Top 10 EMS Related Research Articles per Dr. Bledsoe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

COMedic2Doc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today, while sitting through my Paramedic Refresher one of the speakers presented the following article which was written by Dr. Bledsoe (a D.O. who is an EM Physician in TX and national speaker, and is also a member of Street Medicine Society, a group dedicated to Physicians who started off working the streets as EMTs and Paramedics). Here's the link:

http://www.jems.com/news_and_articles/columns/Bledsoe/bledsoe_top_10_ems_studies.html

There are some interesting studies here and some that are comical as well. So, what's your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

That's really interesting. Thanks for posting that!

1) I find it very interesting that no one in the US has repeated the study on D10 v. D50. I think many of us would be surprised if we actually looked at how many complications occurred from giving D50!

2) I thought the study on prayer was interesting, but why did they not have a control group that did not receive prayer at all and were not told that, and/or did not receive prayer and WERE told that?

Nate.

That's really interesting. Thanks for posting that!

1) I find it very interesting that no one in the US has repeated the study on D10 v. D50. I think many of us would be surprised if we actually looked at how many complications occurred from giving D50!

2) I thought the study on prayer was interesting, but why did they not have a control group that did not receive prayer at all and were not told that, and/or did not receive prayer and WERE told that?

Nate.
Yeah, when I got this yesterday in class I found it really interesting about the study on D-50. C-Spine I already knew about as we have C-Spine Clearance here. I tried to find another study that we talked about as well that talked about the Airway Study that we recently did here in the Denver area.