The upcoming cycle 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can we upgrade our NBDE scores once we submit the CAAPID application? I plan to apply to a couple of schools right now else i ll be too late but i am taking my part 2 in 2 weeks...what do you suggest i should do? wait for part 2 results or apply to the schools which do not require part 2 mandatorily.

please help.
In the instructions for CAAPID you can find that they say it is possible to update the NBDE part of the application.. Check the website it has the information you need. Best of luck.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can update your nbde, toefl and biographic info...

Members don't see this ad.

can anyone tell me the institution code(for toefl scores) for UCSF and Howard University College of Dentistry,DC

Thanks a ton

Also can anyone tell me what kind of essay is asked during upenn interview??

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLA ask for

1. Curriculum Vitae/Professional Resume
can i send the SOP that i already submit in CAAPID or i sould write new?

UCLA ask for

1. Curriculum Vitae/Professional Resume
can i send the SOP that i already submit in CAAPID or i sould write new?

Resume means resume my friend, it is not SOP.. If you mean the personal statement in section III of UCLA application, for me I used the same personal statement I submitted wit CAAPID application, the only problem is that the character number is different it is much shorter in the UCLA application. Just do some adjustments and I suppose that should be fine, that what I did.

Great composite, I am still not done with mine it is more complicated with my school, I am not sure if I will catch the deadline .. I have another question guys, have any one applied for Seattle?? how many seats do they have and when the deadline is? I could not find the international program on the website, if any one can post the link I would be grateful.
Thanks

Do you mean for the secondary application at UPenn?

No DURING the interview..
It says on the Upenn website.. The interview day starts at 8:30 a.m. and consists of an overview of the PASS program and financial aid, writing sample exercise, lunch discussion and tour of the dental school with current PASS students.

What kind of writing sample exercise is it??

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey is it true that Univ of Louisville charges $1000 USD for bench exam?? I saw someone mention this in a thread last year! Please confirm! Thanks!

Hey is it true that Univ of Louisville charges $1000 USD for bench exam?? I saw someone mention this in a thread last year! Please confirm! Thanks!
haven't applied there ! i heard it's pointless...with just 2 seats that also on space available basis. And yes I read that post too regarding 1000 dollars...and i checked it out...it is true ! I am not applying and wasting my money !!

haven't applied there ! i heard it's pointless...with just 2 seats that also on space available basis. And yes I read that post too regarding 1000 dollars...and i checked it out...it is true ! I am not applying and wasting my money !!

Same for me:thumbup:

we do not need to submit copy of our transcripts and degree to UCLA right
plz respond guys i am confused

i am done with WES.. haven't completed USC application though !

Pls , can u tell me if u did send the marksheets or transcripts to the WES and also do they need internship completion certificate for evaluation .

I am little confused here ......

Looking to your reply

Thankyou

Pls , can u tell me if u did send the marksheets or transcripts to the WES and also do they need internship completion certificate for evaluation .

I am little confused here ......

Looking to your reply

Thankyou

I sent the marksheets attested from the registrar of the university which they sealed in an envelope.. i also sent the internship completion certificate along with the sealed envelope ..

I sent the marksheets attested from the registrar of the university which they sealed in an envelope.. i also sent the internship completion certificate along with the sealed envelope ..

Thankyou so much composite101 :)

I DO??? but they ask only nbde ,toefl and CV?
please clear this?

guys who applied to UCLA please clear my confusion that do i need to send my transcripts with supplimental app?

I DO??? but they ask only nbde ,toefl and CV?
please clear this?

guys who applied to UCLA please clear my confusion that do i need to send my transcripts with supplimental app?

If they have your ECE then they don't need your transcripts. IT'S CLEARLY WRITTEN ON THEIR WEBSITE PEOPLE.

IF YOU READ, OR CALL YOU CAN FIND OUT ALL THIS INFORMATION. :confused: I just don't understand why this is so hard for people.

hey, guys. Does anybody applyes to Washington? How many students do they accept?

Last edited:
I have scheduled my Nbde part1 on 19th July and I wanna apply to Michigan school of dentistry IDP program which has a deadline of 31st july. I am not sure that I will receive my NBDE part1 score before July 31st because it usually takes 3 weeks.......should I apply to this program or it is just a waste of money because they will not review my application without nbde part1 score. They do have mentioned that they will require official part1 score report only after the acceptance of candidate into that program. I am totally confused, dont know what to do?
Please suggest some solution

Why don't you just call the university and ask? This is the best way to have an accurate answer. Moreover, as far as I know, you can not apply without Part 1 score, you can apply without TOEFL for instant but I think you have to have your board score in hand.
Again, the best way is to call them.

hi... anyone got any application complete mail from BU or any link for supplemental application??

hi everyone, can anyone give me direct link to that CAAPID form i need to send to ECE?
i looked up the faq and google and couldn't find it. they say without it delays in processing may occur.
Thanks!

I'm not sure if there is an application that you have to send to the ECE; however there is the form that you have to print from your CAAPID application and accompany it with your ECE report and sent it to CAAPID. Nobody can give a link for this form it is in your personal CAAPID application.

hi everyone, can anyone give me direct link to that CAAPID form i need to send to ECE?
i looked up the faq and google and couldn't find it. they say without it delays in processing may occur.
Thanks!

I don't know if this would be a possible solution ..... Did you enter evaluated transcripts when u mentioned the name of ur dental school in CAAPID , I think when you mention about transcripts yes or no and when you mention that it is a dental school and not other , than only it generates a ECE or WES form online .

May be you wanna check on this one , and I hope this helps . Otherwise try calling CAAPID

You should try to get the application in so that CAAPID can send it in before the school's deadline date. Either way, don't send it so late. It's a headache for you, CAAPID and the school.

Thank u Dentovis...was worried as one of my LOR is still not ready and it will take another 1 week....do u have an idea how fast the electronic LOR gets processed?

If you're lucky the same day, if not two-three max! Good luck!!

I have following items for sale at much cheaper price than you would pay in the market. Please send me a message before they're gone.

1. Kilgore Nissin Typodont (used only once) with extra teeth ($140 includes shipping within the U.S)
2. Mounting pole ($40 includes shipping within the U.S)
3. UOP Manual ($30 includes shipping within the U.S)

Purchase all three for $195 or typodont and mounting pole for $175.

Thanks!

can somebody tell me where should I upload my CV apart from SOP in my caapid application? I mean in which section I can Upload a CV or Resume?

can somebody tell me where should I upload my CV apart from SOP in my caapid application? I mean in which section I can Upload a CV or Resume?

There is no section to upload.

Hey there, I have a couple of questions about CAAPID application:
1) In background information, it asks that if I have applied to any school previously and about the license in country. So should I mention about my home country's school and license or are they asking about US only?
2) In academic history, it is asking about home school's code and other information. It shows my centralized university's (KU) name in drop down but not my college's name. Should I choose college name not in list?
Thanks much!

1) mention the US schools you applied
2) yes

I have following items for sale at much cheaper price than you would pay in the market. Please send me a message before they're gone.

1. Kilgore Nissin Typodont (used only once) with extra teeth ($140 includes shipping within the U.S)
2. Mounting pole ($40 includes shipping within the U.S)
3. UOP Manual ($30 includes shipping within the U.S)

Purchase all three for $195 or typodont and mounting pole for $175.

Thanks!

@ dental 11.
I am interested in buying UOP Manual. please pm me ..

Hi all,
I got my Part2 result and I passed fortunately. I want to know that if updating my part2 result in Caapid is enough or should I update it to the schools by sending a report as well. I already received the application complete email from most of the schools I applied.

Thanks

Hi all,
I got my Part2 result and I passed fortunately. I want to know that if updating my part2 result in Caapid is enough or should I update it to the schools by sending a report as well. I already received the application complete email from most of the schools I applied.

Thanks

As soon as you update CAAPID they send it to the schools you applied for. Some of the schools ask for a copy of it (check individual requirements)!

As soon as you update CAAPID they send it to the schools you applied for. Some of the schools ask for a copy of it (check individual requirements)!

please can u tell me, after v initially submit the application with 4 schools n later i want to add say about 3 schools which have deadline end of this year, can i go back to caapid application and update???
please let me know...:xf:

please can u tell me, after v initially submit the application with 4 schools n later i want to add say about 3 schools which have deadline end of this year, can i go back to caapid application and update???
please let me know...:xf:
yes you can

congratulations BDS 09 ! can u please tell me how many days exactly it took for you to get your result. Its been 21 days exact and i stil havn't recieved my result.

Thanks tontochico...I took my exam on june 26th &27th and got my result on july 13th...All the best:)

Thanks Hope4...You are always a great help!!

Hi All,
Just curious -- has anyone received an interview invitation from UPenn??
Not that I have.. but just want to know how long after you get a application complete mail can u expect an interview call?/

I think it'll be in the month of August (that's what they told the majority of people I know who have applied)