Timing of interviwes for Hem/Onc fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

threecoins

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying later this year for Hematology/Oncology fellowhsip. I wanted to ask what is the peak interview season? I have a month of vacation and I was wondering when should I set apart free time for interviews. Shoudl I space it out over jan-April or cluster it in March/April.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I will be applying later this year for Hematology/Oncology fellowhsip. I wanted to ask what is the peak interview season? I have a month of vacation and I was wondering when should I set apart free time for interviews. Shoudl I space it out over jan-April or cluster it in March/April.

Thank you.

Feb/March covered all my interviews. Pick one and hope for the best. I got 7 interviews done in Feb (an ambulatory month for me) and had one more to do in March (on wards, got coverage from a colleague...I was in one of those programs you never hear about on SDN...we looked out for each other and helped each other out when needed). I would keep one entire month as open as possible (Feb - April...probably doesn't matter but travel is easier in April) and hope for the best. If you can schedule consult/elective/ambulatory months for at least 2 of 3 of those months, you'll be golden.

Thanks. I am a hospitalist, so I was thinking of taking a month off last two weeks of February and First two weeks of march.