Thoughts on MCAT timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tyrone.

Y'all got any more of them acceptance letters?
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, my school only offers biochem 1 and 2 in certain semesters, and that pushes my mcat and applying timeline back a cycle atleast. Considering, I would need proper time to study. I found that my school offers a summer (May-July) monday-thursday in-person MCAT course by The Princeton Review and in early august you take the MCAT, so I'd be in-line to apply in an early cycle. Basically, I'd be applying during my senior spring semester (pretty sure that's allowed with pre. I will send the link so others can see the detail. My question is, given not taking biochem 1 or 2 yet, but having all of the other classes and taking this rigorous course, would I be prepared enough for the MCAT? Maybe others in similar situations can weigh in? Thanks! Will share my timeline in a spreadsheet that I made as well. Thanks!

MCAT Ultimate | MCAT Prep Course | The Princeton Review

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 5.38.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 5.38.40 PM.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 40
I see this going two ways:

1. The course you take will prepare you in the sense that it gives you a broad outline of what you need to know, and no more fluff in the course to overkill for the MCAT itself.

2. Or, without taking BC1 though, you could learn too little (meaning something somewhere in BC1 you could learn something that may help you). You could also be totally lost do to the broad outline that the review class gives you, compared to BC1.

It could work both ways, depending on what you like and how you learn. Don't memorize as much as possible, critically think and understand. I took BC1 and studied with prep books. A lot of information overlapped. But, BC1 gave me a little more random knowledge and pieced the puzzle together a little better than learning it brand-new.