This is not being started to end in a big fight.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ScootDoc I appreciate the time you took to write back but I'm afraid you missed my point.

I'm was NOT comparing carib medical school debt risk with american medical school debt risk. Yes I agree with you that US schools have an interest in not failing their students while carib schools might perhaps benefit from such a thing happening at a specific rate.

but all i'm saying is that debt is something inherent in the US economy whether you go study science for 10 years and still don't have a job or you take a mortgage that you can't pay.. caribbean medical education is also a risk assessment that the student should evaluate. So when an American studies a useless degree (relatively at least) or can't pay his house mortgage.. Do we blame the American universities in that case for not warning students that you won't get a job after your history degree? I guess not.. it's there for you to decide if you wanna pursue it or not

I understand it's a big business down there but if one is out of luck for US schools and still wants medicine then it's up to him/her to decide the risk.. just like every American does when they buy a house or a car.. u will be out on the street in no time.

Members don't see this ad.

What's the average undergrad debt in the US? i think it might be around 35-40K. graduate school if it doesn't prepare you well for a job it's pretty much a waste of income doing something else. For example even in science now you can spend 7-8 years between a M.Sc. and a Ph.D and you still don't have a job.. yes you don't have debt but you don't have money neither and you will live pretty much at the line of poverty! and then you can do 4 years of Post Doctoral work and still not have a position and these guys get paid only 30 or 40K.

The percentage of post docs who actually end up getting a PI position (the only justification for those long years) is very small. And these are to begin with a percentage of Ph.D students. So I don't know really what happens to the rest.

so clearly a lot of people are pursuing degrees and wasting years of their lives over no guarantee of employment in the same field. should we tell them not to go that science degree and go do something more practical because the numbers are not in their favor?

I just don't understand criticizing the caribbean because of the high attrition rates. This is present everywhere just with a little disguise.

the difference is that those people don't graduate with $250K or more in debt, they pretty much graduate debt free, and also a masters take 1 or 2 years at most, and a phd doesn't take 8 years either, maybe if you take 1 class a year it might. many of these people don't go on to be a PI, many just want to teach and work as a prof at some university, eventually climbing the ranks, and they can easily get a job doing what they were trained to do, be it teach, or work in a lab or both. there are thousands of companies that hire PhD's in science, anything from fuel companies to pharmaceutical to make up and shampoo companies. not to mention the tens of thousands of universities that need profs. So there's plenty of work for them in their field of expertise. Try getting a job in the medical field after completing medical school but without a license to practice medicine. you can't do any other medical job even though you're over qualified, if you want to work as a nurse, you need a nursing certificate, if you want to be a paramedic you need different training as well. basically if you can't get a residency you're very limited and besides that you're $250K in debt, compared to having $40K in debt or even less as a phd.

so the debt is the main difference. if a medical school grad had zero debt and couldn't get a residency after trying then that medical student would have no problem working as a paramedic or PA, the problem starts when they can't pay the huge debt.

RussianJoo and ScootDoc are correct.

Big difference between going to grad school and medical school.

An MD without a residency is useless. How do you plan to pay off that massive $250k debt by working at McD's?

This is why people going to Carib have to think about it very, very, very carefully. For me, the risks are so great that I would never go Carib. US MD or DO or pick another career.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok HJ, now we disagree again. A person's experiences/motivations do not correlate with success in med school. I don't care if this person has claimed to cure cancer through the culinary arts. If the person's GPA is <3.0 and has an MCAT <20, then it is very unlikely that s/he will be successful in passing the boards (Step I, II), or the shelf exams, etc. Sure, I think a person who has GPA (3.2-3.5) or MCAT (26-30) with good experiences, but that was screened out of US schools for one reason or another could probably hack it. But, schools like Ross don't screen so you let the crappers in through the front door and when they can't hack it you kick them out the back door. That shouldn't sit right with anyone. The process should be two fold:

1- Carib schools should start to screen their applicants better.

2- Some applicants should just recognize that their desire to become a doc is a hopeless pipe dream and should pursue something else..... well, with that kind of GPA/MCAT maybe they should just buy a bullet and rent a gun. Whatever, it may be they should definitely not gain acceptance to medical school, and probably shouldn't pro-create either. :laugh:

SD out

Where did you go to Med School?

Last edited:

Last edited:
Maybe if you pulled your head out of your ass and actually read some of my previous posts on this same thread you would have figured that out by now. Go back and read the second post on this thread and then come back and respond. Even if I don't have a "personal experience" with carib schools I definitely don't have to explain myself to you. Even the small fact that Ross University students can/do receive federally subsidized student loans makes it my concern, since I do pay federal taxes -- Where do you think all that government money comes from? -taxpayers. Guess who pays for it when Ross students fail out and default on their loans. -taxpayers Get the picture? It is my concern when a crap carib med school taps into federal funds and fails to produce..... end of story.

Now, regarding Ross University's residency placement. Maybe you should take a closer look. Approximately <10% of their students matched into what are considered "competitive specialties." (i.e. Rads, Ortho, Ophtho, Derm, ENT, some would consider Anesthesia.... but that is a soft claim. I personally would consider it competitive). Also, take a look at where these matches take place. The majority are not well known programs, however, there are few that are respectable university programs, so koodos to those students, but I guarantee Ross University has no claim to that. I'm sure they had little to do with the success of those students. Even ask them.... Also, one could easily look at the data and say, "wow, lots of surgery." Well, nowhere does it say how many of those positions are categorical vs. preliminary (If you don't know the difference look it up I'm not going to waste my time. Bottom line is that most will not hold a residency position after their PGY1 year.) Again, look at where these surgery positions take place (Kerns, Carillion, etc.. vast majority of these are less than reputable). The only thing that impresses me whatsoever with regards to their match is that there are a few internal medicine spots at reputable university programs, again, doubt Ross had much to do with that placement.

-BOTTOM LINE- You don't know what the hell you are talking about. I love when Pre-meds get mouthy and claim to know everything about the match process, and medical school. Until, you have been there and done that be careful not to share misinformation. (i.e. Anthro, you mouth is writing checks that your ass can't cash.... Maybe you should become informed before posting anymore comments.):rolleyes:

SDout

1. I did not claim to know anything about the process, I simply asked a question.
2. I pay federal, state, and city taxes too-so I understand your concern.
3. I did read your posts. I was just wondering if you had a reason other than taxes and competitiveness.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Last edited:
1. I did not claim to know anything about the process, I simply asked a question.
2. I pay federal, state, and city taxes too-so I understand your concern.
3. I did read your posts. I was just wondering if you had a reason other than taxes and competitiveness.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

1. Why does your status say that you're a medical student, even though you haven't even started school yet?

2. No you don't understand his concerns. You're not a medical student, you don't have family members who went overseas for medical school. And you're not $250,000 in debt and unable to find a residency.

3. You can try to find whatever devious justifications in why anyone would make an arguement over this. The bottom line is if you go out of the country for medical school, you're taking a risk in not being able to find a residency spot when you come back. It would be one thing if you came out of it debt free. It's another matter altogether if you emerge with a such debt.

congrats to you

ScootDoc...

I agree with a lot of things that have been said thus far. I think I know your brother actually...or, to prove your point even more, I know a guy who has a story like this with 3 kids and a wife (2 girls and one boy who was born during the step?)

I heard the hardest thing about US med school was getting in. I believe the hardest thing about Caribbean med school is staying in. Ross had an absolutely aweful attrition rate. I saw almost 100 students out of 420 repeat 1st semster, fail out, or leave. It is sickening. I saw people who spent hundred's of thousands of dollars and couldn't pass the comp,. Step 1, and even in one aweful case, pass Step 2 CK. These students have nothing to show for their time, money, and heartache.

But on the other hand, I have seen students who had a 17MCAT get a 225 on Step1 and match in surgery. I have seen Ross students with a 2.3 GPA in basic sciences score 215+ on their boards. I know a student who scored 260+ and one with a 270+.

My stats before med school: (If the person's GPA is <3.0 and has an MCAT <20, then it is very unlikely that s/he will be successful in passing the boards (Step I, II), or the shelf exams, etc)

GPA - 2.9
MCAT -19M (one try)

I have now passed all of my board exams (and not barely) on the first attempt, and I had 14 interviews (with a handful of them being University programs), after only applying to 35 places. I went through the process w/o repeating, failing out, etc. I am not matching into Neurosurgery, but I am very pleased with how things have worked out.

Now... what I have realized over the past 4 years is that Ross is a crap-shoot. You are rolling the dice. But if you realize your capabilities, and know what you are capable of, then maybe it is not as big of a risk as you think. But if you know you fully applied yourself in undergrad and on the MCAT and you came up short, then re-evaluate your decision. Ross is not going to spoon-feed you, but if you come out alive, you will thrive in medicine b/c you did it on your own.

If I had a chance to go to a US allopathic med school, I would have taken the opportunity in a heartbeat, but these were the cards I was dealt.

So, with every success story there is a failure story, and vice-versa.

But only the student can control what happens to them.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If you take out a federal loan, you are obligated to repay it. Period, no ifs ands or buts. This is grown-up time - no freebies.

Tell that to Freddie Mac and the people who walk out on their mortgages. Hell, the New York Times economics writer Edmund Andrews is even proud of the fact he stopped paying his mortgage, even though he lied about his income to get the loan and could have avoided the entire debacle.

Education loans are probably the most draconian ones to have and not be able to repay. Most other loans can all be discharged through bankruptcy, not education loans though.

You're kidding me. Here's some perspective: There are about 450 people on that list, while Ross's class size each year is about 1,200.

Hmmm... 450 out of 1200, only 38% ended up matching?

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me how much AMGs hate on caribbean schools and students thinking they're doing a service to their patients and the general public when in fact NURSES are creeping their way and expanding their power into the realm of the MD.

Fair enough you always raise good points

Last edited:
1) I would just like to say that only 3 caribbean schools are allowed to get federal loans (SGU, AUC, and Ross). The other caribbean schools can only get private loans. So your tax dollars only pertain to those 3 schools. Even for those schools, your tax dollar is not wasted because they still have to repay those loans even after bankruptcy. It would be wasted if education loans can be wiped clean in bankruptcy but it's not.

2) For those who like to complain that caribbean students take 6 months to study for their steps. The caribbean schools are all year round. We do not get summers off like the US schools. Except for SGU which I believe follows the US schools in which they only have 2 semesters a year instead of 3. So caribbean students do not get that chance to review during their summers unlike the US counterpart. Also I don't think students take 6 months, maybe 3 months to study for step1. Of course if you fail, then you would need more time to study which might then be 6 months.

3) As far as debt goes. Ross is the only caribbean school I know of in which you have to repeat the entire semester if you failed one course. Therefore those students would need to borrow more and more money to finish med school. Again that is the only Caribbean school I know of that does that. It is also cheaper to go to some Caribbean schools than to a US school. If you look at Saba, their tuition is $8,750 a semester. One of the reasons it's so cheap its because they do not qualify for federal loans.

4) As far as clinicals go, they may rotate at less than stellar places however, the DO students rotate at the same rotations (from personal experience). Also these schools which are approved by state medical boards like CA and NY have their clinical sites visited by these state medical agencies every year to ensure they are up to US education standards. If not, then the school would lose their state approval.

5) Are there sad stories in going to a caribbean school, of course there are. I've also personally met students who flunk out of US md schools for personal reasons and are now in the Caribbean. So there are sad stories everywhere.

6) One of the reasons people go to the Caribbean is that instead of spending 2 years in a masters program to increase your chances of getting to a US med school, you can be finished in the island and be in clinical rotations with the other US students. In fact you might spend 2 years in a specials master program, and not get into US med school later on. You would have lost 2 years of your life as well as tuition.

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me how much AMGs hate on caribbean schools and students thinking they're doing a service to their patients and the general public when in fact NURSES are creeping their way and expanding their power into the realm of the MD.

We're not here to skate on carribbean medical students, we're here to draw attention to the fact that of the 1200 medical students who start at Ross, only 38% actually graduate and end up matching - that's a ridiculously low number. If you want to draw comparisons, Ross claims that their student body average MCAT and GPA is similar to that of DO schools, but even the most sketchy DO school in the US manages to graduate and find residencies for 85% of the people who start there. So the question is: what exactly is going on down there in the Carribbean? Surely, the other 62% who didn't graduate or match can't all be incompetent.

As for the nurses taking over the realm of the MD. Yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that cosmetologist want to do Botox injections and take over for dermatologists. I'm aware that optometrists want to take over what opthmatologist used to do. And I'm also aware that in the future, out radiology jobs will get outsourced to India. Someone always wants to take your job and fck your wife. What can you do?

Last edited:
Someone always wants to take your job and fck your wife. What can you do?[/QUOTE]:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:and your husband

I think Cairib schools assist in our way of life as Americans....don't want to finish HS get a GED....cant do welll on the SAT do the ACT...can not get into a university go to CC college. etc etc...I just think that the Carib schools can be an expensive alternative...is it really fair for a desperate person to make a deal with the devil? Some of these students are desperate to follow a dream because we as americans are taught you can be anything you want with hard work, and this is not true....I feel sorry for those students that made the deal with the devil and lost

We're not here to skate on carribbean medical students, we're here to draw attention to the fact that of the 1200 medical students who start at Ross, only 38% actually graduate and end up matching - that's a ridiculously low number. If you want to draw comparisons, Ross claims that their student body average MCAT and GPA is similar to that of DO schools, but even the most sketchy DO school in the US manages to graduate and find residencies for 85% of the people who start there. So the question is: what exactly is going on down there in the Carribbean? Surely, the other 62% who didn't graduate or match can't all be incompetent.

As for the nurses taking over the realm of the MD. Yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that cosmetologist want to do Botox injections and take over for dermatologists. I'm aware that optometrists want to take over what opthmatologist used to do. And I'm also aware that in the future, out radiology jobs will get outsourced to India. Someone always wants to take your job and fck your wife. What can you do?

I don't know where you are getting your stats from, but that article specifically showed 66% of Ross entering class graduates within 6 years. Of which 80% grab a residency. So it's the 20% that graduate which do not match, not the 62%.

Many many students drop out throughout their semesters, most in first and second year. Those who pass the step and make it through, have usually an 80% chance of matching. Those are the stats I have read in the article.

I don't know where you are getting your stats from, but that article specifically showed 66% of Ross entering class graduates within 6 years. Of which 80% grab a residency. So it's the 20% that graduate which do not match, not the 62%.

Many many students drop out throughout their semesters, most in first and second year. Those who pass the step and make it through, have usually an 80% chance of matching. Those are the stats I have read in the article.

No, the 38% (450 out of 1200) is the number of people who start at Ross and then manage to eventually match. That means that 62% of the people who start at Ross either dropped out or graduated but didn't match.

Based on your numbers, if 66% of people entering Ross graduate after 6 years and 80% of those manages to find a residency, only about 52% of those who originally entered Ross end up graduating and finding a residency after 6 years. It's higher than 38% (if you account for the additional 2 years, it possible that some of those who went unmatched successfully matched in subsequent years) but it's still a ridiculously low compared to some DO schools that have similar undergrad GPA and MCAT as Ross.

What are the numbers of SGU in comparison to Ross

ERAS sent a letter to SGU saying that 74% of SGU students that apply and go through the match end up matching into a residency. the attrition rate for SGU is considerably lower than ROSS's, but I would guess that about 75% graduate from SGU in 4 years.

Last edited:
"Your response to these issues are soft and not well thought out..."

That is your opinion.

"Right... because any education is beyond a bachelors is a waste of time/tuition unless it is medical school.?.?.? Not to mention that only 1/3 of Ross students finish in 4 years. That means that most students would be better off to take that time and invest it into a masters then pursue US MD/DO. Given these facts you would likely graduate in a comparable time frame and have more to show for it in a masters degree and a better shot at competitive residency positions given you have graduated as an AMG. "

I never stated anything above a bacherlors is a waste of time. If your goal is medicine, you can spend an extra 2 years doing a special masters and still end up not getting into medical school. However if you would've started med school in the Caribbean, you are already half way done.

"Again, to echo what was already said. I'm not here to rain on your caribbean parade. I just think people should know what lies ahead if they are considering this pathway. Weigh your options. Try everything option possible before making the decision to go carib. Beware of diminishing returns in pursuing a degree from the carib. You are not guaranteed anything."

Stop lying, I think you are trying to rain on my Caribbean parade :D.

Back to your comments:

1) Great so you agree. I was only talking about the so called wasted tax dollar not about the life of the student that flunk out. Like I said the student still has to repay his/her loans no matter what, so the tax dollar will be returned to the government. Also let's not forget that the student has every right to that tax dollar since he/she is a taxpayer too. I might also add that around 30% of students in the Caribbean are actually Canadians, so you don't have to worry about your US tax dollar wasted on them.

2) I never said AMGs review during their summer vacation. I said they have the CHANCE to. For the Caribbean students, they don't have that CHANCE. Also to note, I'm sure many students do not start studying right away once they are done in the island. In fact, people usually spend a month off to spend time with their families since they have been away for 1.5-2 years in the island. And just because they might be given 3-6 months to study, doesn't mean that they use all that time, just like you said before. AMG might have summers off, but they might not use it to review.That is same for IMGs.

3) Your statement is false. "ALL Caribbean schools have an avg debt WELL ABOVE US schools?" I've already stated the tuition for SABA which is well below the US schools. I'll be generous. Let's say for a US school the avg tuition for one year is $35,000. That is based on 2 semesters a year. So for SABA let's round off their tuition to $9,000 a semester x 2 = $18,000. Again, not ALL caribbean schools have debt higher than the US. You are probably talking about SGU which has the highest tuition fees in the Caribbean.

4) Yes the states like California and NY do site visits after their approval to make sure the sites are still up to par. As for Florida and Texas, those I have not seen them do site visits. I don't know if it is really based on GPA. For the most part, it is based on your USMLE score and how fast you passed it. Also some hospitals require >200 on the USMLE for you to be able to rotate there so it all makes sense.

5) I never asked you to say more. So you agree that AMGs flunk out too, just a lot less of course.

I hope SD is out for real, because you can get pretty negative.

I would like to give my 2 cents.
I recently withdrew from Ross. I was first semester student with 3.3 gpa and 25 mcat. I had MS degree as well. I read every forum article (both positive and negative) that I could find. I decided to try out the school for 1 semester and see how I like it.
Before anyone says anything I got solid Bs and As on my minis in all subjects so I wasn't flunking out.

Ross is definitely not for everyone. I recently had a chat with few post grads who scored above 220 on step 1 (one had 220 one had 240) and BOTH had hard time matching anywhere. One person told me he applied to 30 programs and had 4 interviews. Out of those 4, in two instances he was passed up by someone from US med school with lower stats then him. All being said, they both will probably get spot "somewhere" but the question is, is it worth it?
I know money and stability is big thing being a doctor (hey it is for me) but the way things are going, stability would be the only favorable thing in years to come. Money is definitely will not be there especially after you have to pay off your loans, pay for malpractice insurance and crap load of other things.
I weighted my odds and because I am in my early 30s it's not best option for me. I know that if I was straight out of college I would have stayed longer but since I am not, I don't want to risk it.
It is a VERY long road, at least 8 years and I wasn't going to invest in something where I could not see profit till I am in my 50s.

Now to speak of Ross from first hand experience. No questions it’s a money mill. My class had 600 students (more then 100 were repeaters). That being said, Ross got in trouble for that and starting next semester they capped the size to 300 or so. Still, that is A LOT of $$ for Ross. Second, unlike what many say here, overwhelming majority of students are very studious. I see people in library from 8am to 2am EVERY DAY. This is not just some, library is FULL with no space to sit, anywhere. In fact, many people study in classrooms and those are full. I wouldn't say that Ross takes in rejects I would just say they give chance to those who others wouldn't and I don't believe anyone students at Ross take it for granted. Everyone studies here. I haven't seen one person laying out on the beach during mini week.

I heard success stories just like everyone else, but 95% of stories I hear are either failures or close to it. I am sure majority who do make it (that 20% or so) will become doctors somewhere doing something. But will they be happy at what they do? I personally don't think so. Many here have this philosophy, "I don't care what kind of MD I am, I just want to be MD somewhere". Well I am pretty sure when they get there, they will realize that what they are saying is not always true.

And another thing, SGU and Ross are different schools. SGU is ranked higher then Ross and has a lot higher standards now then before. Maybe in part to clinicals and being able to get better residency spots

In the end NRMP doesn't lie. Take a look at # of US IMGs who matched to each specially and you will see that numbers are truly sad.

To those in carib schools now, I wish you all the best and hopefully you will not become "one of those" people talk about on forums such as this for years to come.

I would like to give my 2 cents.
I recently withdrew from Ross. I was first semester student with 3.3 gpa and 25 mcat. I had MS degree as well. I read every forum article (both positive and negative) that I could find. I decided to try out the school for 1 semester and see how I like it.
Before anyone says anything I got solid Bs and As on my minis in all subjects so I wasn't flunking out.

Ross is definitely not for everyone. I recently had a chat with few post grads who scored above 220 on step 1 (one had 220 one had 240) and BOTH had hard time matching anywhere. One person told me he applied to 30 programs and had 4 interviews. Out of those 4, in two instances he was passed up by someone from US med school with lower stats then him. All being said, they both will probably get spot "somewhere" but the question is, is it worth it?
I know money and stability is big thing being a doctor (hey it is for me) but the way things are going, stability would be the only favorable thing in years to come. Money is definitely will not be there especially after you have to pay off your loans, pay for malpractice insurance and crap load of other things.
I weighted my odds and because I am in my early 30s it's not best option for me. I know that if I was straight out of college I would have stayed longer but since I am not, I don't want to risk it.
It is a VERY long road, at least 8 years and I wasn't going to invest in something where I could not see profit till I am in my 50s.

Now to speak of Ross from first hand experience. No questions it’s a money mill. My class had 600 students (more then 100 were repeaters). That being said, Ross got in trouble for that and starting next semester they capped the size to 300 or so. Still, that is A LOT of $$ for Ross. Second, unlike what many say here, overwhelming majority of students are very studious. I see people in library from 8am to 2am EVERY DAY. This is not just some, library is FULL with no space to sit, anywhere. In fact, many people study in classrooms and those are full. I wouldn't say that Ross takes in rejects I would just say they give chance to those who others wouldn't and I don't believe anyone students at Ross take it for granted. Everyone studies here. I haven't seen one person laying out on the beach during mini week.

I heard success stories just like everyone else, but 95% of stories I hear are either failures or close to it. I am sure majority who do make it (that 20% or so) will become doctors somewhere doing something. But will they be happy at what they do? I personally don't think so. Many here have this philosophy, "I don't care what kind of MD I am, I just want to be MD somewhere". Well I am pretty sure when they get there, they will realize that what they are saying is not always true.

And another thing, SGU and Ross are different schools. SGU is ranked higher then Ross and has a lot higher standards now then before. Maybe in part to clinicals and being able to get better residency spots

In the end NRMP doesn't lie. Take a look at # of US IMGs who matched to each specially and you will see that numbers are truly sad.

To those in carib schools now, I wish you all the best and hopefully you will not become "one of those" people talk about on forums such as this for years to come.

being passed up by a US grad with lower stats isn't uncommon and is the norm. being an IMG you have to constantly prove yourself with higher board scores and grades than the US med students. when you say he had a tough time matching into anything do you mean he had a tough time matching into family medicine? or psychiatry? I doubt this person applied to those specialties. also applying to 30 programs isn't a lot, as an IMG you literally have to apply to as many programs as you can afford to, most people apply to close to 100 programs and then get only 10 or so interviews, of course if you apply to a field that's not as competitive you might apply to less but 30 programs is what US students apply to, as an IMG you have to apply to at least double that and those that succeed do, you also have to be ready to go anywhere for residency and that means Iowa, Detroit, where ever, because chances are you won't end up in NYC or Florida or California or any major city where US grads want to live. Also matching for IMGs is a struggle and will only get tougher as the number of US grads increases, so no one said it would be easy but based on your statement i guess those people ended up matching eventually? so that's fine then. these are the realities of carib med schools.

being passed up by a US grad with lower stats isn't uncommon and is the norm. being an IMG you have to constantly prove yourself with higher board scores and grades than the US med students. when you say he had a tough time matching into anything do you mean he had a tough time matching into family medicine? or psychiatry? I doubt this person applied to those specialties. also applying to 30 programs isn't a lot, as an IMG you literally have to apply to as many programs as you can afford to, most people apply to close to 100 programs and then get only 10 or so interviews, of course if you apply to a field that's not as competitive you might apply to less but 30 programs is what US students apply to, as an IMG you have to apply to at least double that and those that succeed do, you also have to be ready to go anywhere for residency and that means Iowa, Detroit, where ever, because chances are you won't end up in NYC or Florida or California or any major city where US grads want to live. Also matching for IMGs is a struggle and will only get tougher as the number of US grads increases, so no one said it would be easy but based on your statement i guess those people ended up matching eventually? so that's fine then. these are the realities of carib med schools.
not all match. There is a BIG number of Ross grads who didn't match last year. Of course some will match but that's out of what 50 students? Even if 20 match out of 50, what happens to other 30 who don't match and either have to go through scrammber, prelim, or try again next year. Its a crapshoot.

50 students? ROSS accepts like 1,200 sutdents a year so fine a good number drop out/fail out so maybe 700/800 go through the match every year. How many are on their list of those that match i didn't count but probably a few hundred, how many prematch? probably 10 to 20% (about 30% of SGU prematch). Sure people don't match but that's mostly for the reasons i listed in my private message to you. Being from one of the big4 your chance of matching is much better than all the other carib schools. SGU's match rate is 74% i doubt ROSS's is that much lower, it's been around for almost as long as SGU. if it was, Ross wouldn't be so popular or around for such a long time, or they bribe their students and are really good at covering things up and keeping people quiet, because it wouldn't stay in bussiness for this long if only 30 to 40% were able to match and get a residency. most of those that get into Ross can get into SGU so why would anyone go to Ross if they had such a lower chance of matching when compared to SGU?