Tips to do Well in my Internal Medicine Rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1053216

I am about to start my internal medicine rotation, some of the things that I have noticed among other residents who have had this rotation is that it is extremely time consuming. What I mean by that is these residents come by 6:30 and leave by 7:30 or 8 pm (max), they always look stressed. What are some ways I can shine during this rotation and also maximize my learning (UWorld, AAFP Board questions and such)?

I want to work in hospitalist/clinic (as an academic attending) and I wasn't the strongest either third or fourth year in wards, what can I do to change that.

Members don't see this ad.

The first thing you need to do is to stop calling it an "internal medicine rotation." It's hospital medicine, and you're a family physician.

Some good tips here:

As for references, in addition to UpToDate, I recommend Gomella.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 users
and you're a family physician.

Actually they are a resident physician training in family medicine. Since semantics seem to matter to you.

• Okay...
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Which makes them a family physician...
Ok. Good to know I can call a 2020 medical school graduate who is 1 month into residency a neurosurgeon, if that's their program of study.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Ok. Good to know I can call a 2020 medical school graduate who is 1 month into residency a neurosurgeon, if that's their program of study.
Of course you can, though I'm quite flattered that all it took was my say so to get you to realize it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users