Touro - Cali 2009 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received my supplemental yesterday! Are there many seats available at Touro?

Members don't see this ad.

So who will be e-mailing Mr. Davis this week!?! Anyone else super nervous? :idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
i got placed on high alternate...blah...i forgot..did Mr. Davis say that there was a ranking with high alternates, or do they look at your application again when that time comes?

did you send mr. davis an email or did they email you?

Yay! Congratulations to new acceptances! :)

Adcoms are meeting today and decisions will be mailed out on Friday.

so are you going to submit the $2000 deposit or wait out UCSD and USC's interviews first?

Last edited:
First post!

I just found out I got in! Mr.Davis sent an email earlier today. I believe he was waiting for letters of acceptance to be sent out before sending unofficial interview results.

I interviewed on the 15th. I definitely recommend those who are interviewing to refer to the interview feedback section of SDN. IMO the interview process was positive. They where very organized and candid about who/what they where looking for. The group interview went well, just make sure you practice active listening when other's respond. I think the interviewers pay attention to things like that.

Thanks everyone on this forum, it has been a great resource!

so are you going to submit the $2000 deposit or wait out UCSD and USC's interviews first?

I am going to have to submit the $2000. UCSD and USC's response time won't be fast enough for when the two weeks are over. UCSD said their response will start coming in the first week of March...and USC is usually 3-4 weeks...so definitely not enough time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the e-mail today too...accepted! I interviewed the 8th! :D

I am going to have to submit the $2000. UCSD and USC's response time won't be fast enough for when the two weeks are over. UCSD said their response will start coming in the first week of March...and USC is usually 3-4 weeks...so definitely not enough time.

Good plan. You can never be too sure! A lot of my friends told me to wait it out and not pay the $2000, but if I hadn't I would currently have no place to go. $2000 is a small price to pay if you assume wrong about UCSD and USC!!!

Good plan. You can never be too sure! A lot of my friends told me to wait it out and not pay the $2000, but if I hadn't I would currently have no place to go. $2000 is a small price to pay if you assume wrong about UCSD and USC!!!

what i meant was pay the deposit at the very last moment, just in case you hear any news about other schools which are your top choice.

for those who got accepted, did you guys send him an email or he sent u an acceptance email? thanks

what i meant was pay the deposit at the very last moment, just in case you hear any news about other schools which are your top choice.

I won't be able to have enough time to hear from my top choices by the time Touro wants to collect the deposit. So I might as well guarantee my spot.

for those who got accepted, did you guys send him an email or he sent u an acceptance email? thanks

I sent an email initially asking about my admission status, and he sent an acceptance email back.

I interviewed on the 9th too and I got placed on high alternate. Does anyone know how that works by any chance? Anyone know how many people actually get off the waitlist, I think Mr. Davis might have gave out a figure during the interview but I don't quite recall.

Thanks!

I interviewed on the 9th too and I got placed on high alternate. Does anyone know how that works by any chance? Anyone know how many people actually get off the waitlist, I think Mr. Davis might have gave out a figure during the interview but I don't quite recall.

Thanks!

with high alternate, I'm pretty sure you will get in. Good Luck.

with high alternate, I'm pretty sure you will get in. Good Luck.

I agree, I remember he said that high alternate folks have a really good chance. Your chances will continue to go up too as people begin to find out from other places!

congrats luckyyash! i was at ur interview day too...what interview group were u in???

Thanks!

From previous years, high alternates had a very good chance of acceptance. However, the results may be different this year as you will be the first class entering Touro as an accredited school...meaning more accepted students may not give up their seats. But personally, I still think high alternates still have a very good chance :thumbup:

i think i was in the other room, because i had a male and female, are u from ucla?

Just checked my email... Acceptance! Now the 2000 dollars deposit... Ive just interviewed at USC on Jan 24th here and they say it will take 4 weeks for me to receive their answer...

Do you guys know that they have every two different profs for each interview date? I am going to have an interview on 29 so I am so worried about it . Thanks

From previous years, high alternates had a very good chance of acceptance. However, the results may be different this year as you will be the first class entering Touro as an accredited school...meaning more accepted students may not give up their seats. But personally, I still think high alternates still have a very good chance :thumbup:

If you are on the high alternate list, your chances of getting accepted is higher if you live in the bay area near the school. If you check out last year's postings you see that people who got pulled off the alternate list towards the beginning of orientation (early Aug) all live in northern california.

Just checked my email... Acceptance! Now the 2000 dollars deposit... Ive just interviewed at USC on Jan 24th here and they say it will take 4 weeks for me to receive their answer...
did you not pay the UOP deposit for security?

Hey Guys!
I have my interview this Thursday the 29th and I am a little nervous about the group interview. I have never had a group interview before, can someone explain how they do this? Are all the applicants in the same room interviewing, all at the same time?
Is the writing sample hard?
Thanks

Hey Guys!
I have my interview this Thursday the 29th and I am a little nervous about the group interview. I have never had a group interview before, can someone explain how they do this? Are all the applicants in the same room interviewing, all at the same time?
Is the writing sample hard?
Thanks

Dont worry about the group interview, it should work in your favor. You basically interview with other 4 or 5 applicants in the same room at the same time.
Basically the interviewers (usually 3-4) will each ask a question and each applicant will answer that question. When all of the applicants answer the first round of question, they will each ask you a 2nd round of questions. If you know the answer, you can go ahead and answer the question first. If you dont know the asnwer, listen to what others say and you can use some of their ideas and rephrase/add to it to make it a better answer. GL.

If you are on the high alternate list, your chances of getting accepted is higher if you live in the bay area near the school. If you check out last year's postings you see that people who got pulled off the alternate list towards the beginning of orientation (early Aug) all live in northern california.

One's location has absolutely nothing to do with chances of being pulled from the waitlist--you're incorrect. What you speak of is mere coincidence.

I found out today I got accepted to Touro. I will likely decline it since I got accepted somewhere else. One more seat for you guys. :)

I found out today I got accepted to Touro. I will likely decline it since I got accepted somewhere else. One more seat for you guys. :)

Which school do you choose over Touro btw?

matt 48: you have an acceptance to UOP? COngrats!!!... do you plan on attending that school over Touro?

matt 48: you have an acceptance to UOP? COngrats!!!... do you plan on attending that school over Touro?

I'm still deciding which school to go to atm... I'll probably choose UOP if I dont get accepted into UCSF.
Btw, are you one of the 10 people who came to the interview on jan 9th RXFanatic?

Last edited:
Classes prior to and including 2012: When did you seak a place to live and through what methods did you do so for your fresh year?

I think orientation will be around Aug. 1st for the class of 2013 and I'm wondering when to start looking for places to live. I talked to a few people who live on the island, and a few who live in the Valley-Joe/Benecia areas but have yet to get any solid advice on when and where to live.

I'm told since the V filed for chapter 11 recently it's pretty affordable...any thoughts?

One's location has absolutely nothing to do with chances of being pulled from the waitlist--you're incorrect. What you speak of is mere coincidence.

Why don't you ask Mr. Davis yourself? Ask him how does he choose applicants for orientation fill-ins. You're not on the committee, who are you to tell me that my information is wrong.

You seem to always reject other people's opinions, thoughts, concerns, and facts without anything to back it up. You have no credibility and I have read enough of your comments to say to you "just because you say so doesn't make it true." You also seem to have a very narrow view on things which reveals your limited life experiences. When you get into pharm school there's going to be a lot group work, and I can tell you already that you're not very pleasurable to work with. So grow up kid.

Why don't you ask Mr. Davis yourself? Ask him how does he choose applicants for orientation fill-ins. You're not on the committee, who are you to tell me that my information is wrong.

You seem to always reject other people's opinions, thoughts, concerns, and facts without anything to back it up. You have no credibility and I have read enough of your comments to say to you "just because you say so doesn't make it true." You also seem to have a very narrow view on things which reveals your limited life experiences. When you get into pharm school there's going to be a lot group work, and I can tell you already that you're not very pleasurable to work with. So grow up kid.

Pharmboy316, trust me: the residence of an applicant has no affect on his/her acceptance rate off of a waitlist (especially within the state of California). While waitlisted applicants have no idea of their "rank" on a waitlist, you had better believe they are ranked to the admissions officials. What humors me most is that Mr. Davis himself reads this forum and right now he is agreeing with me--Ouch.

Once again, what you have pointed out is mere coincidence--yes I actually listened to the faculty who spoke during the day of the interview. "When I get into pharmschool"...If you read back a few pages, I'm already accepted to pharm school, at the very school this topic resides in--amongst a few additional schools as well. I am very pleasurable to work with, and while I still like to consider myself as a 'kid', I laugh at your ignorance. I wish you the best in the future.

Last edited:
Classes prior to and including 2012: When did you seak a place to live and through what methods did you do so for your fresh year?

I think orientation will be around Aug. 1st for the class of 2013 and I'm wondering when to start looking for places to live. I talked to a few people who live on the island, and a few who live in the Valley-Joe/Benecia areas but have yet to get any solid advice on when and where to live.

I'm told since the V filed for chapter 11 recently it's pretty affordable...any thoughts?

What are your reasons for choosing touro over usc? When did you hear from them? Thanks

What are your reasons for choosing touro over usc? When did you hear from them? Thanks

My reasoning: Touro is semi-close to home, but more importantly... I am sick of the pressure of tests, midterms, finals, etc...and am ready to start applying myself as a professional which makes the 2+2 program admirable. Lets face it: you can't learn how to be a pharmacist/learn to do anything in a textbook so why not get the curriculum out of the way at an accelerated rate and get into practice? Put some pills into my hand, let me face the irate customers, let me f*** up those first few times, and let me learn to give back to to those in need, right now.

USC is more expensive (I'm broke after 5 years at a UC) and is a "paradise" surrounded by a ghetto--I was born 10 minutes from Compton and have since thrown all of my baseball bats away. To answer your last question: I heard from Touro in October. Yet another reason I chose them, they are on the ball.

My reasoning: Touro is semi-close to home, but more importantly... I am sick of the pressure of tests, midterms, finals, etc...and am ready to start applying myself as a professional which makes the 2+2 program admirable. Lets face it: you can't learn how to be a pharmacist/learn to do anything in a textbook so why not get the curriculum out of the way at an accelerated rate and get into practice? Put some pills into my hand, let me face the irate customers, let me f*** up those first few times, and let me learn to give back to to those in need, right now.

USC is more expensive (I'm broke after 5 years at a UC) and is a "paradise" surrounded by a ghetto--I was born 10 minutes from Compton and have since thrown all of my baseball bats away. To answer your last question: I heard from Touro in October. Yet another reason I chose them, they are on the ball.

Touro is actually more expensive than USC (tuition wise) according to the AACP website:

http://www.aacp.org/Docs/MainNavigation/InstitutionalData/9343_PSARTable11.pdf

Unfortunatley for your argument, the cost of living in bankrupt Vallejo is far less than Southern California.

Only if you can find housing with roommates in Vallejo. USC has dorms for $550/month which isn't too bad.

Unfortunatley for your argument, the cost of living in bankrupt Vallejo is far less than Southern California.

During the financial aid presentation I specifically remember that the lady pointed out that tuition for USC is 18,000 and Touro's was 16,612.50. But I have heard people say that Touro was more expensive as well.

And also, props to you Calisoca for not just choosing SC over Touro just b/c it's SC. It seems you've made a thorough consideration and I think it's admirable.

USC's pharm school is not located where the rest of the school is. It is on the health sciences campus. I'd say it's surroundings are "less ghetto." And I think Vallejo is really ghetto. (totally subjective of course.)

i think that vallejo is ghetto too...but the program is still great. Granted, they just started about 4 yrs ago...but now there is competetion to actually get in now that they will soon be accredidated.. I admire you for your decision as well! Congratulations!

How long does it normally take for me to receive a confirmation postcard from them? I thought it usually doesn't take that long. Hmm, I mailed my supplemental app on 1/17 (Sat), so they should receive mine on 1/20 (Tues) after the holiday weekend. Since I see that many of you have just heard your admissions decisions, so maybe they are swarmed right now and won't get to my app at this time.

How long does it normally take for me to receive a confirmation postcard from them? I thought it usually doesn't take that long. Hmm, I mailed my supplemental app on 1/17 (Sat), so they should receive mine on 1/20 (Tues) after the holiday weekend. Since I see that many of you have just heard your admissions decisions, so maybe they are swarmed right now and won't get to my app at this time.

It still shouldn't take that long. My roomate submitted his supplemental on Monday 1/19 and received his postcard saying his file was complete the same week (Sat 1/24). I think they are pretty efficient over there. Good luck.