SJSM has more Canadian matches this year than AUA?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashcooley

Reaction score
AUA is obviously a better school but I just saw that Saint James had significantly more Canadian matches this year than did AUA. I have seen people talking about how SJSM has improved a fair amount in recent years but...I find it hard to believe that they'd be a better option (especially for Canadians) than AUA.

Does anyone have any insights?

I'm Canadian and applying to a few Caribbean schools. I'd ideally like to practice in Canada, but my husband is American so it's not really an issue to apply for the US match as well.

Members don't see this ad.

AUA is obviously a better school but I just saw that Saint James had significantly more Canadian matches this year than did AUA. I have seen people talking about how SJSM has improved a fair amount in recent years but...I find it hard to believe that they'd be a better option (especially for Canadians) than AUA.

5 AUA matches in Canada vs 8 from SJ?
Without knowing the denominator (the number of Canadian applicants who wanted to match in Canada) there is no way to interpret this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

I'm Canadian and applying to a few Caribbean schools. I'd ideally like to practice in Canada, but my husband is American so it's not really an issue to apply for the US match as well.
They are under no obligation to tell the truth.

Also, what they call "matches" might very well be one year preliminary positions, which will require you to go back into the match the following year.

AUA, St James and Spartans are the worst 3 Caribbean schools where a Canadian could go. only surpassed by ALl Saints and Aureus and Avalon....As a premed president I was able to attend many info sessions and also be in touch with a lot of students who went to different schools. Everyone knows that SGU, Ross and AUC are the best schools in The Caribbean, Saba is also an option. From all school though AUA is the most dangerous as they changed the curriculum to independent study and not formal education and they push everyone to fail a few semesters to take more tuition money as they are not able to teach students to succeed to pass ....avoid AUA!