Too late to apply to Atlantic Bridge?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

annierose

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it too late for me to apply to the 4 year programs in Ireland? I am from NY.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you planning on telling the ABP a reason for why your application is late at some point?

Why would that matter? Just trying to get an idea of the timeline and whether I can still apply for this cycle or if it's better to wait until next.

Members don't see this ad :)
review process has already started, it would be better to wait until next cycle

Why would that matter? Just trying to get an idea of the timeline and whether I can still apply for this cycle or if it's better to wait until next.

Whether you can still apply for this cycle or not depends on your reasoning for a late application that you would present to the Atlantic Bridge Program, IMO.

This time of year is when applicants find out their interview decisions and/or receive the last of their interview invites. Therefore, a lot of students would be applying now to Irish medical schools as a fallback. Putting Irish medical schools into plan B and sending a late application to the ABP will not help you. You're also competing against Canadians with better stats. Usually, Americans go DO or to the Caribbean before going to Ireland.

Anyhow, I snuck a screenshot of one of my allopathic interview invitations into my first contacts with the ABP in September prior to my application submission (before the deadline) assuming what I described, above. I'm an American, too. The more you read this forum, the more you'll see that its mostly Canadians going to Ireland. Good luck.

Last edited: