timeline question!! my advisors couldn't help me..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smack88DAT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So....I am a senior right now and I have low gpa. So I am going to post bacc for sure.
But I have been so confused with the timeline and decided to go to my pre-dental advising committee and got different answers so I was hoping that SDN members can help me out.

Here is my question :)
So I will be graduating in year 2011, and if I apply to dental school and post bacc at the same time, I will be attending post bacc during the gap year while waiting for the acceptance/rejection from the dental school. Right?
So... am I suppose to apply at the same time? OR are you suppose to finish the post bacc program and then apply? (which means 2 years behind for 1 year of post bacc and 1 year of waiting for the news from the dental school)

One of my advisors told me to apply at the same time but just let the schools know that you are attending a post bacc / while the other one told me to wait until I finish the post bacc program and then apply. So i am a bit confused here... Anyway, if I posted the same question that somebody answered.. i apologized but I did search through the forum.. XP

Thanx :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Apply for post-bacc from January-August, get into Post-bacc August, apply for Dental from June-September, get into medical school following March.

The only reason I can see to wait, is to have solidified grades to show that you've made improvement (what with your low GPA and all). I feel like they would need some sort of confirmation that you're not earning the same grades that you had been.

But, then again, I'm not sure how Dental School operates. If this is something that won't get in the way and snuff your chances of acceptance, why wait?