Timeline to hear back from schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdaniels360

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, PTCAS just verified my application (eeeeek!) and said my app would be sent out with next weeks mailings. Does the timeframe to hear back from schools vary or do they all generally get back to you around the same time?

This is really a question for those who have previously applied or those who have heard back already. Thanks again!

cGPA: 3.72
pGPA: 3.63
GRE: 148V 152Q 4.5AW

Members don't see this ad.

varies greatly. just gotta be patient haha. i heard from some schools in september and others in january

Did you have any pre-reqs outstanding? I have physics 1&2 and developmental psych. outstanding so I'm worried it'll affect how long it takes them to respond to my applications! I don't know how I could possibly wait until NEXT YEAR to hear back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you have any pre-reqs outstanding? I have physics 1&2 and developmental psych. outstanding so I'm worried it'll affect how long it takes them to respond to my applications! I don't know how I could possibly wait until NEXT YEAR to hear back.

you're fine. I had one in progress and one outstanding to be taken the spring semester. it didn't change the way schools viewed my application and I was accepted to three programs before even taking bio 2. Look at the program's requirements, they will often say how many can be outstanding at the time of application.

I still have 3 outstanding prerequisites but hopefully it won't be an issue. They'll all be done by the update in december.

As Nicole said, it varies greatly by program. Last year, I was accepted to one school in September, heard back from another in January for an interview, and had to wait until April to hear back from my third school! Some programs will at least email you to confirm that they received your application, but I recommend checking in with each of your programs soon just to make sure they received all of the materials from you that they need. You can ask them at that time for a timeframe of when you can expect to hear back from them.