Those who scored >250 on Step1, how did you prepare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What were your books and strategy? And how many hours a week? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

no schedule here...just start each day with a new organ system and hit anatomy/phys/path/pharm and other associated subjects within that aorgan system...working well. Keeps me interested.

Members don't see this ad :)
idiopathic, i am curious if u are using Step Up with that aproach of First Aid as a template

Hi,

Again these questions goes to ppl with >250 (although I'm aiming for much lower, I'd prefer to hear from the best).

Behav Sci: BRS or High yield?
Biochem: Lippincott is too much. Is first aid enough?
Microbio: Having been exposed to microbio all year, shouldnt first aid be enough? Should I compliment it with something?
BRS Physio and Path: I take it from the response these are must reads.

My strategy has been to memorize everything in first aid, and look up things on the internet/netter I don't understand to gain comprehension. Is that a good strategy? I think it's a better idea to look up high high yield material (first aid) rather than spending too much time with the less high yield material (BRS behav sci), but is that true? Thank you.

ok, didn't want to start a new thread because god knows we've seen enough q-bank threads....but does the 1 month subscription go 30 days or from (ex) may 15 to june 15? I know it sounds kinda petty, but i got a feeling it might come down to hours with how many questions I want to do.

thanks ya'll. ;)

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site/forum but want to thank all of you who are giving advice and sharing your experience to help out other folks!
I'll be starting my 5 wk prep for step 1 tomorrow and will join all of you who are doing the same. Wish me luck!

Best of luck to all of you who will be taking the boards in the coming weeks!

Bump-Any great strategies for the 2 weeks before the test?