top 5 university and admission deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apollo18

Reaction score
i am looking to apply for jan 2021 for the top 5 but why is it so hard to find admission deadlines

anyone know the last dsay u can apply?
thx

Members don't see this ad.

Because they all have rolling admissions and if accepted will take you, up until about 2/3 weeks before the start of the semester or offer you a seat in the following semester's class.

Reactions: 1 user
Because they all have rolling admissions and if accepted will take you, up until about 2/3 weeks before the start of the semester or offer you a seat in the following semester's class.
Gothca, thank you. Do you think for any of the top 5 schools that if you apply before the 'deadline' as in 2 weeks before the semester begins that they would maybe be more chill about requirements (as in gpa, mcat, etc) cuz maybe they have empty seats and it doesn't hurt to fill them up?

or is that a fairytale and the admission requirements are always consistent no matter what day of the week it is aha

Members don't see this ad :)
Gothca, thank you. Do you think for any of the top 5 schools that if you apply before the 'deadline' as in 2 weeks before the semester begins that they would maybe be more chill about requirements (as in gpa, mcat, etc) cuz maybe they have empty seats and it doesn't hurt to fill them up?

or is that a fairytale and the admission requirements are always consistent no matter what day of the week it is aha
You shouldn't really apply this late for jan 2021 not because you wont get in, but because of the headaches and **** you have to do before moving to the island. You need to get your immunizations up to date, get some notaries signed, get your visa packet in, etc. If you don't take care of most of it here in the US, you're gonna have to spend time on the island to get it sorted out and that takes time from your actual studying time. Not to mention, if you're trying to get your paperwork done down there, it's incredibly more expensive there than in the USA/canada. I mean it's up to you tho. Also, if your stats arent the best, you might be put in their "mini" med school program where if you pass it, you'll be able to move into the main program the following semester and if you dont, you dont get in.

I looked at your past post history and you've been contemplating this since like march 2020. What have you been doing the past 8-9 months. I also noticed that you're from canada. A lot of other users and myself have posted in the past why it's not a good idea for you specifically to go to the caribbeans. A student with a 2.7 gpa doesn't turn into a 3.8+ gpa student in med school overnight. You have to take a step back and ask what changes have you made so you don't repeat the same mistake in med school and fail out. Especially that Caribbean schools are known for their high attrition rate. You gotta be realistic with yourself because with your gpa, you are at risk of not passing the first semester.

I don't want to sound rude but if you are worried about getting accepted into a carib school than I would probably think twice about going as the reqs are low as it is. I don't think it's any easier or harder to get in towards the deadline but if you do have very low stats there's a good chance they will make you do their foundations/MERP program prior to giving full acceptance.

thank you for the reply! i am actually planning to write the mcat but if i could get in without the mcat that would be great that was my only worry. i know once i write the mcat i don't see it being a problem getting in as long as my score is good which it will be. ive been studying for months! if i can get in without mcat that would br g8 just makes life easier ahah

thank you for the reply! i am actually planning to write the mcat but if i could get in without the mcat that would be great that was my only worry. i know once i write the mcat i don't see it being a problem getting in as long as my score is good which it will be. ive been studying for months! if i can get in without mcat that would br g8 just makes life easier ahah
Do not pass go, do not collect $200, do not apply caribbean without taking the MCAT

agreed with gambino. why would you even apply to med school without taking the mcat... what if you do well on it, you can get into a US MD or DO if you raise your gpa above a 3.0 and shoot your shot. There are some med schools in the US that'll take canadians. If you don't get in, then do a post bac/SMP to raise your gpa to get into a US MD/DO program. you said your grandparents have a big amount of cash for you that they can fund your medical education, why not use that towards a postbac/SMP which is probably around 30-50k. Sure you'd be left with 50k less for med school tuition, but at that point, just take a loan for 50k to make up for it. 50k is such a small compared to what other students have to take out(200k+) and 350k+ at caribbeans. Keep in mind, some postbac/SMP programs will require a mcat.

In this time, why don't you focus on fixing your application and actually applying the right way before you have any thoughts about going down to the caribbeans. With your current academic track record, it's really hard to convince that you'll do well in the caribbeans. Do you have any med school extracurriculars yet?