Touro College of Dental Medicine - New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is not true at all, but alright.
GjYjLvGErsggg.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
If your DAT is 20 and above you will get accepted. If it is below 20 you will get multiple interviews but be waitllisted immediately. Do us all a favor and don't even waste your time applying If your DAT is below 20. Good luck mates
Are you serious with these posts? What?

Reactions: 3 users
If your DAT is 20 and above you will get accepted. If it is below 20 you will get multiple interviews but be waitllisted immediately. Do us all a favor and don't even waste your time applying If your DAT is below 20. Good luck mates
And there it is again. If you're wondering why people are "attacking" you, it's because you say nonsense like this.
You have no idea what you are talking about, so stop.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure Touro is open on Memorial Day Weekend.

Anyway, I think freddent is just frustrated of all the application process, so let's cut him some slack.

Still, freddent, I notice that you make a lot of "statements" out of your assumptions. Regardless of being right or wrong, it is a dangerous habit in healthcare practice. Giving patients false hope or unnecessary worry will come back and bite you.... whether you are a dentist or an assistant. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G930T using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Please post pictures of the school once classes start. I would like to see the final result. It was a nice facility and they had great plans.

So quiet today, guess some of u guys are busy with the application… just wondering is there any chance that we can access the portal 2016?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

I totally agree with you :) but I would say DAT below 18.
When I see people applying to dental school with score 17 lmao. You can guess everything and still can get 15.
I am trying to help other applicants. Just retake DAT if you have below 20. If you can't do it, you are not smart enough to study in dental school.
Please don't get mad because you don't want to retake DAT again but want to get in with low DAT score.

When I see people applying to dental school with score 17 lmao. You can guess everything and still can get 15.
I am trying to help other applicants. Just retake DAT if you have below 20. If you can't do it, you are not smart enough to study in dental school.
Please don't get mad because you don't want to retake DAT again but want to get in with low DAT score.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know you are so proud of your DAT scores and are not shy about displaying it in public, but this has got to stop. There are people who get in with lower DAT than yours.
They must be doing something right. DAT can help you become more competitive, but it isn't everything.

In fact, I've seen more people with average DAT get into great schools and people with high DAT scores not getting into any, or schools that are not as good (including myself)

Lmaooo says who?

Lol how many schools did you get into again?? I personally know 2 people who got into different schools this cycle with an 18. I'll say it again, get over yourself!

u guys gonna make this thread over1.5k posts..just couple more hang in there!

I can't wait to see what c/o 2021 thread will look like. Unless there is another school that is opening this year, it's going to be just as exciting as this thread.

I'll probably retake my DAT again 24aa 24ts 22pat isn't enough for dental school.
I already started studying and aiming for 26aa

Lol you're hilarious dude. Your scores are through the roof, but you couldn't get accepted. So obviously you're doing great something wrong.
Quit giving out ridiculous advice based on merit less judgements.You literally just said that anyone under a 20AA is not smart enough for dental school.
Plenty got in with less than a 20AA, but you didn't. So they are doing something right, and you are not.

What time is it?
It's Reality-Check o'clock.

Lol you're hilarious dude. Your scores are through the roof, but you couldn't get accepted. So obviously you're doing great something wrong.
Quit giving out ridiculous advice based on merit less judgements.You literally just said that anyone under a 20AA is not smart enough for dental school.
Plenty got in with less than a 20AA, but you didn't. So they are doing something right, and you are not.

What time is it?
It's Reality-Check o'clock.

To be honest, if he's not trolling for fun, he's definitely not getting in this or next cycle with that kind of 'tude..

Prepare your applications for waitlist mates. C Ya ten yrs from now on waitlist

^We're doing this again?

I do think @MaDDT is bringing up an important point- something I've been wondering for a while is.....is 22 the new 20? It seems like every other SDNer has a 22+ on their DAT, and scores of 24 are very common.

I do think @MaDDT is bringing up an important point- something I've been wondering for a while is.....is 22 the new 20? It seems like every other SDNer has a 22+ on their DAT, and scores of 24 are very common.
No. SNDers are a strange breed.

I doubt it man, 20 is a good score. For those who score higher, that's awesome. I know of people who score way higher and are quite modest about it.
But what I think is happening is that people who score over 20 may be less hesitant to share their scores on SDN because like I mentioned, it's a great score. Those who score below a 20 might not want to be judged, and as a result MAY be more apprehensive about sharing their scores online. @JLT223 is right, we are a strange breed. Many of us are encouraging and positive. But there will be those that would be quick to judge and put someone down based on their scores (the premeds are even worse). That's the last thing applicants want to hear during this long stressful application process.
A 20AA as far as I know based on statistics I've read, is still AROUND 90th percentile. I think that's pretty darn good. It's still ABOUT the average score for enrollees. So if it seems that people are scoring higher and higher, there should still be enough enrollees under that score to keep the average at around 20AA.
But for someone to suggest that people who score below a 20AA is simply not smart enough to succeed in dental school, is just ridiculous. And as ridiculous as that is, someone with an 18AA or 19AA just doesn't want to see that, even if they know it's untrue.
I swear, when I was getting ready for my DATs and on the DAT forums, I would read all these awesome 22AA DAT BREAKDOWN threads. The 19AA threads were less common, even though the score itself is more common (from what I remember).

I doubt it man, 20 is a good score. For those who score higher, that's awesome. I know of people who score way higher and are quite modest about it.
But what I think is happening is that people who score over 20 may be less hesitant to share their scores on SDN because like I mentioned, it's a great score. Those who score below a 20 might not want to be judged, and as a result MAY be more apprehensive about sharing their scores online. @JLT223 is right, we are a strange breed. Many of us are encouraging and positive. But there will be those that would be quick to judge and put someone down based on their scores (the premeds are even worse). That's the last thing applicants want to hear during this long stressful application process.
A 20AA as far as I know based on statistics I've read, is still AROUND 90th percentile. I think that's pretty darn good. It's still ABOUT the average score for enrollees. So if it seems that people are scoring higher and higher, there should still be enough enrollees under that score to keep the average at around 20AA.
But for someone to suggest that people who score below a 20AA is simply not smart enough to succeed in dental school, is just ridiculous. And as ridiculous as that is, someone with an 18AA or 19AA just doesn't want to see that, even if they know it's untrue.
I swear, when I was getting ready for my DATs and on the DAT forums, I would read all these awesome 22AA DAT BREAKDOWN threads. The 19AA threads were less common, even though the score itself is more common (from what I remember).

I got 24 on the Chem portion of Canadian DAT...which is 99th percentile.
7 people got 27 and 2 people got 30. They're the only one's who got more than me.
Out of those 9, i swear i saw a few of them post here lol especially the one's with 27.
That in a nutshell explains sdn.

I got 24 on the Chem portion of Canadian DAT...which is 99th percentile.
7 people got 27 and 2 people got 30. They're the only one's who got more than me.
Out of those 9, i swear i saw a few of them post here lol especially the one's with 27.
That in a nutshell explains sdn.
how did u know the specific number of ppl? Ps 1500!!! MARK!

Rejections will be sent out in July for that's when they start their classes.

Or more likely, those who accept Touro were those who did not get admitted anywhere earlier in the cycle. So they are making a WL, and it probably wont move a lot due to that reason of everything being so late and the applicants using Touro as a last resort.

You can always withdraw from WL but then you will lose a year of school if they decided to pull you off the WL due to an irrational decision.

Guys, just calm down, smoke some weed, take some shots and eat a Snicker Bar, you're not yourself when you're thinking about dental schools

On the subject of Touro, I guess it's pretty much over. Kinda funny how their 1st wait-list were essentially soft-rejections. Should've send out a rejection email then instead of giving people false hopes and wasting their times.

Well, to those who got in. Congrats! Enjoy your new education that many of us here are still clamoring for.

For the rest of us who are still playing this game, the next app cycle is coming up, so let's get ready for it. It's not over til you say it's over!

Hi guys, I was one of the people who did not hear anything for a while then got waitlisted recently. I just got accepted today around 11AM. Just thought I'd share since I know people like the info!

Hi guys, I was one of the people who did not hear anything for a while then got waitlisted recently. I just got accepted today around 11AM. Just thought I'd share since I know people like the info!
Congratulations!! I am happy for you

Congrats!!!!

Do you mind sharing your stats (DAT and GPA)? There is no info on Touro since it's new and I would like to know the probability of me getting in with my current stat.

This proves my point that those who recently got waitlisted have a Better chance of getting off the waitlist than those who were waitllisted weeks ago. Like I said I'm always right

This proves my point that those who recently got waitlisted have a Better chance of getting off the waitlist than those who were waitllisted weeks ago. Like I said I'm always right
You've literally said this 50 times already

Reactions: 5 users

I am sure you are excited. Now start working on that financial aid and apartment hunting. Join the facebook group to look for a room or rooomate. good luck