This is sure to remind you of 'our India' !!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ec{3324}.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
that was Beautiful.

This is QUITE lengthy- but i assure you- You will relish every line.

Please go through below mentioned facts, which will make you proud to be INDIAN.

Who is the co-founder of Sun Microsystems?
Mr. Vinod Khosla
Who is the creator of Pentium chip (90% of the today's computers run on it)?
Mr. Vinod Dham
Who is the third richest man on the world?
According to the latest report on Fortune Magazine, He is Premji who is the CEO of Wipro Industries. The Sultan of Brunei is at 6th position now.
Who is the founder and creator of Hotmail (World's No. 1 web based E-Mail program)?
Mr. Sabeer Bhatia later on sold to Microsoft.
Who is the president of AT & T-Bell Labs (AT & T-Bell Labs is the creator of program languages such as C, C++, UNIX to name a few)?
Mr. Arun Netravalli
Who is the GM of Hewlett Packard?
Mr. Rajiv Gupta
Who is the new MTD (Microsoft Testing Director) of Windows 2000, responsible to iron out all initial problems?
Mr. Sanjay Tejwrika
Who are the Chief Executives of Citibank, Mckensey & Standard Charted?
Mr. Victor Menezes, Mr. Rajat Gupta and Mr. Rana Talwar

We Indians are the wealthiest among all ethnic groups in America, even faring better than the whites and the natives:
There are 3.22 Millions of INDIANs in USA (1.5 % of population).
YET, 38% of doctors in USA are INDIANs.
12% scientists in USA are INDIANs.
36% of NASA scientists are INDIANs.
34% of Microsoft employees are INDIANs.
28% of IBM employees are INDIANs.
17% of INTEL scientists are INDIANs.
13% of XEROX employees are INDIANs.

Quotes about India:
"We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made"
--Albert Einstein.
"India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend and the great grand mother of tradition"
--Mark Twain.
"If there is one place on the face of earth where all dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India"
--French scholar Romain Rolland.

You may know some of the following facts:
These facts were recently published in a German Magazine, which deals with WORLD HISTORY FACTS ABOUT INDIA

India never invaded any country in her last 1000 years of history.
India invented the Number system. Aryabhatta invented zero.
The world's first university was established in Takshila in 700 BC. More than 10500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects.
The University of Nalanda built in the 4th century BC was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.
According to the Forbes magazine, Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software.
Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans.
Although western media portray modern images of India as poverty stricken and under developed through political corruption, India was once the richest empire on earth.
The art of navigation was born in the river Sindh 5000 years ago. The very word "Navigation" is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH.
Budhayana first calculated the value of pi, and he explained the concept of what is now known as the Pythagorean Theorem. British scholars have last year (1999) officially published that Budhayan's works dates to the 6th Century, which is long before the European mathematicians.
Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus came from India. Quadratic Equations were by Sridharacharya in the 11th Century.
The largest numbers the Greeks and the Romans used were 106 whereas Indians used numbers as big as 1053.
According to the Gemological Institute of America, up until 1896, India was the only source of diamonds to the world.
USA based IEEE has proved what has been a century-old suspicion amongst academics that the pioneer of wireless communication was Professor Jagdish Bose and not Marconi.
The earliest reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in Saurashtra.
Chess was invented in India.
Sushruta is the father of surgery. 2600 years ago he and health scientists of his time conducted surgeries like caesareans, cataract, fractures and urinary stones.
Usage of anesthesia was well known in ancient India.
When many cultures in the world were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago, Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu Valley (Indus Valley Civilization).
The place value system, the decimal system was developed in India in 100 BC.
India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border" Hu Shih (former Chinese Ambassador to USA) If we don't see even a glimpse of that great India in the India that we see today, it clearly means that we are not working up to our potential, and that if we do, we could once again be an ever shining and inspiring country setting a bright path for rest of the world to follow.

I hope you enjoyed it and work towards the welfare of INDIA. Next Jainism spreads all over the world and you might be knowing that US, UK, German and Japanese Universities has introduced Scholar degree programmed on Jainism being a total Scientific Religion.

Say proudly, I AM AN INDIAN. ...!!!

Yup, we Indians dominate everything from all sorts of talent to having the largest population. The only thing Indians are not too great in is sports, though still doing pretty good. :thumbup:

That's why I love math so much, because it's in my blood!!!

BUT, I don't understand this, can anyone explain?

"According to the Forbes magazine, Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software."

sunny123 said:

"According to the Forbes magazine, Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software."

I don´t understand it either! :laugh: :laugh:

Just copy pasted a mail someone forwarded me!

sunny123 said:

DrGarfield said:

India never invaded any country in her last 1000 years of history. :laugh:

That is so funny! This implies that we indians are supposed to be nonviolent.
We aren't, we just can't invade. Nor have the brains to follow the plan :D

Pakorah said:
India never invaded any country in her last 1000 years of history. :laugh:

That is so funny! This implies that we indians are supposed to be nonviolent.
We aren't, we just can't invade. Nor have the brains to follow the plan :D

It´s not about Non violence- it´s about respecting the sovereignity of other states. India used to be highly aggressive about acquiring the lands in distant history- in the times of Chandragupta-the 2nd (Vikramaditya) whose reigh was including India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Burma, Afghanistan, Part of Iran, Russia as seen on the present day map. the last one to be so much aspiring emperor was Ashoka- after that India has been kinda busy to keep her own land safe from the various invaders- the Shaks, Huns, Moghuls, Turks and finally European rule- which started with portugal and french and ended with the british!
Lately in the modern era politics India has been in a treaty of being non invasive as suggested by the Panchasheel norms set down by Jawaharlal Nehru- which were highly respected by the UN.
It would be too much stupid to utter the last line- "We don´t have brains to follow the plans!" as India has one of the deadliest army-all in the terms of weaponary and menpower and strategic planning. That´s what brought India the shining victories in 1971 and finally at Kargil.

DrGarfield said:
It´s not about Non violence- it´s about respecting the sovereignity of other states. India used to be highly aggressive about acquiring the lands in distant history- in the times of Chandragupta-the 2nd (Vikramaditya) whose reigh was including India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Burma, Afghanistan, Part of Iran, Russia as seen on the present day map. the last one to be so much aspiring emperor was Ashoka- after that India has been kinda busy to keep her own land safe from the various invaders- the Shaks, Huns, Moghuls, Turks and finally European rule- which started with portugal and french and ended with the british!
Lately in the modern era politics India has been in a treaty of being non invasive as suggested by the Panchasheel norms set down by Jawaharlal Nehru- which were highly respected by the UN.
It would be too much stupid to utter the last line- "We don´t have brains to follow the plans!" as India has one of the deadliest army-all in the terms of weaponary and menpower and strategic planning. That´s what brought India the shining victories in 1971 and finally at Kargil.
You are wrong about the 'deadliest army'....they have a huge army. Whats an army of a million people when you can't do anything with it. If you didn't know its all about nuclear warfare. Having 1million indians with bamboo sticks, is not deadly, its just a backup dance crew to the bollywood movies.

Members don't see this ad :)
well...to begin with...my entire family has a tradition of service in the indian army...they fought in the wars....Ok so i am not one of them...but I know a little about the life..the very hard life.....
I can't even explain to you how tough it is to see a member of your family go to war....or be posted in siachen or kargil...
you sir...are just one example of how our nation does not respect what these brave soldiers do for us... yeah there have been a couple of movies..sure people cry a little and then forget abt it....
and if you think they are up there..living in those tiny tents on glaciers..with limited oxygen supply...for money..then you are so wrong...do you know why these soldiers can't be left up on the glacier on the LOC for more than 22 days...? because their memory deteriorates due to lack of oxygen..! and do you know how they spend those 22 days? not knowing when an enemy shell will come and blow them up...not knowing whether they will see their family again....they have to sit in those tents all day...people stepping out..even in the night get blown up when detected by the enemy camps along the LOC....Do you know what it is like for them to have to carry the remains of their brave brother back down the glacier? do you know how many days of travel on foot on glaciers it takes to get down to the base camp? Have you ever lost your appetite..knowing that the helicopter that just went over your head is carrying a casualty of war? Do you know that while they sit there shooting our people down....we have to wait for permission from the high command to shoot a single shell!! Do you think these things only happen during certain times....sir..its been ongoing...for these 50 years... civilians just don't realize it....
ANd you think they fight with bamboos...you really don't know ANYTHING..at all...and your ignorance is sad...but then again...if all they had were bamboos...they would still fight with courage...
There are political reasons...behind why we seem to sit and take it...and not "invade"....you think the army can do what it wants?...wow..what are you..like 5?? coz anyone would realize that its all the commander's decision....and if you don't have the orders...you stay put...and once you get the orders...you get out there..and fight valiantly....
"Having 1million indians with bamboo sticks, is not deadly, its just a backup dance crew to the bollywood movies."
Oh..so you think you are being funny?!!....
again...so sad...indians are so desensitized to our people dying....1 million is not just a number....
I'm so ashamed.......... it must be so hard for these young men to fight for people...complete starngers....who don't even realize what is being done for them....

hopeful05 said:
well...to begin with...my entire family has a tradition of service in the indian army...they fought in the wars....Ok so i am not one of them...but I know a little about the life..the very hard life.....
I can't even explain to you how tough it is to see a member of your family go to war....or be posted in siachen or kargil...
you sir...are just one example of how our nation does not respect what these brave soldiers do for us... yeah there have been a couple of movies..sure people cry a little and then forget abt it....
and if you think they are up there..living in those tiny tents on glaciers..with limited oxygen supply...for money..then you are so wrong...do you know why these soldiers can't be left up on the glacier on the LOC for more than 22 days...? because their memory deteriorates due to lack of oxygen..! and do you know how they spend those 22 days? not knowing when an enemy shell will come and blow them up...not knowing whether they will see their family again....they have to sit in those tents all day...people stepping out..even in the night get blown up when detected by the enemy camps along the LOC....Do you know what it is like for them to have to carry the remains of their brave brother back down the glacier? do you know how many days of travel on foot on glaciers it takes to get down to the base camp? Have you ever lost your appetite..knowing that the helicopter that just went over your head is carrying a casualty of war? Do you know that while they sit there shooting our people down....we have to wait for permission from the high command to shoot a single shell!! Do you think these things only happen during certain times....sir..its been ongoing...for these 50 years... civilians just don't realize it....
ANd you think they fight with bamboos...you really don't know ANYTHING..at all...and your ignorance is sad...but then again...if all they had were bamboos...they would still fight with courage...
There are political reasons...behind why we seem to sit and take it...and not "invade"....you think the army can do what it wants?...wow..what are you..like 5?? coz anyone would realize that its all the commander's decision....and if you don't have the orders...you stay put...and once you get the orders...you get out there..and fight valiantly....
"Having 1million indians with bamboo sticks, is not deadly, its just a backup dance crew to the bollywood movies."
Oh..so you think you are being funny?!!....
again...so sad...indians are so desensitized to our people dying....1 million is not just a number....
I'm so ashamed.......... it must be so hard for these young men to fight for people...complete starngers....who don't even realize what is being done for them....
First of all I'm not indian, south asian. Why isn't there a South asian thread instead of the lovely 'bharat' thread. Secondly I do a fair bit about indian army life. I know a lot of people who are in this lovely army of yours. All they seem to enjoy is counting how many muslims they shoot. I was laughing at the joke that garfeild made on it has been so long since we have not invaded a country. How is that a fact? An act of nonviolence? Again, this day and age we don't need 1million indian soldiers when 100 thousand would suffice. And who are these million soldiers fighting? Their brothers in pakistan. +pity+ These are the people you are praising? :clap:

this is how my Dog reacted to your garbage posts
Bulldog.gif___1113933236351.gif

Pakorah said:
First of all I'm not indian, south asian. Why isn't there a South asian thread instead of the lovely 'bharat' thread. Secondly I do a fair bit about indian army life. I know a lot of people who are in this lovely army of yours. All they seem to enjoy is counting how many muslims they shoot. I was laughing at the joke that garfeild made on it has been so long since we have not invaded a country. How is that a fact? An act of nonviolence? Again, this day and age we don't need 1million indian soldiers when 100 thousand would suffice. And who are these million soldiers fighting? Their brothers in pakistan. +pity+ These are the people you are praising? :clap:

mr pakorah
you call yourself south asian but would not name your country!!!! huh
we all are south asian , we proudly call ourselves Indians but you are too shy to name your country !!! because you are not very proud of it
you are obviously jealous of India and I can smell that
and we don't give a damn about you because you don't matter at all, you sound like one big damn fool ignorant of all what is going on
and of course you still get attracted to India thread and come and post your garbage here

nimeshshingala said:
this is how my Dog reacted to your garbage posts
Bulldog.gif___1113933236351.gif

mr pakorah
you call yourself south asian but would not name your country!!!! huh
we all are south asian , we proudly call ourselves Indians but you are too shy to name your country !!! because you are not very proud of it
you are obviously jealous of India and I can smell that
and we don't give a damn about you because you don't matter at all, you sound like one big damn fool ignorant of all what is going on
and of course you still get attracted to India thread and come and post your garbage here
Jealous of India....no way. I am attracted to the spiritual side of Indian culture ...hmm thats pretty much it. Then there is Russell peters who I find funny and thats pretty much all I like about india. I didn't name my country because I want people to guess.

sunny123 said:
^ Pakistan?
Guess again....btw sunny123 are you a blue jays fan? they are 9-10 now. :thumbdown:

Pakorah said:
First of all I'm not indian, south asian. Why isn't there a South asian thread instead of the lovely 'bharat' thread.

Maybe you should make one...that way you can cry abt the indian army there..and not bother us here

Pakorah said:
I know a lot of people who are in this lovely army of yours. All they seem to enjoy is counting how many muslims they shoot.

That sir is a lie...your own construction.....these people want nothing more than peace...but when infiltrators come into our lands..and terrorists blow up school childrens' buses!!...those are the enemy..regardless of their religion....
india has a huge muslim population... no one looks at them any diff...they are just as indian as the rest of us...

Pakorah said:
I was laughing at the joke that garfeild made on it has been so long since we have not invaded a country. How is that a fact? An act of nonviolence?

That is a fact...india has not Invaded any country in the past 100 years...perhaps you should chk the dictionary for the meaning of invaded..then you'll understand it...coz it's simple....
Non-violence...well india did not side with US invasion did they?
Were they ever the first one to charter an attack or infiltration of Pakistan?

Pakorah said:
And who are these million soldiers fighting? Their brothers in pakistan. +pity+ These are the people you are praising? :clap:

The army is to fight for the country's people...against any threat...pakistan has been a threat ....the camps along the LOC have never been peaceful....but the educated people are wise enough to know that this is all political B S ....We meet pakistani people here...they are our frnds...they are in no way responsible for the terrorism.....no one blames them....the war is against the terrorism....and yes I praise these people for fighting the infiltrators out of india..and fighting to keep kashmir safe....and prevent bombings...and ruthless slayings of young innocent children..but you JUST DONT GET IT.......

Pakorah said:
Jealous of India....no way. I am attracted to the spiritual side of Indian culture ...hmm thats pretty much it. Then there is Russell peters who I find funny and thats pretty much all I like about india. I didn't name my country because I want people to guess.

I'm glad you are not prejudiced against "all that is indian".

Hmm..lesse....Sri Lanka?

Bangladesh?

Nepal?

??????

I love the Pakoras- with tomato ketchup!

Dear buddy, it seems u are not aware that Indian army Is one of th deadliest army in the world- it has nuclear powers as well- just to inform you if you have not been to the news papers in last 10 years!

The army with the Bamboo sticks has a proud history of wars I already mentioned!

The army is to fight Who comes to offend the nation- they fight the Paki "Brothers" because they are possibly acting Offensively to India- in some ways! :p We didn´t fight to Nepal or Shrilanka or Burma because they don´t Bug us!

There are equivalent Muslim people in indian army as representative of the population- so i´t can not be said truely that they make notches on their guns for shootin Muslims!

U seem to be Pakistani from your name- and may even be an emotionally hurt Indian Muslim- if that is the case- I can say sorry and show compassion to you-but i know that showing compassion doesn´t change anything of Hatreds!!

Keep writing- I don´t want to fight Sunny again- but I like fights a little anyways! :p ;)

DrGarfield said:
I love the Pakoras- with tomato ketchup!

Dear buddy, it seems u are not aware that Indian army Is one of th deadliest army in the world- it has nuclear powers as well- just to inform you if you have not been to the news papers in last 10 years!

The army with the Bamboo sticks has a proud history of wars I already mentioned!

The army is to fight Who comes to offend the nation- they fight the Paki "Brothers" because they are possibly acting Offensively to India- in some ways! :p We didn´t fight to Nepal or Shrilanka or Burma because they don´t Bug us!

There are equivalent Muslim people in indian army as representative of the population- so i´t can not be said truely that they make notches on their guns for shootin Muslims!

U seem to be Pakistani from your name- and may even be an emotionally hurt Indian Muslim- if that is the case- I can say sorry and show compassion to you-but i know that showing compassion doesn´t change anything of Hatreds!!

Keep writing- I don´t want to fight Sunny again- but I like fights a little anyways! :p ;)
No i do know india has some nuclear not that many, maybe my standard is too high. Hmmm.. India did fight sri lanka they waged war against the tigers back in the 80s claiming to wipe them out in a weeks time. But the tigers kicked them out of sri lanka after indian army suffering heavy blows. Common fact, I'm surprised you guys didn't know that. :D

^ Sri Lankans are just as much Indian as the mainlanders. I don't consider the tear-drop island as a separate nation. Brown is brown, let's keep it at that.

India didn´t go to fight srilanka- it sent the peace keeping forces to help the srilankan government against the LTTE in 1987. They hit the LTTE hard at that time and Prabhakaran had to go underground for a long time- the threat to the Srilankan Government was relieved due to Indian intervension. But at this time the Srilankan Government behaved strange and inspite of Indian support declared Cease fire. They even shook hands with the LTTE for some time- and the LTTE people again being originally Tamils of ancient Indian origins- the plans of sendint the IPKF was questioned strategically- and so the forces were called back.
But the damages made by the IPKF bothered the LTTE so much that in revenge to that move they killed Rajiv Gandhi who was the PM of India who had sent the peace keeping forces!

So rebuff your knowledge of recent history- Pakorah!

And another small thing i gotta say- Nuclear weapons are like All or None- there is nothing like- India has nuclear weapons but not so many- because one or two are enough to do the job!

Grow up kid!

DrGarfield said:
India didn´t go to fight srilanka- it sent the peace keeping forces to help the srilankan government against the LTTE in 1987. They hit the LTTE hard at that time and Prabhakaran had to go underground for a long time- the threat to the Srilankan Government was relieved due to Indian intervension. But at this time the Srilankan Government behaved strange and inspite of Indian support declared Cease fire. They even shook hands with the LTTE for some time- and the LTTE people again being originally Tamils of ancient Indian origins- the plans of sendint the IPKF was questioned strategically- and so the forces were called back.
But the damages made by the IPKF bothered the LTTE so much that in revenge to that move they killed Rajiv Gandhi who was the PM of India who had sent the peace keeping forces!

So rebuff your knowledge of recent history- Pakorah!

And another small thing i gotta say- Nuclear weapons are like All or None- there is nothing like- India has nuclear weapons but not so many- because one or two are enough to do the job!

Grow up kid!
Oh peace keeping, like the US sent the "peacekeepers" to Iraq?
And it was an INDIAN that blew up Rajiv. http://www.ishipress.com/gandhi.htm Read this.

And you do know that India trained the tamils who now are called the LTTE? Then they signed an agreement with the sri lankan government. Fought against the LTTE. I admit that LTTE was hit hard. But they did kick the Indian army out. And that is a fact.
IPKF are these the same people guarding your boarders? with their rubberless bullets? ;)
Another small fact is that 2 nuclear weapons to do the job? what job? I'm talking about conquering the world. I mean is it such a big deal that you can take out a small country like pakistan?
There is a story about two brothers who are hunters. One of the brother(Rohit) goes out into the forest to hunt for dinner. And the other brother( Rahul) was taking a nap. Rahul heard something in the forest and took his gun and ran into the forest to fight this creature. Rohit saw something running towards him and he armed himself. There was two shots. The next day someone found both brothers dead on the ground. This is a story about Indians and Pakistani fighting each other. What do you guys think? I read this this year.

sunny123 said:
^ Sri Lankans are just as much Indian as the mainlanders. I don't consider the tear-drop island as a separate nation. Brown is brown, let's keep it at that.
I don't know man the problem at schools is that there is a big problem between Northies and Southies. I'm sure you must be familiar with this. It goes back to the whole Ramayana, calling southies monkies because they were dark and hairy? I don't get that. I don't believe there was monkies but just dark south indian. And Krishna can't be blue....my belief don't go all psycho on me. He was dark (ps prolly a southie..hahahaha)

^ what school do you go to? Generally brown students get along, no matter where they are from (unless peopel decide to bring in political prejudices into the mix).

Being dark is not just common to the Southern part of India, hello!??! We are all close to the equator, and get bombarded with UV radiation. There are dark people too up in the northern part as well, as there are fair people in the south. This shouldn't be an argument against skin shades.

And of course Krishna wasn't blue, who really knows what colour he was?? No one had a camera back then.

Well people got potraits done. so they painted him blue.

Don't believe everything ISKCON puts out in their magazines :laugh: .

sunny123 said:
Don't believe everything ISKCON puts out in their magazines :laugh: .
What don't you think that they had paint back then? ;)

^ listen Indiana Jones, go and get me a relic, and I'd like some chemical analysis performed on the pigments used.

sunny123 said:
^ listen Indiana Jones, go and get me a relic, and I'd like some chemical analysis performed on the pigments used.
Well do you believe in god? give me proof?

How does belief in God come in to questioning whether or not paintings existed duirng the days of Krishna? Are you trying to ask me to use blind faith?? Then sure, why not, since I can't dispute it.

sunny123 said:
How does belief in God come in to questioning whether or not paintings existed duirng the days of Krishna? Are you trying to ask me to use blind faith?? Then sure, why not, since I can't dispute it.
Again i am telling you to keep your blue jay score up dated. :mad:

sunny got into an argument.....wha???? :eek:

:laugh:

That pakorah has a wierd take on things

Premedtomed said:
Needs to be fried properly :laugh:

hahahaha :laugh:

hmm.. pakorah is obviously having an identity crisis. you're brown, deal with it.
i could choose to degrade indians if i wanted to (i hang out with non-indians most of the time), but what's the use? you're just putting yourself down- it's stupid.
also, pakorah, your comment on southies being dark- that was quite ignorant. i'm from the south and i'm not dark at all. you can't just make stereotypical comments like that. besides, what is there to laugh at if a person has darker skin than you? be nice.

'when you're brown you get around'... :laugh: don't ask, saw that on a friend's facebook profile.

okay i gotta get back to studying. i'll be posting on a regular basis after may 5th!!!!! CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS TO BE OVER!!!!!!! :D

Well dear, I had to take some time out in Berlin while out on my tour to clear some of your doubts.

The indian peace keeping forces Were Officially called by that name.

India- officially never trained the LTTE or supported them- but as it is a fact that they are Tamils whose roots are in India, they have support from people of Tamilnadu and DMK and allied parties in an indirect way and they have used that to get benefit from India.

DrGarfield said:
Well dear, I had to take some time out in Berlin while out on my tour to clear some of your doubts.

The indian peace keeping forces Were Officially called by that name.

India- officially never trained the LTTE or supported them- but as it is a fact that they are Tamils whose roots are in India, they have support from people of Tamilnadu and DMK and allied parties in an indirect way and they have used that to get benefit from India.
They weren't called LTTE. This was before the tigers was formed. India supported the tigers at the beginning because the sri lankan government was leaning towards china for help. Then india reached an agreement with sri lanka. This is why there are 4 of indian's ships protecting sri lankan waters. Read up on your history.

So...if that's true....what is bothering you? The navy is out there to protect the srilankan waters right....so why are you upset..... you wanna do that yourself...?

Your rationalization is messed up....you have problems with the wierdest things...skin color, belief in God, ...i mean "conquering the world" - and nuclear weapons...what good is all that? i don't know any normal person who would think abt those things and hav such ambitions....

and india trained LTTE? did the indian govt. train them? NO....
and if india sided with tigers as you say becoz of sri-lanka china ties....when was this...and if they reached an agreement...what is still bothering you....?
India and SriLanka don't have enimity between them.....so keep it that way....lighten up....

hopeful05 said:
So...if that's true....what is bothering you? The navy is out there to protect the srilankan waters right....so why are you upset..... you wanna do that yourself...?

Your rationalization is messed up....you have problems with the wierdest things...skin color, belief in God, ...i mean "conquering the world" - and nuclear weapons...what good is all that? i don't know any normal person who would think abt those things and hav such ambitions....

and india trained LTTE? did the indian govt. train them? NO....
and if india sided with tigers as you say becoz of sri-lanka china ties....when was this...and if they reached an agreement...what is still bothering you....?
India and SriLanka don't have enimity between them.....so keep it that way....lighten up....
I am having a conversation with garfeild. His facts are false. Why are you analyzing me? Relax. A lot of people joke about krishna's colour. And it is funny how many paintings have him in blue. And sunny123 did not have an arguement with me it was just fun. I don't understand why you are so uptight. Relax. "Put the lime in the coke u nut"

Regarding the LTTE, I said they weren't called LTTE back then. Its the same thing with USA training Osama but later on Osama going against USA. Go look it up. I simply said that india's powerful army was kicked out of sri lanka by rebels like LTTE whom many was part of the group of tamils they trained.

DrGarfield said:
This is QUITE lengthy- but i assure you- You will relish every line.

Please go through below mentioned facts, which will make you proud to be INDIAN.

Who is the co-founder of Sun Microsystems?
Mr. Vinod Khosla
Who is the creator of Pentium chip (90% of the today's computers run on it)?
Mr. Vinod Dham
Who is the third richest man on the world?
According to the latest report on Fortune Magazine, He is Premji who is the CEO of Wipro Industries. The Sultan of Brunei is at 6th position now.
Who is the founder and creator of Hotmail (World's No. 1 web based E-Mail program)?
Mr. Sabeer Bhatia later on sold to Microsoft.
Who is the president of AT & T-Bell Labs (AT & T-Bell Labs is the creator of program languages such as C, C++, UNIX to name a few)?
Mr. Arun Netravalli
Who is the GM of Hewlett Packard?
Mr. Rajiv Gupta
Who is the new MTD (Microsoft Testing Director) of Windows 2000, responsible to iron out all initial problems?
Mr. Sanjay Tejwrika
Who are the Chief Executives of Citibank, Mckensey & Standard Charted?
Mr. Victor Menezes, Mr. Rajat Gupta and Mr. Rana Talwar

We Indians are the wealthiest among all ethnic groups in America, even faring better than the whites and the natives:
There are 3.22 Millions of INDIANs in USA (1.5 % of population).
YET, 38% of doctors in USA are INDIANs.
12% scientists in USA are INDIANs.
36% of NASA scientists are INDIANs.
34% of Microsoft employees are INDIANs.
28% of IBM employees are INDIANs.
17% of INTEL scientists are INDIANs.
13% of XEROX employees are INDIANs.

Quotes about India:
"We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made"
--Albert Einstein.
"India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend and the great grand mother of tradition"
--Mark Twain.
"If there is one place on the face of earth where all dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India"
--French scholar Romain Rolland.

You may know some of the following facts:
These facts were recently published in a German Magazine, which deals with WORLD HISTORY FACTS ABOUT INDIA

India never invaded any country in her last 1000 years of history.
India invented the Number system. Aryabhatta invented zero.
The world's first university was established in Takshila in 700 BC. More than 10500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects.
The University of Nalanda built in the 4th century BC was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.
According to the Forbes magazine, Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software.
Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans.
Although western media portray modern images of India as poverty stricken and under developed through political corruption, India was once the richest empire on earth.
The art of navigation was born in the river Sindh 5000 years ago. The very word "Navigation" is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH.
Budhayana first calculated the value of pi, and he explained the concept of what is now known as the Pythagorean Theorem. British scholars have last year (1999) officially published that Budhayan's works dates to the 6th Century, which is long before the European mathematicians.
Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus came from India. Quadratic Equations were by Sridharacharya in the 11th Century.
The largest numbers the Greeks and the Romans used were 106 whereas Indians used numbers as big as 1053.
According to the Gemological Institute of America, up until 1896, India was the only source of diamonds to the world.
USA based IEEE has proved what has been a century-old suspicion amongst academics that the pioneer of wireless communication was Professor Jagdish Bose and not Marconi.
The earliest reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in Saurashtra.
Chess was invented in India.
Sushruta is the father of surgery. 2600 years ago he and health scientists of his time conducted surgeries like caesareans, cataract, fractures and urinary stones.
Usage of anesthesia was well known in ancient India.
When many cultures in the world were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago, Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu Valley (Indus Valley Civilization).
The place value system, the decimal system was developed in India in 100 BC.
India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border" Hu Shih (former Chinese Ambassador to USA) If we don't see even a glimpse of that great India in the India that we see today, it clearly means that we are not working up to our potential, and that if we do, we could once again be an ever shining and inspiring country setting a bright path for rest of the world to follow.

I hope you enjoyed it and work towards the welfare of INDIA. Next Jainism spreads all over the world and you might be knowing that US, UK, German and Japanese Universities has introduced Scholar degree programmed on Jainism being a total Scientific Religion.

Say proudly, I AM AN INDIAN. ...!!!

Cool post :thumbup:

May I use it for my students?

Pakorah said:
I am having a conversation with garfeild. His facts are false. Why are you analyzing me? Relax. A lot of people joke about krishna's colour. And it is funny how many paintings have him in blue. And sunny123 did not have an arguement with me it was just fun. I don't understand why you are so uptight. Relax. "Put the lime in the coke u nut"

Regarding the LTTE, I said they weren't called LTTE back then. Its the same thing with USA training Osama but later on Osama going against USA. Go look it up. I simply said that india's powerful army was kicked out of sri lanka by rebels like LTTE whom many was part of the group of tamils they trained.

I am the who's uptight and judgemental?????????
wow! you live in your own world...but do what you want..this is the last i will say....i don't know why i even bothered to waste my time...you are so obnoxious ...

hopeful05 said:
I am the who's uptight and judgemental?????????
wow! you live in your own world...but do what you want..this is the last i will say....i don't know why i even bothered to waste my time...you are so obnoxious ...
Thanks babe, I knew u'd see it my way. :thumbup:

Don't babe me.. :mad:
glad u realize that you are OBNOXIOUS

sure sure....

lets close this thread

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

hopeful05 said:
Don't babe me.. :mad:
glad u realize that you are OBNOXIOUS
Nope, u agreed that you are a tight @ss. :D

Yeah...you know what....maybe i am...because i sure can't stand senseless, ignorant characters like you.

and i'm not replying anymore.......G'bye

---------------------------------------------------------------------------