Pcat test on Feb 8th- Practice test help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Purple Roses

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I did not prepare well on the Pcat so I got really low score ( about 30%) in Jan. I am retaking the Pcat test in Feb 8. I bought the 3 Pearson practice exams for $90 and I think I did well on the practice exam, but I am so scare of the coming actual Pcat. Can anyone please tell me if the practice exam is similar to the actual test or completely different? I have to do well on this Pcat for my admission's sake this year. Please let me know. Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking it on Feb 8 too. I've heard the actual PCAT is a little bit harder. Especially on the critical reading and math.

Hello everyone
I did not prepare well on the Pcat so I got really low score ( about 30%) in Jan. I am retaking the Pcat test in Feb 8. I bought the 3 Pearson practice exams for $90 and I think I did well on the practice exam, but I am so scare of the coming actual Pcat. Can anyone please tell me if the practice exam is similar to the actual test or completely different? I have to do well on this Pcat for my admission's sake this year. Please let me know. Thank you in advance
I didn't do the Pearson practice tests, I only studied Dr. Collins because of time constraints and it more simplified. However, I'm on the same boat as you, doing it on Feb 8th and worried Whether i know enough or not. I think right now is not the time to ask yourself Whether you are ready or not, just keep the info you learned in your brain because thinking of what you don't know will actually make you not know anything during the exam!
Anyhow, good luck for everyone;)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't do the Pearson practice tests, I only studied Dr. Collins because of time constraints and it more simplified. However, I'm on the same boat as you, doing it on Feb 8th and worried Whether i know enough or not. I think right now is not the time to ask yourself Whether you are ready or not, just keep the info you learned in your brain because thinking of what you don't know will actually make you not know anything during the exam!
I did not buy the Collins study guide because I hear it is expensive, my budget is around $100 so the Pearson test price is afforable =( I had not taken the practice test or anything before I took my Pcat in Jan, and my result was terrible. I am hoping I am doing okay and my score will be higher. I dont think I am really ready for the test but I have to take it anyway. Good luck to you too.

what time are you taking the test? Im taking at 8am so I am so worried now =( good luck anyway
I saw some people here say the actual Pcat is easier than the practice exam but I dont know =( I really want to know if the Pearson practice test can help?

I found the Pearson exams to be pretty similar to the real thing in terms of difficulty. I, too, was on a budget and could only purchase 2 practice exams. Best $70 investment.
If you took them under timed conditions the scores you get will be a good estimate of your actual PCAT score. When you take them focus on test taking skills like speed/timing, estimating answers, knowing when to skip a question to come back to it, etc.

Have you taken any practice tests yet?

I found the Pearson exams to be pretty similar to the real thing in terms of difficulty. I, too, was on a budget and could only purchase 2 practice exams. Best $70 investment.
If you took them under timed conditions the scores you get will be a good estimate of your actual PCAT score. When you take them focus on test taking skills like speed/timing, estimating answers, knowing when to skip a question to come back to it, etc.

Have you taken any practice tests yet?
I already taken three practice exam but still have no confidence for the actual test on this Wed =( My score is about 78% on the test 7 and 86% on the 5 and 6. Hope I will do well on the actual test like the practice exam ( sigh)

I already taken three practice exam but still have no confidence for the actual test on this Wed =( My score is about 78% on the test 7 and 86% on the 5 and 6. Hope I will do well on the actual test like the practice exam ( sigh)
I bought all 3 exams but I didn't take them in a normal test condition.

did you do all of Collins math packets? I only did 2 lol

Hey those are great practice scores. I think you'll do fine on the actual test. You must have a good grasp of the material to be scoring consistently there.

I did not buy the Collins study guide because I hear it is expensive, my budget is around $100 so the Pearson test price is afforable =( I had not taken the practice test or anything before I took my Pcat in Jan, and my result was terrible. I am hoping I am doing okay and my score will be higher. I dont think I am really ready for the test but I have to take it anyway. Good luck to you too.
Check your inbox

If you're taking the test tomorrow like me I suggest going to sleep early. If you don't know the material by now you probably won't know it in a few hours. Stressing about it would only confuse you. Good luck