Thinking about Pod, some questions I need help with

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScarletKnights

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm thinking about sending my application in to some Pod schools near me such as NYCPM, Temple, and maybe even Barry since they have been sending me flyers and such in the mail. I am just wondering if you guys think it might be too late for me to apply. I would have to be verified and send my transcripts in. Also, is a podiatrist letter of recommendation required for admission to those schools? I will be applying for the Fall semester.

Here's a little about myself: 2.96 overall GPA, 2.76 sGPA, 25Q MCAT. I have alot of retakes because I was originally planning on going to DO school. I have D's in Bio 1 & 2 but retook them for A's. I know for Pod school all my grades count and not just the retakes so I averaged everything together.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, I'm thinking about sending my application in to some Pod schools near me such as NYCPM, Temple, and maybe even Barry since they have been sending me flyers and such in the mail. I am just wondering if you guys think it might be too late for me to apply. I would have to be verified and send my transcripts in. Also, is a podiatrist letter of recommendation required for admission to those schools? I will be applying for the Fall semester.

Here's a little about myself: 2.96 overall GPA, 2.76 sGPA, 25Q MCAT. I have alot of retakes because I was originally planning on going to DO school. I have D's in Bio 1 & 2 but retook them for A's. I know for Pod school all my grades count and not just the retakes so I averaged everything together.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

You will definitely be accepted somewhere with those stats! I am sure of it.

You have to have a letter from a podiatrist for acceptance. I think Temple wants 2 letters but one may suffice.

They want to see that you have shown interest in podiatry... aka not applying out of the blue because it sounds like fun or didnt get in anywhere else.

*note - I am not implying that you have not done research/are not interested. Its just what the schools want to see

Last edited by a moderator:
You will have your choice of several schools if you apply in the next month or two