The waiting game..

EyeQ

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my application the last week of November. I applied to Nova, PCO, NECO, and ICO. I checked and all of my materials have been received by all schools. I am still sitting here with no interview invitations. Is this a sign? I work as an opto tech for almost 6 months under 2 ODs. I've shadowed MDs at a lasik center for about 3 hrs. My LORs are great. I'm thinking I should retake my OATs in late Feb but the thought of having to restudy everything scares me. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest calling the schools and asking about your application status. Ask if they recommend you retaking the test. Maybe you can send them updated transcripts if you raised your GPA at all this last semester/quarter.

Good Luck:)

I called them but they weren't able to give me any suggestions. All they can do was check to see if they have all of my materials. PCO counselor was a little helpful but not that much. I asked if I needed to retake my OAT and he didn't give me a definite answer like "Yes, retake it." He was going around in circles so I just assumed I won't get an interview.

going in circle means you're not rejected. it's better than them saying "take the oats again or else!" i say it's a good thing. g'luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey... I'm in the same boat... I submitted my application for ICO, PCO, NECO, and NOVA in late November... and SUNY and OSU in late December.

I just wrote the OAT today though - scored TS350 AA330. I've only heard from PCO and I'm going for an interview Feb 5th (anyone else that day too?)

I havent heard from anyone else. :idea:

How long did everyone else have to wait to hear back?

Hey... I'm in the same boat... I submitted my application for ICO, PCO, NECO, and NOVA in late November... and SUNY and OSU in late December.

I just wrote the OAT today though - scored TS350 AA330. I've only heard from PCO and I'm going for an interview Feb 5th (anyone else that day too?)

I havent heard from anyone else. :idea:

How long did everyone else have to wait to hear back?

It really depends on when you apply. Theres still alot of time left dont sweat it... alot of schools interview well into march even apirl. It could be beacuse they're waiting for materials like OAT scores or documentation. Just keep in touch with them.