Thoughts on Locums?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Billy Ruben

Reaction score
I am in the midst of a general GI fellowship and am thinking about locums for at least a short period of time after fellowship. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts about locums work? For those who have done it, how much were you compensated and what was a typical gig like in terms of volume, location, responsibilites, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am in the midst of a general GI fellowship and am thinking about locums for at least a short period of time after fellowship. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts about locums work? For those who have done it, how much were you compensated and what was a typical gig like in terms of volume, location, responsibilites, etc?
I haven't done any yet. But start talking with the recruiters for these positions. call any of the big companies back, even ones recruiting for permanent jobs. they will steer you to their colleagues for locums. terms vary widely based on your skills, availability, geographic restrictions, etc.