Toledo vs Wright

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seol

Reaction score
I just got accepted off the waitlist by both of these schools on the same day! I am pretty torn between the two. On the one hand, Wright is closer to me (i am from Cincy) and I like their peer instruction but I think Toledo might be the overall better school, especially with its sim center ad attached hospital

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You might consider factoring in your specialty of interest in your decision, especially if you are hoping to pursue a competitive one.

Both schools have certain home residency programs that the other doesn't. Dermatology and Plastic Surgery are typically competitive specialties for which Wright State hosts residencies. On the other hand, Toledo has a home Urology program. An attached hospital is somewhat overrated as a factor unless you really don't like driving to rotation sites.

If all else like student life/curriculum/grading are equal to you, choose the school that will best prepare you for the type of career you want (i.e. consider their match lists and home residency programs).

If you still can't decide after that just go with the cheaper or closer option.

Reactions: 1 users