To all you lurkers out there

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I bet Andy fights like a girl. :smuggrin:

N-T DO, I think there are lots of folks hanging around here who belong to other fields but wish to hang with us, which is cool. If this forum has truly swayed anyone into pursuing path as a career, I would by highly skeptical of such claims. Perhaps they read things and decide to consider it, but I would suspect that anyone who decides to end up pursuing path would have made that decision without our help.

I think we are relatively powerless here! Hopefully though we provide support to people who either 1) thought the career was something different than it was; or 2) Have been discouraged from it as a career by misguided clinicians or fellow students.

Members don't see this ad.

yaah said:
I bet Andy fights like a girl. :smuggrin:

Never fought before so I wouldn't know. Now...tell me about them gang wars over at Andover..

Hah! What a girl response. Never fought before! :laugh: :laugh: :smuggrin:

Just kidding. Real men don't fight.

And yes, we had some serious gang wars there. In actuality, I think there were some serious shenanigans going on there among people who HAD to go to the ivy league or their parents might disown them. Part of the reason why I got out of Dodge and went to Minnesota for college. Not as many prep schoolers out there. Nothing against all you prep schoolers out there, because obviously I am one of them, but we are a bunch of tools.

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
In actuality, I think there were some serious shenanigans going on there among people who HAD to go to the ivy league or their parents might disown them.

Were some of the students and their parents Asian? Lemme tell you, there's something about Asian parents and Ivy league schools. And what's funnier is that they think schools like Hopkins-uh and Stanford-uh belong to the Ivy league where you have schools like Hah-vard-duh. Fine by me, I didn't get disowned.

There were suckups and kissasses of all ethnic backgrounds. Some people argued that it was actually harder to get into the ivy league from there because there were so many applicants, but I doubt this. I think, of my graduating class of about 400, there were about 75 who went to Brown, and between 15-30 at Princeton, Yale, Dartmouth, and Harvard. I am not exaggerating.

AndyMilonakis said:
Fine but then you must buy me a pint so I can shake off the pain.

No...screw that, I'll just hide behind yaah.

I think if I were Yaah and I heard screwing and behind in the same phrase, I'd be nervous.

2005 said:
I think if I were Yaah and I heard screwing and behind in the same phrase, I'd be nervous.

Touche :)

That is the most intelligent thing said on this thread to date.

I left the door open on that one...and you had to barge right through it.

Good work.

Is that it for you lurkers? Something like 450 applicants to path this year? Could it be that the rest simply don't know about this little corner of the world? for shame.

yaah said:
Is that it for you lurkers? Something like 450 applicants to path this year? Could it be that the rest simply don't know about this little corner of the world? for shame.

Where did you get that number (450)? It sounds reasonable. I saw on Scutwork.com that last year 292 AMG's applied, up from 100 plus change in 2000.

It's an approximate number. I don't know exactly. Numbers of applicants are basically double what they were between 5-10 years ago.

Bumpin' it!

Been noticing more and more lurkers in our hallowed forum.

Come towards the light my pretties! Come towards the light!

Veddy eeenteresting...
wolfgang.jpg

Couldn't find a pic of him peering over the wall...

I confess! I have been lurking for a good while now. I am an MS3, post-surgery and currently doing internal medicine. I entered the year thinking 70-80% chance of going into pathology ... that figure is much increased now! You know how they say that you can decide between ob and peds by seeing which of the mother or the baby you would rather stay with after the birth ... if I always want to follow the biopsy sample, I guess that means I should be a pathologist! I've been enjoying all the posts here. Congratulations to all the interviewers this year, and hang in there.