Things to do before test day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Timbo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been told a bunch of stuff. I don't know if they're all good ideas or not. Let me know what you guys think or if you have any to add:
- exercise the day before
- eat a full dinner the day before
- sleeping pills to get a good night's sleep
- avoid caffeine, energy drink, and sugar before test
- masturbate?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been told a bunch of stuff. I don't know if they're all good ideas or not. Let me know what you guys think or if you have any to add:
- exercise the day before
- eat a full dinner the day before
- sleeping pills to get a good night's sleep
- avoid caffeine, energy drink, and sugar before test
- masturbate?
:laugh: @ the last one...

My biggest problem is the avoid caffeine part, but I'll have to, as I don't want to hold it the whole time before break...Might be sleepy, but maybe the adrenaline and anxiety will help with the tiredness.

Careful on the sleeping pills...it can make you groggy if you wake up before the effect is worn off. Allow 8+ hours (I'd say at least 9) if you take sleeping pills to aid in sleep before the test.

I'd say REST and RELAX the night before. None of this cramming business people...If you want to look over equations, do so, but only for an hour or so. Allow your mind some rest! Good luck all who are taking it on the 20th!

You should be exercising every day anyways, it's proven prophylaxis for many neurodegenerative disorders. Anyways, here is what I am planning for my PCAT next week.

-9 hours of sleep
-Nice big healthy breakfast 2.5 hours before the exam to allow for optimal digestion(thinking big bowl of granola, and some fruit)
-my daily vitamin/supplement regimen (Omega-3, Multivitamin, L-methylfolate, N-Acetyl-Tyrosine)
-Ride my bike to the testing center which is about 4 miles from my house.
-DO WORK!!

What kind of snack are you people packing btw?

Members don't see this ad :)
what sleepin pills work best and not have drowsy/grogginess/confusion/forgetfulness etc. side effect? or are those side effect rare?

have you guys tried any sleeping pills and was it worth it??

i don't want the pill to affect me on the test day ..

what sleepin pills work best and not have drowsy/grogginess/confusion/forgetfulness etc. side effect? or are those side effect rare?

I'd try a natural supplement like Melatonin instead.

Don't take sleeping pills the night before the test. Start getting your sleep schedule in order this week instead.

avoid caffeine, energy drink, and sugar before test

This may not be true...if you've studied under the influence of caffeine, sugar, etc., your recall will be better on test day if you use that same substance (state-dependent memory). If you're used to drinking a morning coffee or soda, or studied using energy drinks, you're probably better off keeping that same routine on test day. If you don't, your memory might be impaired. Basically, don't make drastic changes, and you'll be fine. :)