Things/people that bother/annoy me in pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hate it even more when they wear a different school's hoodie. Its not a pharmacy school thing, but its the undergrads. We have tons of UB, Niagara, Canisius, etc at Fisher. Maybe its their boyfriends/girlfriends school? No idea.

I guess if it were the pharmacy students, and thats where they went for undergrad, it would be okay. But it isnt, its undergrads who seem to wish they went elsewhere.

haha, I'll bet they're invoking the hoodie significant other rule, which I have invoked many times before.

Members don't see this ad.

And along these lines.. one thing that pisses me off is the constant number of fundraisers the student leaders are having. Do i look like i have extra money to give away every week? You can tell they're probably just doing it to pad their "student council resume". I personally refuse to support that nonsense. When I have money someday i'll donate to people who are needy, but i'm not paying $10 for a bowl of chili to support somebody's resume padding. Like this so called "social event" tonight for the school.. When I pay a cover charge at an event, I expect to either get free food, free drinks, reduced price drinks, strippers or at the very least live entertainment. However in this case... it's going to support absolutely nothing except to pad the coffers of the student councils. What a ****ing waste. Paying once to get in and then paying again to drink? Not my kind of "social event"

haha...then don't go, you're in NYC, tons of other social options abound.

There was a school somewhere else in PA that had a fundraiser for a "required" class supplement that was "only" available through one of the organizations on-campus. My friend forwarded me the email and it had no ISBN/title/author data...just essentially said "it's required, it's not at the bookstore, you can only get it through us, and we're not telling you the info for the book so you can research otherwise." Total conflict of interest despite the supplement being cheaper this way. I think they ended up getting called out for it and released the info later.

(full disclosure: turns out the faculty had a hook-up and were able to procure it for cheap, but the initial email was shady)

Also, ditto on the first one. It's a little cheesy when people buy every single piece of merchandise the school offers. I see a lot of people sporting SOP mugs and SOP water bottles with their hoodies. Yeah i'm sure everyone else in the class knows by now that these people are REALLY into supporting the school of pharmacy! And i bet everyone outside the school does too!

Don't get me wrong here - I have a school of pharmacy hoodie. I wear it to other places, where people might not know that I go there. It's a good conversation starter, and it's a damned comfortable hoodie. Also, I bought a mug because it seemed like a pretty good deal on a decent mug. I dropped it on the second day I had it and broke the lid. D'oh.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha...then don't go, you're in NYC, tons of other social options abound.

There was a school somewhere else in PA that had a fundraiser for a "required" class supplement that was "only" available through one of the organizations on-campus. My friend forwarded me the email and it had no ISBN/title/author data...just essentially said "it's required, it's not at the bookstore, you can only get it through us, and we're not telling you the info for the book so you can research otherwise." Total conflict of interest despite the supplement being cheaper this way. I think they ended up getting called out for it and released the info later.

(full disclosure: turns out the faculty had a hook-up and were able to procure it for cheap, but the initial email was shady)

We had one of these. It wasn't a textbook, though, it was class notes, and you really couldn't get them anywhere else because the professors wrote them. I guess if you took copious notes in lecture you wouldn't really need them, but otherwise you really had to get them through the student organization and they only offered them once, before the semester even started.

I bought them.

Well yeah, when your school doesn't even have a football program. :bang:

It always pissed me off that LIU didn't have a football program, usually I wore a Hofstra hoodie since I was accepted there but declined it. Now Hofstra dropped their football program, what the ****, are there any elite sports colleges/universities in NYC or in the NYC Metropolitan Area?

I never get why it is that people come from all over the country to study at schools in NYC, but no one wants to come here to play for schools in NYC.
Lets not talk football... thursday night... yeah.... :(

I hate it even more when they wear a different school's hoodie. Its not a pharmacy school thing, but its the undergrads. We have tons of UB, Niagara, Canisius, etc at Fisher. Maybe its their boyfriends/girlfriends school? No idea.

I guess if it were the pharmacy students, and thats where they went for undergrad, it would be okay. But it isnt, its undergrads who seem to wish they went elsewhere.

I rather wear my Canisius hoodie anyday over my UB one. but then again thats my alma mater.

40) (What number are we really on?) People that wear the school hoody to class. Really, I know where you go to school. And there are 10 of you wearing that same shirt today.

I notice people doing that at my school sometimes. We have a T-shirt for our school that we got in the beginning of the semester, and sometimes by coincidence, there will be 20-30 people wearing that shirt. Oh, and if you're wearing the shirt and you see a pretty girl at school wearing the same shirt, it can give you an excuse to talk to her and not seem so creepy or awkward :laugh:

haha, I'll bet they're invoking the hoodie significant other rule, which I have invoked many times before.

Don't get me wrong here - I have a school of pharmacy hoodie. I wear it to other places, where people might not know that I go there. It's a good conversation starter, and it's a damned comfortable hoodie. Also, I bought a mug because it seemed like a pretty good deal on a decent mug. I dropped it on the second day I had it and broke the lid. D'oh.

I rather wear my Canisius hoodie anyday over my UB one. but then again thats my alma mater.

I've noticed people at my school doing the same thing. It's understandable if it's from undergrad since we usually can tell where people went to school since 95% of us are in-state residents.

But there are few who would wear hoodies from schools they never attended just because they got it from a visit. Sometimes you can tell that they are definitely not from the school that appears on their hoodie :laugh:

But the UB hoodies are so warm!

I bought a UB t-shirt from the shop in the Commons, it was on clearance and in colors I liked. You know how there are good quality t-shirts and not-so-good quality ones? This one is seriously godawful. Screen printed logo's peeling off, it's getting that pilled texture, it is such a POS.

Not in pharmacy school, but kind of annoying: I was in the computer part of the health sciences library the other night, and there was a group of people there who were not only being loud as hell, they had brought chips and soda with them. No, I mean a big bag of chips that was sitting out on the desk with the computers and 2 liter bottles and cups. And yes, someone naturally knocked over her soda. How do you get away with that? I'm surprised only a few people shushed them. I don't expect the library to be completely silent, but it's a library, ffs. And you're not the only ones who have studying to do.

I bought a UB t-shirt from the shop in the Commons, it was on clearance and in colors I liked. You know how there are good quality t-shirts and not-so-good quality ones? This one is seriously godawful. Screen printed logo's peeling off, it's getting that pilled texture, it is such a POS.

Not in pharmacy school, but kind of annoying: I was in the computer part of the health sciences library the other night, and there was a group of people there who were not only being loud as hell, they had brought chips and soda with them. No, I mean a big bag of chips that was sitting out on the desk with the computers and 2 liter bottles and cups. And yes, someone naturally knocked over her soda. How do you get away with that? I'm surprised only a few people shushed them. I don't expect the library to be completely silent, but it's a library, ffs. And you're not the only ones who have studying to do.

That happens at my school too. It's usually med students that are really loud and eating and drinking. When it's girls studying together, they're usually quiet. But when it's a group of guys, they're kinda loud, and when it's a group of guys and girls, it's the loudest :laugh:

I also hate people who leave their stuff lying around on a computer desk with the computer still signed on and don't come back to hours. I find that in the evenings, it's the quietest time to study since a lot of commuters have gone home. If I see any students in there, it's usually med students who are studying late.

Starting next semester, I'm thinking about trying to "shush" people whenever I feel annoyed by how loud they are. I mean, we're not in college anymore and some people in my class still need to grow up.

Well yeah, when your school doesn't even have a football program. :bang:

It always pissed me off that LIU didn't have a football program, usually I wore a Hofstra hoodie since I was accepted there but declined it. Now Hofstra dropped their football program, what the ****, are there any elite sports colleges/universities in NYC or in the NYC Metropolitan Area?

I never get why it is that people come from all over the country to study at schools in NYC, but no one wants to come here to play for schools in NYC.

Doesn't Fordham have a football team? They're from NYC right? I know they aren't "elite" or anything though, if that's what you meant.

I notice people doing that at my school sometimes. We have a T-shirt for our school that we got in the beginning of the semester, and sometimes by coincidence, there will be 20-30 people wearing that shirt. Oh, and if you're wearing the shirt and you see a pretty girl at school wearing the same shirt, it can give you an excuse to talk to her and not seem so creepy or awkward :laugh:

I've noticed people at my school doing the same thing. It's understandable if it's from undergrad since we usually can tell where people went to school since 95% of us are in-state residents.

But there are few who would wear hoodies from schools they never attended just because they got it from a visit. Sometimes you can tell that they are definitely not from the school that appears on their hoodie :laugh:

You really like pretty girls huh? LOL I'm just messin.

Anyway... it's funny you say this because I'm wearing a Yale Equestrian shirt that I got on a visit. I've obviously never attended Yale, but I thought it was an interesting school and I like horses. It's the only other school I own something from besides my own though. I fully intend on supporting my undergrad and pharmacy school strictly (that is if I ever get accepted) :laugh:

You really like pretty girls huh? LOL I'm just messin.

Anyway... it's funny you say this because I'm wearing a Yale Equestrian shirt that I got on a visit. I've obviously never attended Yale, but I thought it was an interesting school and I like horses. It's the only other school I own something from besides my own though. I fully intend on supporting my undergrad and pharmacy school strictly (that is if I ever get accepted) :laugh:

I'm the only one from my undergrad in my P1 class. Also the only one from my high school graduating class. I knew 2/120 people before the first day of pharmacy school, so I had to get busy with meeting new people :laugh:

I look at "supporting your pharmacy school strictly" to be important in things like APhA-ASP meetings when I go to MRM with 10-20 schools from the same region. There, you're kinda defined by which school you are from. But you can also realize that you get along better with people from other schools and other states. When I went to region 6 MRM in OKC, I got along very well with pharmacy students from OU. They seemed really nice. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)

I know what you are talking about. The only place I can successfully study at UB is the law library....

Its really unfortunate but there is a distinct difference between the canisius library and the ub libraries, people were actually quiet. It was amazing.

Doesn't Fordham have a football team? They're from NYC right? I know they aren't "elite" or anything though, if that's what you meant.

They might, but see the thing is, I'm trying to figure out why it is that none of the CUNY city colleges or even LIU do not have a football team.

Oh yeah, btw, congrats to Mike for WVU beating Rutgers.

*shudder* That was on my list of deal-breakers when considering schools. Being able to dress however I want is high on my list of criteria for my ideal job.

might be true but our campus is definitely one of the most professional looking campus u'll ever see. All scrubs or professional cloth... if u're in a professional program u should start acting like it and may be dress like it i don't know...

yes i'm from nova and no i'm not saying this to back up nova...

might be true but our campus is definitely one of the most professional looking campus u'll ever see. All scrubs or professional cloth... if u're in a professional program u should start acting like it and may be dress like it i don't know...

yes i'm from nova and no i'm not saying this to back up nova...

Professionalism should be defined by things other than dress and clothing attire. A bunch of people at my school dress like hippies, yet I still get the feeling of "greatness" and being at one of the most advanced scientific and medical institutions in the world when rushing through our halls to my classes.

Professionalism should be defined by things other than dress and clothing attire. A bunch of people at my school dress like hippies, yet I still get the feeling of "greatness" and being at one of the most advanced scientific and medical institutions in the world when rushing through our halls to my classes.

I only saw that at my undergrad.

They might, but see the thing is, I'm trying to figure out why it is that none of the CUNY city colleges or even LIU do not have a football team.

Oh yeah, btw, congrats to Mike for WVU beating Rutgers.

Space is probably the main reason.

Space is probably the main reason.

Possibly. But I think that the field next to LIU Brooklyn can be used for a football game, once they add some uprights and whatnot. The main problem is that there is very little room for fans.

However, I mean for the big games, surely they could work out a deal with the Jets or Giants to host their games there.

I hate the fact that my professors decided to make my exams back to back to back to back next week. FML! :mad:

On top of that, my PDA professors got behind in lecture so they decided to give us the notes on vasodilators/AntiHTN that they would have taught us and make it worth 50% of the final.

FMLFMLFML :bullcrap:

I hate the fact that my professors decided to make my exams back to back to back to back next week. FML! :mad:

On top of that, my PDA professors got behind in lecture so they decided to give us the notes on vasodilators/AntiHTN that they would have taught us and make it worth 50% of the final.

FMLFMLFML :bullcrap:

Dang :eek:
PDA as in Principles of Drug Action? That's one course I am not looking forward to next semester :laugh:

I wouldn't be surprised if security hauled in one of my professors, as he looks like a typical crazy homeless guy. All he needs is a shopping cart full of cans.

Brilliant guy, but Jesus H. Christ, take a little care of yourself. That's where I draw the line as far as appearance and professionalism. I can be professional in jeans and a t-shirt. There's a difference between casual and gross--if you're in a health care field, you should be showering and brushing your teeth. If patients avoid you because you look like you slept in a dumpster, that's unprofessional.

Here's a gem of a quote.

"As long as you're all above average, you'll be fine."

:eyebrow::smack:

That came out of the mouth of my Pharmacy Calculations teacher. Apparently they changed what average meant. Who knew?

Here's a gem of a quote.

That came out of the mouth of my Pharmacy Calculations teacher. Apparently they changed what average meant. Who knew?

:laugh:

My calculations teacher would never say that. I think she would tell us to be more concerned about our personal performance rather than class averages, which she never tells us.

She did tell us that one of her students, who is a hospital pharmacist now, said that she uses calculations everyday. So our teacher keeps telling us that calculations is important.

Here's a gem of a quote.

Take a nap when you got home? I thought you would post this immediately after class.

Okay great!

I hate it when certain profs go through their slides so slowly that I want to bang my head against the desk to alleviate the boredom and then they ask, "Am I going too fast?"

Shoot. Me. Now.

I hate it when certain profs go through their slides so slowly that I want to bang my head against the desk to alleviate the boredom and then they ask, "Am I going too fast?"

Shoot. Me. Now.

I had a biochem professor who did that. Everyone else would not pay attention since it was so boring for them, and whenever she explained something, they said she didn't make any sense. I paid attention to everything she said, and understood concepts she taught. Oh, I've got a great example of how people in my class don't pay attention to her.

In our hand outs, she lists 10 essential amino acids and 10 nonessential amino acids. She explains in class that some texts differ in the number of essential amino acids depending on their reasoning (like some can be considered nonessential if it is produced in the body at all, and the same ones can be considered essential because it is produced at insufficient amounts). When she said that, people thought she meant we should memorize 9 essential amino acids and 11 nonessential amino acids, but this wasn't the case. She was only saying 9 E aa. and 11 NE aa. to show us why the texts differ.

Then on our test, we had a question about this, and many people missed it because they refused to go with what was in our handouts. They kept arguing that the professor said that 10 E aa. and 10 NE aa. was wrong, so those students eliminated that on a multiple choice question and picked a different answer. When I read through the question and choices after the test, the choice they (as in the students who missed it) picked was completely unrelated. They started arguing that "there was no correct answer." Even if they say that, the directions say to "pick the best answer that completes the statement or answers the question." So, even if they thought a choice was wrong, if it would best complete the statement, they should have picked it.

They were challenging the question because the correct answer was inconsistent with what the professor told them. If they had been paying attention and not just memorizing everything the professor said, they would have realized that she was explaining why the number of essential amino acids differ from text to text, and NOT about what we needed to know for the test.

Shoot. Me. Now.
i was told by quite a few of my undergrad teachers that u shoud spend 1 minute per slide at max. Nice and simple right? I hate this as well. People have short attention spans.

i was told by quite a few of my undergrad teachers that u shoud spend 1 minute per slide at max. Nice and simple right? I hate this as well. People have short attention spans.

Yeah, if you have a Ph.D. :laugh:

There's one guy in my class who has a Ph.D. He probably did that with biochem slides this semester. :laugh:

I don't mind spending a lot of time on a complicated concept but if it just isn't that difficult and I understand it the first time through, it is hard to sit through the lecture when I know they are going to explain it four more times.

Yeah, if you have a Ph.D. :laugh:

There's one guy in my class who has a Ph.D. He probably did that with biochem slides this semester. :laugh:
why not, with every presentation that i have ever given I have stuck to this rule. It works well and never have gotten a bad grade on a presentation ever
I don't mind spending a lot of time on a complicated concept but if it just isn't that difficult and I understand it the first time through, it is hard to sit through the lecture when I know they are going to explain it four more times.

i agree with that

Dang :eek:
PDA as in Principles of Drug Action? That's one course I am not looking forward to next semester :laugh:

Yes, and the class is amazing. Only problem is, I question if our medicinal professors even have a high school diploma. Also, we had 12 different professors last semester for PDA which made for an interesting final examination where we had to raise our hand and then hope the professor we needed was looking our way xD

Students who spend more effort arguing points they missed than they did studying for the exam.

When professors don't post grades, including test and actual class grades, in a timely manner......:(

I agree, spending too much time on the powerpoint slides makes it HARD to pay attention. Do any of your pharmacy schools use blackboard? My undergrad used it and we had all of our powerpoint presentations available to download from there. In the lecture halls we had these desk where you pressed a rectangular section and it flipped up to expose electrical sockets for the computer. So basically everyone would give the slides a once over and start facebooking or instant messaging their neighbor if the professor was going slow. That's another thing... no one ever spoke to each other during the lecturing but we would give each other our AIM names and talk through messaging so we couldn't get in trouble or disturb others.

I really don't like when group members want to complain about the grades either. I had 3 group papers in a business class this quarter and we got 85/90's on all of them, which is a low A. They STILL wanted to email the professor and ask whyyy we got 5 points taken off. That's sort of disrespectful IMO... especially if the professor makes notes on the paper to illustrate the mistakes and you still get an A.

Students who spend more effort arguing points they missed than they did studying for the exam.

I see this at my school so many times.

When professors don't post grades, including test and actual class grades, in a timely manner......:(

Most of my professor are good about posting grades quickly. It's classes like ones where there are 200-300 students that it may take a week or more.

I agree, spending too much time on the powerpoint slides makes it HARD to pay attention. Do any of your pharmacy schools use blackboard? My undergrad used it and we had all of our powerpoint presentations available to download from there.

My school uses BlackBoard all the time. Only some of our powerpoints are actually uploaded online though. In the beginning of the semester, we always get a set of course notes we can purchase, which is like a combination of study guides and powerpoint slides.

In the lecture halls we had these desk where you pressed a rectangular section and it flipped up to expose electrical sockets for the computer. So basically everyone would give the slides a once over and start facebooking or instant messaging their neighbor if the professor was going slow. That's another thing... no one ever spoke to each other during the lecturing but we would give each other our AIM names and talk through messaging so we couldn't get in trouble or disturb others.

I wish people at my school would quit talking in the middle of those lectures. It's always the same people from the same undergrad. We all hate them, but those kids think they're cool :laugh: Sometimes we all want to just smack them on the head or yell at them for not learning to grow up and be professional in a classroom.

I really don't like when group members want to complain about the grades either. I had 3 group papers in a business class this quarter and we got 85/90's on all of them, which is a low A. They STILL wanted to email the professor and ask whyyy we got 5 points taken off. That's sort of disrespectful IMO... especially if the professor makes notes on the paper to illustrate the mistakes and you still get an A.

That just shows you that those students care more about getting an A than actually learning something. In pharmacy school, you might hear people say "I'd rather not have an A and understand this stuff than to ace those tests without understanding some of it."

I see this at my school so many times.

Most of my professor are good about posting grades quickly. It's classes like ones where there are 200-300 students that it may take a week or more.

My school uses BlackBoard all the time. Only some of our powerpoints are actually uploaded online though. In the beginning of the semester, we always get a set of course notes we can purchase, which is like a combination of study guides and powerpoint slides.

I wish people at my school would quit talking in the middle of those lectures. It's always the same people from the same undergrad. We all hate them, but those kids think they're cool :laugh: Sometimes we all want to just smack them on the head or yell at them for not learning to grow up and be professional in a classroom.

That just shows you that those students care more about getting an A than actually learning something. In pharmacy school, you might hear people say "I'd rather not have an A and understand this stuff than to ace those tests without understanding some of it."

I just hope the schools that I apply to know that about me. LOL I have a decent GPA but I could have definitely done better if it wasn't for dumb situations that I really don't even think the adcom will care about (randomly selected dorm roommates that turned out to be raging drug addicts, moving off campus, chosing to work, etc). I scored in the mid 90's on biology, chemistry, and reading on the PCAT, and now that I am taking some of the pre-reqs not offered at my university I know for a fact I definitely retained more information than some students who only care about their high GPA. I catch on to things quickly and understand them, it's just that sometimes I had my priorites all screwed up during my junior year in college because I was worried about paying my bills and working when I should have just said forget it and focused on school only. My roommate transferred schools in the middle of the year and I got stuck scrambling to find someone new and paying off a 250/month electric bill because she had two other friends living in our living room who didn't chip in. Do you think that is even worth mentioning when they ask about any lower grades you made and stuff? I don't even think I made a C in a pre-requisite, just a degree elective, but still. I just feel like a whiner when I talk about it.

stories sound like whining only if they are accompanied by such a tone.
If you tell it like a story filled with twists and turns and finally with an insightful lesson or moral, it wont sound like whining at all. In fact, it would sound like a compelling story teller holding your audience by the tip of their ears.

Im sure your interviewers would be intrigued by your adventure or misadventures with such kinds of roommates, so long as you include a hard lesson learned or deep deep maturation of some sort by such experiences. If you say youve learned something, it makes the story professional and formal, even if there are juicy juicy details. If you just tell all the mishaps and shenanigans without a lesson learned, it just sounds like normal gossip, informal, and unprofessional.
Best of luck

Last edited:
stories sound like whining only if they are accompanied by a whining tone.
If you tell it like a story filled with twists and turns and finally with an insightful lesson or moral, it wont sound like whining at all. In fact, it would sound like a compelling story teller holding your audience by the tip of their ears.

Im sure your interviewers would be intrigued by your adventure or misadventures with such kinds of roommates, so long as you include a hard lesson learned or deep deep maturation of some sort by such experiences. If you say youve learned something, it makes the story professional and formal, even if there are juicy juicy details. If you just tell all the mishaps and shenanigans without a lesson learned, it just sounds like normal gossip, informal, and unprofessional.
Best of luck

Thank you! I mean, the stories are kind of interesting from an informal point of view... I learned a few lessons, plus some of them are rather funny but unfortunate. I just don't want to seem like I'm making excuses because I'm really not, if they never asked me I would probably just keep it to myself but they specifically asked on all my supplementals. Plus I have a feeling they will ask if I get an interview because I had great grades my first two years, and my senior year I made A's and B's. Plus I never failed a class... my GPA went down my junior year because I had some C's and not enough A's. :oops:

I definitely learned a lot... I'm not going to lie, my high school years and early college was pretty comfortable, but I can now say that I have had some experience with the various things that can go wrong in the real world. I'm just lucky that I wasn't one of those kids who had to quit school entirely and go home because their parents lost their jobs completely or they had a really sick parent or something worse. I know some people who had to do that, they weren't planning on going to professional school or anything but they were so dissapointed and I miss them a lot so I can imagine how they feel and how they miss school.

I'd like an explanation for why those 5 points were taken off, but I wouldn't argue it. It depends on the tone of the request I suppose.

I'd like an explanation for why those 5 points were taken off, but I wouldn't argue it. It depends on the tone of the request I suppose.

:thumbup: as in I agree.

Sometimes on BlackBoard (where we take tests online), our professor releases the tests after they are graded. Then we can post challenges on the discussions, and some people come up with the most ridiculous things ever to try to justify why they picked a certain answer. About half of the time, they were mistaken and didn't read the questions carefully.

I especially hate that for MULTIPLE CHOICE exams. I can somewhat understand that if the exams were writing a paper...but on MULTIPLE choice exams its downright stupid. There can only be ONE answer...either you got it right or wrong! If the answer is B and you put D, then its WRONG, why argue? Or worst try to make the professor change the right answer to the wrong answer so you can get an extra two points! :rolleyes:

Yeah, that is annoying too...I took my final exam online today on blackboard and the grade is still not up...why can't they just release the grade right after the exam? :confused: Its not like they actually have to physically grade the exam by hand...its all by computer now!

The only professor I know who is fast about grading and posting grades is my pharmaceutics professor. Our tests are multiple choice and on paper. We don't use scantrons, and he still grades them very quickly.

We'll take an exam at 8 AM to 10 AM and then he'll have the scores up by the afternoon on the next day.

Yeah, that is annoying too...I took my final exam online today on blackboard and the grade is still not up...why can't they just release the grade right after the exam? :confused: Its not like they actually have to physically grade the exam by hand...its all by computer now!

Blackboard exams are a bit buggy, we had incidences where we took a Blackboard exam and all the choices and questions were bungled up. And there are some professors who use fill-in-the-blank type of questions on the Blackboard exams and sometimes if you don't put exactly the correct word with the correct formatting, it will give you the answer wrong, thus the professor has to go through it and will likely give you back points since the machine didn't realize what you were trying to say.

Something else I hate is professors using this **** called Lockdown browser. Basically you are forced to install this browser when you take a computer exam. Trying to find some hacks to bypass that ****.

Blackboard exams are a bit buggy, we had incidences where we took a Blackboard exam and all the choices and questions were bungled up. And there are some professors who use fill-in-the-blank type of questions on the Blackboard exams and sometimes if you don't put exactly the correct word with the correct formatting, it will give you the answer wrong, thus the professor has to go through it and will likely give you back points since the machine didn't realize what you were trying to say.

Something else I hate is professors using this **** called Lockdown browser. Basically you are forced to install this browser when you take a computer exam. Trying to find some hacks to bypass that ****.

I see! Maybe that is why it takes 2-3 days to get exam grades on blackboard!!

We use Lockdown browser too!!! Maybe all schools use it?? But I think the point of using that is to prevent cheating...if you don't use the lockdown brower it would be so easy to cheat...just minimize your powerpoint and notes OR go on the internet and look up the answer. :rolleyes: They want you to use the lockdown browser to prevent cheating I THINK. THey never told us why they use it. Why do you want to bypass it?

I see! Maybe that is why it takes 2-3 days to get exam grades on blackboard!!

We use Lockdown browser too!!! Maybe all schools use it?? But I think the point of using that is to prevent cheating...if you don't use the lockdown brower it would be so easy to cheat...just minimize your powerpoint and notes OR go on the internet and look up the answer. :rolleyes: They want you to use the lockdown browser to prevent cheating I THINK. THey never told us why they use it. Why do you want to bypass it?

He's just saying, "try to bypass that" to say how difficult it can be to actually attempt such a thing.

I don't think we use lockdown at my school. We have three professors and three graduate students moving around the room looking at people's screens to make sure they're working on the test, so you can't even be sneaky :laugh:

It should be pretty easy to find an exploit in the system for LockDown browser somewhere, it uses Internet Explorer, what a joke.

We didn't use LockDown browser last year, but I think the professors got suspicious when people were at home taking 100 question exams and finishing them in 15 minutes.

They were meant to be take home exams (not worth much on the grade though).