Touro - Cali 2009 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think my interview at Touro was the most relaxing and easygoing one. They really don't ask too many questions (since they are interviewing 5-6 people at a time and give an opportunity for each to answer) and the questions they ask are quite general and straightforward. Also, since it's a group interview, you can always wait and see how others answer first if you need the extra time to think of an answer.

I'm from San Francisco so I drove to my interview. But I know some of the interviewees who took the Marriot hotel/shuttle package seemed pretty satisfied with the option. Otherwise, I heard there are also other hotels in the area if you're willing to call around.

Good luck!

thanks really appreciate that. Hopefully I will be successful like you!

Members don't see this ad.

thanks. That was one of my major concerns. Marriot is indeed very expensive. Did they arrange for the guests to be taken down to TU like Marriot or did you have to rent a car to go to TU on the interview day? If you rented, which is the nearest one?

the marriot was a lot more expensive.

i stayed at the Ramada Inn (on admiral callahan way. there are a lot of food places in that general complex where you can walk to and eat. They seriously have everything in that area in case you forgot something..

they also have wireless internet connection. The drive to the university is like a couple minutes longer from the marriot. Actually, when you drive to the campus, you pass the marriot...so you pretty much take the same route becuase you have to drive onto mare island

thanks. That was one of my major concerns. Marriot is indeed very expensive. Did they arrange for the guests to be taken down to TU like Marriot or did you have to rent a car to go to TU on the interview day? If you rented, which is the nearest one?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who submitted a supplemental application with no interview been rejected yet, or do they wait until March/April to send those out?

My best friend applied to Touro same time I did, and she received her rejection for an interview about two weeks ago. I don't think they wait until April/May to send out rejections after submitting the supplemental.

i actually xdrove my car from SOCAL.

but, you can call the ramada and ask ... or take a cab

My best friend applied to Touro same time I did, and she received her rejection for an interview about two weeks ago. I don't think they wait until April/May to send out rejections after submitting the supplemental.

Was she rejected because she didn't have a bachelor's degree?

No, she has her Bachelor's degree. I think she got denied because her overall science GPA was around 2.8 and she has no pharmacy experience to counterbalance the low GPA.

yeah~~, i just got a postcard saying my file is complete....they received my sup app on 1/30....
I wonder when will the last batch of interview invites gonna be send out?

I am so scared guys. Every one in my interview group is so great. I feel bad about myself. Soooooo much scared now.

I didn't know Touro does this. There is still hope for me then. I sent in my supp back in October I think and I haven't heard anything back. Hopefully they are waiting for my AU. Thanks for the info.

I am so scared guys. Every one in my interview group is so great. I feel bad about myself. Soooooo much scared now.
\

Nah, no worries. That's exactly how I felt and it worked out fine in the end.

is it too late to turn in a supplemental?

I was invited to do so a while ago... but i keep debating whether or not i wanna turn it in. I had called Touro but the person on the phone didn't give me any date or other info.

I was wondering if anyone from the early February interviews remembered what day we can email Mr. Davis regarding our acceptance? I think he said the 20th, but I just wanted to verify. I was just going to wait for my letter to be mailed, but I don't think I can wait one more day to find out! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if anyone from the early February interviews remembered what day we can email Mr. Davis regarding our acceptance? I think he said the 20th, but I just wanted to verify. I was just going to wait for my letter to be mailed, but I don't think I can wait one more day to find out! :)

Yea. I guess after 18 because on 18 there is a meeting.

How long does it take for the school to let you know if you have qualified to fill out the supplemental application. My PharmCAS was submitted on Jan 12 and mailed on Jan 22. I have not heard anything from them at all. I am just curious because I have other interviews already scheduled

How long does it take for the school to let you know if you have qualified to fill out the supplemental application. My PharmCAS was submitted on Jan 12 and mailed on Jan 22. I have not heard anything from them at all. I am just curious because I have other interviews already scheduled

I am not completely sure how they decide when to give out supplementals. I sent in my applciation through PharmCAS around October 28th, received the supplemental application around January 2nd, and then received an invite to interview around the end of January (actual interview was Feb. 5th). There was a good 5-6 week gap between turning in my app. through PharmCAS and getting the supplemental so you will probably hear something from Touro very soon.

is it too late to turn in a supplemental?

I was invited to do so a while ago... but i keep debating whether or not i wanna turn it in. I had called Touro but the person on the phone didn't give me any date or other info.
yeah, it is too late

yeah, it is too late

No it's not too late to turn in your supplemental. Haleyzx, don't give people the wrong facts without investigation first. You have until April 1st, 2009 to submit your supplemental along with your supplemental fee.

http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schooltouropage.htm

And if you don't trust PharmCAS, you could always give Touro a call to find out if they are still accepting supplementals. It's always better to be proactive about your application than passive.

I emailed Mr. Davis today and I got in!!!! I am so excited that I will be attending Touro starting this August....only 4 more years until I am a pharmacist!! :)

Is Touro doing interviews every Friday? Or are interviews only two times a month? I was just wondering I'm one of the waitlist hoping for a spot.

I emailed Mr. Davis today and I got in!!!! I am so excited that I will be attending Touro starting this August....only 4 more years until I am a pharmacist!! :)

Hi sprinkle, do you live in Fremont? Bay area?? I live very close to you, maybe we can carpool if we go to Touro :),

Hi sprinkle, do you live in Fremont? Bay area?? I live very close to you, maybe we can carpool if we go to Touro :),

Yep, I live in Fremont in the north end, next to Northgate park if you know where that's at. I am actually thinking about getting a place with my boyfriend out on Mare Island, but if that doesn't work out, I would totally be down to carpool. What part of Fremont do you live?

woot, a lot of Fremont student here.

I just turned down my spot. Good luck to the rest of you!

i interviewed this past thurs on the 19th. i believe they said theyll be interviewing through may, but at those dates you might be fighting for one spot.

Is anyone else who got into Touro getting these emails about the COP basketball team owning the COM basketball team? Just curious. :p

Any new news latley of people getting in? Or declining acceptance so those of us on the waitlist have a little better chance?

Waiting sucks!

Is there anyone still waiting to get an interview invite after submitting the supplemental app? I submitted mine around 1/20 (forgot the exact date) and the confirmation postcard within the first couple of days in February. I know they are still interviewing people because the deadline for the supplemental is in April.

Is there anyone still waiting to get an interview invite after submitting the supplemental app? I submitted mine around 1/20 (forgot the exact date) and the confirmation postcard within the first couple of days in February. I know they are still interviewing people because the deadline for the supplemental is in April.

same, i submitted my supplemental app on 1/25, and all i got was a postcard. i am probably gonna decline the interview if i got one though.

same, i submitted my supplemental app on 1/25, and all i got was a postcard. i am probably gonna decline the interview if i got one though.

Did you already get an acceptance at another school?

Did anyone got an interview on feb. 19, 09?? When will they let us know we are accepted or not? it is this friday 3/6???

I interviewed on 2/26. During the interview process, Mr. Davis said that adcom would meet 03/04 and the results would be mailed out 03/06.

If you interviewed earlier than me and haven't heard anything yet, maybe you should email [email protected] and find out what happened to your decision. Good luck.

I interviewed on 2/26. During the interview process, Mr. Davis said that adcom would meet 03/04 and the results would be mailed out 03/06.

If you interviewed earlier than me and haven't heard anything yet, maybe you should email [email protected] and find out what happened to your decision. Good luck.
They told me the same thing too. That they will mail the result on friday 3/6/09. I don't want to wait for next week to know my result, do you think I can find my result earlier by e-mailing [email protected]

They told me the same thing too. That they will mail the result on friday 3/6/09. I don't want to wait for next week to know my result, do you think I can find my result earlier by e-mailing [email protected]

You can email Mr. Davis on the Friday they mail it out (I am assuming tomorrow because that's the date everyone seems to be agreeing on) and he will respond whether or not you got in. I think I sent my email at like 1 or 2 AM on Friday morning and Mr. Davis replied back to me at like ~10 AM.

You can email Mr. Davis on the Friday they mail it out (I am assuming tomorrow because that's the date everyone seems to be agreeing on) and he will respond whether or not you got in. I think I sent my email at like 1 or 2 AM on Friday morning and Mr. Davis replied back to me at like ~10 AM.
Did you get in?

Hey guys, I emailed Mr. Davis about my admission status and I got a response today. I got into Touro!! whooohoo! :D He said I should be getting the formal letter acceptance in the mail soon. Good luck, guys!

Hey guys, I emailed Mr. Davis about my admission status and I got a response today. I got into Touro!! whooohoo! :D He said I should be getting the formal letter acceptance in the mail soon. Good luck, guys!

Congrats DonutLove!

Congrat! I e-mail him today at the same time as you and no response. I sense bad new.

How many more interviews is Touro going to have? Anyone know?

Hey Tynee, I guess you and I are in the same boat for Touro AND Western eh?

I, too, would like to know if there are going to be more interviews, and if i have a shot....

I'd love to not have to go through this whole applying process again next year! Im getting too old for this!

Last edited:
For the guys who finished their supp. late, i turned mine in on the last day FEB. 2nd, and i got an interview invite roughly a week ago via e-mail, my interview is scheduled for may 9th (i think, its the first fri in may), they said they had only two dates available and those were thur/fri in May, Im not saying their done sending invites but its close to that time. I'll be turning mine down so maybe they'll be sending some more out. Good Luck to those waiting and congrats to those accepted.

The last interview date is going to be May 8th the second friday in May. hopefully there is plenty of spots for people on the waitlist.

do studnets that are on the high alternate have a good chance of getting in?

do studnets that are on the high alternate have a good chance of getting in?

I interviewed on 2/27 and Steve Davis said students on the high tier waiting list have a decent chance, if that's any comfort. I got my acceptance e-mail on Friday! Whew, I don't know about anyone else, but I way more nervous after the interview than before! Now comes the fun part of looking for housing. :/

did he say how many poeple roughly are on the "high alternate list"?