Thesis .. any suggestion??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nyennyeno8

^_^
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi :) .. I am actually new to this site and it is my first time to post a thread:).. I am currently taking up Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in the Philippines and right now I have this subject called Manuscript Writing and the main purpose of the subject is to make a thesis outline at the end of the course. the problem now is that I still don't have anything in mind or anything that comes to my interest :(:rolleyes: so I'm hoping you guys can help me out by suggesting just about anything.hehe .. we don't have hi-tech equipment or state-of-the art machines here so it would really be better if the idea you'll be giving me is just plain simple.

thanks thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

behavior stuff in general doesn't require complex equipment.

quantitiative measures of reflexes to define hyporeflexia, normal reflex, hyperreflexia (might need ot borrow pressure gauges from a physics lab)

Is this something you will actually have to do? Or just formulate the thesis?

Also, what are your interests? If it is something you are interested in, it will make the entire project easier. I have TONS of ideas, but they are all biochemical in nature, and if thats not your interest, I wont bore you.

Members don't see this ad :)
actually, right now.. anything will really do.:)... but having the chance to be a bit picky .. i think .. it would be discovering something without having to perform much boring experimentation.. i know that it doesn't really make sense but right now it's what i have in mind.:laugh: .. but as what i said .. anything will be just fine. thanks again.:D:highfive:

Well, I am not sure what you consider boring vs. what I would consider boring - but what emerging diseases are big in the Philippians, specifically with zoonotic issues. What I would do, is find some 'new'/emerging disease, then poke around, find something that is unknown about it in your country (Such as, what might the natural reservoir host or natural vector be of this new parasite). Sure, that work has been done to death on that parasite probably, but if it is an emerging parasite, chances are understanding is "NEW" natural life cycle might be worthy of some $$, and it certainly lets you write up a great thesis proposal while learning about something that is actually relevant to being a vet in your country.

thanks .. i will try to do that :) .. but i think what you're trying to say requires more time than what I have .. I'll try it anyways ..:) .. but if you have a more simple idea than that, I need to hear that.. thanks again:)

yes.. i think so .. for someone who knows what to do already .. unlike me..:(

yes.. i think so .. for someone who knows what to do already .. unlike me..:(

I think you're confusing what twelvetigers meant - she implied that a thesis ISNT easy for anyone. If you're struggling, maybe approach some faculty members for direction.

Yeah, I mean that you can ask for an 'easier' subject all you want, but a thesis is not really *supposed* to be easy. It's a thesis. You're supposed to slave over it for months. Pick something that interests YOU, regardless of whether it's 'easy' or not, and run with it. You'll only get back what you put in, and a lot of work has to go into a good thesis.

Right now, i'm thinking about what No Imagination said .. to look for zoonotic issues and that's what i have in mind right now.. but i haven't decided what it will be yet.. i mean i'm not sticking to that topis right now because i think that ut will require more trips or interviews or something like that..

Seriously, what are you interested in?

If you could do anything as a vet, what would it be? narrow it down first by your broad interest, then by things within that field.

yeah.. thanks .. :D .. I don't really have anything steady yet so it would really be great if you'd suggest just about anything .. our semester would end this march so it has to be completed by then .. the entire thesis outline..:)

I am sorry, but if you aren't able to put information out there about yourself and your interests, then we probably can't give you any real help. It sounds like your trying to find an easy path, and I am not sure that is realitistc. And if you don't have any interests in vet med...why are you studying it?

I love pets.. I mean I love animals .. but right now i just don't think that .. I mean a thesis is a really big thing for us here so right now I don't think I can handle that big responsibility yet .. many students here don't get to graduate on time because of their thesis .. they keep on extending because of it .. that's why i need to be very picky about my topic or the field I'm going to study for me not to be like them .. so that's the reason why I think I'm having a hard time deciding about this ..

Either there is a language barrier or a brain barrier.

So, you love all animals? Great....lets talk about research on leeches. I can think of about a dozen studies in human med that could be done in vet med. You LOVE all animals, so leeches, as an animal, are something you would be thrilled to work with, right?

Sorry, my patience is shot on this one.