This has been asked before but...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Megalofyia

425 lbs and growing
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
since I can't easily and quickly find this answer. Which of the Caribbean schools is the best? If you had to rank them how would it go?

Thanks so much for this information!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe Saba would rank before St. Matthews. In addition to that, St. Matthews is only 5 years old.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) know each schools usmle pass rate
2) know how many MAKE it to the boards with their class (is a poss rate of 90% means nothing if only hafl of the entering class make it with their class
3)can you get licensure in all 50 states (or the ones youre likely to practice in?
4)can you get the residency you want from that school (they aren't all equal)
5)are all rotations acgme approved? If not you can run into trouble 10s of thousands of dollars and several years later.
6)cost, lifestyle for the two years etc.

Its not a simple question you ask with a simple answer. An aspiring FP doc who wants to practice in nyc may have different options to an aspiring Er doc who wants to go to california.

Originally posted by Megalofyia
since I can't easily and quickly find this answer. Which of the Caribbean schools is the best? If you had to rank them how would it go?

What about reverse? I mean, if someone asked you and you had to say what Carb. school NOT to go, which ones will you mention?

Thank you.
(btw, it's not for me. I'm in the dental area.)

St.George's
Ross
AUC or Saba
St.Matthews
St.Eustatius
The rest