THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MCATS!!! <nt>

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkey

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Yes there is. MCAT stands for Medical College Admissions Test. If you take the MCAT twice, it is perfectly ok to say "I scored a 26 and 34 on my MCATs" because in that context it means Medical College Admissions tests.

Luck said:
Yes there is. MCAT stands for Medical College Admissions Test. If you take the MCAT twice, it is perfectly ok to say "I scored a 26 and 34 on my MCATs" because in that context it means Medical College Admissions tests.

Well that's clearly true, but I've seen the test in the singular repeatedly called the MCATS.

Just a pet peeve I guess. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
pinkey said:
Well that's clearly true, but I've seen the test in the singular repeatedly called the MCATS.

It bugs me, too, but maybe people consider each section as a single test since they each have a single score.

Medikit said:
If this really bothers you I suggest you log out and go back to washing the skin off your hands while you count using only prime numbers.
LOL ok so thats 2 normal people and counting (with all the numbers) contributing to this spacewasting thread