCAS app was sent to my designated programs 5 days ago. Hopefully I receive interview invitations for them lol.
Good luck on all of your interviews.
I just booked my hotel. Where are you staying?
Good luck, guys!

For supplement application, do we need to send the LOR separately?

Hi everyone! I'm sorry to bother you all, but could you also give me thoughts on my chances (if there are any)? I will receive a BS in Biology from the University of Wisconsin in May and here are my stats:

Cumulative GPA: 2.70
Science GPA: 2.21
Math GPA: 3.0
Non-Science GPA: 3.22

PCAT Composite: 93
Verbal Ability: 91
Biology: 92
Reading Comprehension: 90
Quantitative Ability: 85
Chemistry: 85

I also have worked 30-40 hours per week every semester of college (hence the terrible grades) and have work experience in both retail and hospital pharmacy. Additionally, I was involved in two research labs (in biomolecular chemistry and pharmaceutical sciences), and have significant volunteering and extracurricular experience. I'm hoping my scores on the PCAT and my other relevant experiences will at least make schools look at me, but my GPA stats are SO SO bad that I'm really worried... I know there are many messages saying that they are fishing for applicants and that they will accept everyone, but given my low GPA, I'm not so sure that applies to me...

Thanks guys! And congratulations to everyone that has received interviews and/or has been accepted. Reading how kind everyone is on this thread has made me really happy :)

Hi everyone! I'm sorry to bother you all, but could you also give me thoughts on my chances (if there are any)? I will receive a BS in Biology from the University of Wisconsin in May and here are my stats:

Cumulative GPA: 2.70
Science GPA: 2.21
Math GPA: 3.0
Non-Science GPA: 3.22

PCAT Composite: 93
Verbal Ability: 91
Biology: 92
Reading Comprehension: 90
Quantitative Ability: 85
Chemistry: 85

I also have worked 30-40 hours per week every semester of college (hence the terrible grades) and have work experience in both retail and hospital pharmacy. Additionally, I was involved in two research labs (in biomolecular chemistry and pharmaceutical sciences), and have significant volunteering and extracurricular experience. I'm hoping my scores on the PCAT and my other relevant experiences will at least make schools look at me, but my GPA stats are SO SO bad that I'm really worried... I know there are many messages saying that they are fishing for applicants and that they will accept everyone, but given my low GPA, I'm not so sure that applies to me...

Thanks guys! And congratulations to everyone that has received interviews and/or has been accepted. Reading how kind everyone is on this thread has made me really happy :)

Hey! So don't worry at all. I think you have a really good chance. I spoke to the admissions recruiter and she said to explain any reason for bad grades in the supplemental and that they really want to see a well rounded applicant. Given the stats and experiences, I think you have a great chance. Goodluck to you.

I am sorta in your boat and my PCAT is wednesday :oops:

Hi , Does anyone know how pharmcas goes about calculating college courses I took in high school?

I took these LEAP courses provided by my high school and I didn't know that pharmcas would include it when I submitted my transcripts for a county college. The reason I had to submit my cc transcripts was because I took anatomy there and somehow they put my high school college courses on Pharmcas.

Is there any way I can get rid of it??

I got my acceptance Email today!

Got my acceptance email today as well!

Reactions: 1 users
I got my acceptance letter today too! WAHOOOOOOO!!!

This school is fully accredited. Why are you spreading misinformation?

This school is fully accredited. Why are you spreading misinformation?
It might be now but when I checked they were on probation. I don't benefit from "misinforming" anyone. But I would never go to a schools that's desperate for applicants or can't kept its accreditation.

It might be now but when I checked they were on probation. I don't benefit from "misinforming" anyone. But I would never go to a schools that's desperate for applicants or can't kept its accreditation.
They are not desperate for students and are actively turning students down. Their acceptance rate is 15% of applicants. Your insinuating that they are poaching students is rude and caustic as many students have worked very hard to meet their requirements for admission in addition to their grueling interview process. I've seen you trolling the different forums (dental, pharmacy, allopathic). You aren't here as a prospective pharmacy student, you're here as a bully. Please do not discount all the hard work each Touro applicant, student and graduate has had to do to get where they are today. It is extremely rude. Your saying that this school is begging for student is incorrect and has no subsequent information to back it. Please stop making false accusations.
Thanks.

Last edited:
They are not desperate for students and are actively turning students down. Their acceptance rate is 15% of applicants. Your insinuating that they are poaching students is rude and caustic as many students have worked very hard to meet their requirements for admission in addition to their grueling interview process. I've seen you trolling the different forums (dental, pharmacy, allopathic). You aren't here as a prospective pharmacy student, you're here as a bully. Please do not discount all the hard work each Touro applicant, student and graduate has had to do to get where they are today. It is extremely rude. Your saying that this school is begging for student is incorrect and has no subsequent information to back it. Please stop making false accusations.
Thanks.
You seem frustrated with the language you are using. If you don't agree or like what I said just agnore it and move along. No need to use such language with me. You do pharmacy, dental, whatever u please or go to any school you chose to.
I still stand with what I said, everyone has the right the say what they want to. Go do your research about the schools yourself. You don't need to worry about what I say or don't say about a school.

hey guys, I applied through pharmcas pretty late this year, But I got an interview invite to touro for the 28th of April. any advice or questions to expect? thanks and congrats to all who got accepted!!