The Very Intimidating OAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vna

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! For those of you who have taken the OAT this year, what are some topics that you wished you studied more? Are there any questions that you find yourself thinking "dang, I should have paid more attention to this while studying" or is everything pretty much surface level knowledge questions? I'm currently studying for the OAT and not knowing what to expect is making me very anxious.

Members don't see this ad.

I wish I had studied QR more. I went into it very cocky because math has always been my strong suit but time was not my friend and I would spend so much time trying to figure out a question when I could have done a bunch of easier questions and come back to them.

Reactions: 1 user
Physics can be daunting. Remember to work as many practice test problems to get the equations down. I wish I had done more......

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I practiced QR a little more, I could've def gotten a higher AA if I had done that. my scores were AA: 360 and TS: 390. highly recommend doing as many practice problems as possible and just get exposed to all the types of questions u can be asked! For physics, use coursesaver! that saved me, I was only getting around a 300 on physics up until a week before my exam and then I used coursesaver and got a 360 in that section. if u have any specific questions u can dm me :)

I wish I practiced QR a little more, I could've def gotten a higher AA if I had done that. my scores were AA: 360 and TS: 390. highly recommend doing as many practice problems as possible and just get exposed to all the types of questions u can be asked! For physics, use coursesaver! that saved me, I was only getting around a 300 on physics up until a week before my exam and then I used coursesaver and got a 360 in that section. if u have any specific questions u can dm me :)
hi! could you elaborate on how you used coursesaver for physics?

hi! could you elaborate on how you used coursesaver for physics?
Hey! I printed out the outline and watched the videos on coursesaver. I believe there were about 6/7 days of lessons so I actively took notes while watching those and then did the corresponding quizzes! Additionally, I wrote and rewrote the formulas a bunch of times (in units bc there are so many unit questions on the OAT). Knowing and being able to simplify every equation into its units will be worth your time. As soon as this section popped up on the oat, I wrote down every physics formula I could remember. then I did my best in answering the questions. Many were conceptual so thats why understanding the units is SOSOSOSO important. it can help you figure out questions you wouldn't know!

Reactions: 1 users
To Shanghai this thread a bit (I'm taking my OAT in November), would DAT Bootcamp + Physics be sufficient to mastering all there is to know for that exam?

Hey! I printed out the outline and watched the videos on coursesaver. I believe there were about 6/7 days of lessons so I actively took notes while watching those and then did the corresponding quizzes! Additionally, I wrote and rewrote the formulas a bunch of times (in units bc there are so many unit questions on the OAT). Knowing and being able to simplify every equation into its units will be worth your time. As soon as this section popped up on the oat, I wrote down every physics formula I could remember. then I did my best in answering the questions. Many were conceptual so thats why understanding the units is SOSOSOSO important. it can help you figure out questions you wouldn't know!
thank you!!!

thanks for the feedback! What resources did you use to study QR?

I wish I had studied QR more. I went into it very cocky because math has always been my strong suit but time was not my friend and I would spend so much time trying to figure out a question when I could have done a bunch of easier questions and come back to them.
That sounds like something I would do I will keep this in mind when studying thank you