2016 Touro NY c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys, I applied through pharmcas pretty late this year, But I got an interview invite to touro for the 28th of April. any advice or questions to expect? thanks and congrats to all who got accepted!!
Hi greenx098. I interviewed in November, and got in. I can answer questions if you'd like. Feel free to reach out to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi greenx098. I interviewed in November, and got in. I can answer questions if you'd like. Feel free to reach out to me.

What PCAT GPA for those who get interview > accepted here? Do you guys all have bachelors and why did you get bachelors for pharmacy

Members don't see this ad :)
no apply here no bachelors , how students feel about living in metropolis ghetto here? doesn't feel like campus, building office more like it

Hi future pharmacists!

I just want to give a little warning about what is going on in this school for you. Recently, we have had a new dean from LIU and this person is changing many things that have been great for us. But before I begin, I want to let you know that I have already graduated from this school this Wednesday (5/25/16).

This will no longer become a 2 + 2 program. There will be 2.5 years of didactic schoolwork and 1.5 year of experiential rotations. If you were accepted to this school, I would recommend contacting them immediately.

The dean has no intention of notifying the incoming students anytime soon. As a student who graduated from here, I feel disgusted that this person is being very unprofessional and not communicating effectively with the students. An email was sent to P1 and P2 students notifying them that their P3 Fall semester will no longer have experiential rotations. What is even more messed up was that this email was sent on the last day of finals for the P1 and P2s at 5/24/2016 at 4:27 PM (P1s finshed their finals at 12 pm and P2s finished their finals at 3 pm) . This means that not even a single face to face announcement/town hall was given prior to this email from the Dean.

What do I get out of this even though I graduated? I find this to be very shady and unprofessional for a Dean like this to not notify students about the drastic changes that are going on in this school. What's even more unsettling is the fact that you were lied to during your interview about how this school is still a 2 + 2 program. If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey is anyone still on the reserve list? I'm starting to lose hope about my chances of getting accepted

Hi everyone! I'm sorry to bother you all, but could you also give me thoughts on my chances (if there are any)? I will receive a BS in Biology from the University of Wisconsin in May and here are my stats:

Cumulative GPA: 2.70
Science GPA: 2.21
Math GPA: 3.0
Non-Science GPA: 3.22

PCAT Composite: 93
Verbal Ability: 91
Biology: 92
Reading Comprehension: 90
Quantitative Ability: 85
Chemistry: 85

I also have worked 30-40 hours per week every semester of college (hence the terrible grades) and have work experience in both retail and hospital pharmacy. Additionally, I was involved in two research labs (in biomolecular chemistry and pharmaceutical sciences), and have significant volunteering and extracurricular experience. I'm hoping my scores on the PCAT and my other relevant experiences will at least make schools look at me, but my GPA stats are SO SO bad that I'm really worried... I know there are many messages saying that they are fishing for applicants and that they will accept everyone, but given my low GPA, I'm not so sure that applies to me...

Thanks guys! And congratulations to everyone that has received interviews and/or has been accepted. Reading how kind everyone is on this thread has made me really happy :)
Did you get in?

Hi guys, I have an interview at Touro on Jan 26th. Those who got accepted or who had their interviews already, can you share what questions they ask during the interview? Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, I have an interview at Touro on Jan 26th. Those who got accepted or who had their interviews already, can you share what questions they ask during the interview? Thanks in advance!
If I were you, I would choose another school. TCOP is way to expensive

did you get accepted?

Guys who is attending or attended Touro pharmacy school, how is this school in terms of education, graduation rate, licensing exam pass rate and job market? I got accepted here and planning to attend for fall 2017. Please let me know your feedback. Thanks in advance...

I was the girl with glasses. Did you get accepted at Touro?

yes i did. but i am interviewing with my top choices so i might not come. I was the tall african american girl!

Oh I recognized you. Good luck on your interview!! Which one is your top choice btw?