The upcoming cycle 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi u said dat a lot of schools accept notarised copies,,,i just know dat pacific accepts dat,,,which other schools accept notarised copies[/Q
pacific accept notarized letters, CAAPID also accept notarized letters.. some other schools accept notarized copies of transcript and diploma. Check the requirements for each school it is better.

Members don't see this ad.

I have completed my CAAPID application. I am just waiting for an electronic LOR to be completed by my mentor. Is it okay to esubmit the application without the all electronic LOR saying completed? I am just confused whether to esubmit my application or not. Please help!

I have completed my CAAPID application. I am just waiting for an electronic LOR to be completed by my mentor. Is it okay to esubmit the application without the all electronic LOR saying completed? I am just confused whether to esubmit my application or not. Please help!
Yes that is ok, the letters will not delay your application even if you submitted them later..

Members don't see this ad :)

No! You have to wait! LOR won't be updated once esubmited! Wait for it's completion before submitting.

Think of it as common sense: once you submit your application will be send out to the schools you've selected, if you don't have a completed LOR it won't be send, your application will reach school missing an LOR. ;)

Thanks Hope4 for the advice. I follow your posts closely. UIC is my top choice :)

Hi Hope4,
Im a re-applicant this year..I wasn't able to give my part 2 but have gained experience in the US..I got a call from a university last year but got on the waiting list.. Apart from this ,is there something I can add on my resume/SOP to make a difference??? Plz help me with this....Also this year I got my green card so am applying to UIC..But i guess its a lil late to be given preference or considered.

No! You have to wait! LOR won't be updated once esubmited! Wait for it's completion before submitting.

Think of it as common sense: once you submit your application will be send out to the schools you've selected, if you don't have a completed LOR it won't be send, your application will reach school missing an LOR. ;)

Please read this I am not making up some information
http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Pages/ProcessingtheADEACAAPIDApplication.aspx

"Evaluators to submit Letters of Evaluation as early as possible, because some programs WILL NOT REVIEW the application until the letters are received. ADEA CAAPID recommends contacting your individual programs to determine their speceific submission requirements regarding Letters of Evaluations."

For those applying to UIC if you don't have your LOR's your application will remain incomplete. Sending a complete package, without unnecessary missing documents, avoids delays on your application.

CAAPID will not mail the application to the schools immediately after e-submission, it will at least take 2 weeks for the schools to receive it.. So in my opinion submit CAAPID application and you have 2 more weeks for the letters to be electronically added.. this will save some time, Good luck all.

CAAPID will not mail the application to the schools immediately after e-submission, it will at least take 2 weeks for the schools to receive it.. So in my opinion submit CAAPID application and you have 2 more weeks for the letters to be electronically added.. this will save some time, Good luck all.

This is just way off.... UNLESS they changed a lot since last year applications were send a specific day of the week (not sure if Tue or Thur).

Last year I sent designated programs twice on CAAPID, first time it took 4 days, second time it took 2 days!

Members don't see this ad :)
This is just way off.... UNLESS they changed a lot since last year applications were send a specific day of the week (not sure if Tue or Thur).

Last year I sent designated programs twice on CAAPID, first time it took 4 days, second time it took 2 days!
I submitted my application on the 26th of April and CAAPID mailed it on the 11th of May ! and my friend submitted the application on the 16th of April, it took them 10 days to mail the application to the schools.. So I think it is different this year, may be larger number of applicants.

Will CAAPID send me an email once they send my application to schools? And will the schools send me a confirmation email immediately after they get my application?

Will CAAPID send me an email once they send my application to schools? And will the schools send me a confirmation email immediately after they get my application?
CAAPID will not send you a email when they mail your application to the designated programs. Some schools will send you emails to update the status of your application like Uni of Michigan, UOP, Buffalo, and UPENN will mail you

Guys, I need ur help! I am so confused and tired of the application procedure as each school asks for something different. Will it affect my application if I order all of the reports to my my home and then send everything to the school in one envelope???

Guys, I need ur help! I am so confused and tired of the application procedure as each school asks for something different. Will it affect my application if I order all of the reports to my my home and then send everything to the school in one envelope???

Some schools won't accept score reports from the candidate. You need to look at each schools requirement and do what they want. It is tiring, but it needs to be done.

For the NBDE scores I ordered them to my address then mailed them to the schools with the rest of the documents, I do not think there is a school that required the NBDE scores to be directly sent from ADA. About the TOEFL university of Michigan does not accept paper copies of the reports the want an electronoc copy directly from the ETS.. Remember when you order the reports to your address just keep them sealed do not open them.

do we need to send/update our resume and cv on caapid application in addition to the personal statement.......if yes then in which section of caapid application??

For the NBDE scores I ordered them to my address then mailed them to the schools with the rest of the documents, I do not think there is a school that required the NBDE scores to be directly sent from ADA. About the TOEFL university of Michigan does not accept paper copies of the reports the want an electronoc copy directly from the ETS.. Remember when you order the reports to your address just keep them sealed do not open them.

There are at least 4 schools that require you to send directly or they won't accept your application as complete. Research things before you give incorrect information.

There are at least 4 schools that require you to send directly or they won't accept your application as complete. Research things before you give incorrect information.
Can I know what are these schools?? the following schools do not require NBDE scores nor TOEFL scores to be send directly from ADA. UCLA,UCSF, UOP,UPENN,BUFFALO,MICHIGAN,UIC, COLORADO .
you can help us with your accurate research and correct my information, that is the purpose of visiting forms to help and being helped.

Last edited:
Is there any one still waiting for UIC application complete email? I have not receive it yet..

Can I know what are these schools?? the following schools do not require NBDE scores nor TOEFL scores to be send directly from ADA. UCLA,UCSF, UOP,UPENN,BUFFALO,MICHIGAN,UIC, COLORADO .
you can help us with your accurate research and correct my information, that is the purpose of visiting forms to help and being helped.

There you go. You didn't name all the schools. So the one's you haven't named require it. Basically answered your own question.

You can check your status in caapid application, whether your application is sent to colleges in program designations

do we need to send/update our resume and cv on caapid application in addition to the personal statement.......if yes then in which section of caapid application??

They cover up everything under the professional experience column, so there is no separate space to upload the CV. Some colleges ask for CV in the supplemental application packet .

There you go. You didn't name all the schools. So the one's you haven't named require it. Basically answered your own question.
Actually others schools do not require supplemental documents to be sent to them unless admission is offered, that is why I did not say the rest of the schools, the only school that require what you said is NYU .. Anyways thank you for the valuable information you provided :thumbup:..

HI guys, Im reapplying this year but i wasn't able to give part 2. Do I stand a chance or should I skip this cycle and apply next year with part 2. Im quite in a fix..And what schools generally prefer reapplicants??? Need some advice.

HI guys, Im reapplying this year but i wasn't able to give part 2. Do I stand a chance or should I skip this cycle and apply next year with part 2. Im quite in a fix..And what schools generally prefer reapplicants??? Need some advice.

Reapplicants with improved package, all schools.

Reapplicants with no improvement in their applications from one year to the other, none...

Hi guys,
I submitted my ECE course by course report to CAAPID directly from ECE.....and i am not sure what about the transcript matching form....do i still need to send it to CAAPID?

You better call 'CAAPID' and confirm with them. Myself I notarized the ECE report and attached to the matching form. CAAPID accepted me.

yea same question is teasing me..........what to do with transcript matching form if we have sent ece report directly to caapid??????????????do we still need 2 send tat form 2 caapid:confused:

yea same question is teasing me..........what to do with transcript matching form if we have sent ece report directly to caapid??????????????do we still need 2 send tat form 2 caapid:confused:
I think the purpose of this from is to be attached with the document so they can match it with the application, as long as you've already sent it from ECE you may not need it.. But you better call CAAPID and ask them as madhu335 suggested.

Guys plz help,
I m planning to apply for UPenn but I don't know what is " Repplicants must submit a statement describing any change from previous application related to NBBE, TOEFL, Work experiences." I mean what I suppose to send them? I suppose to write a statement or what?

plz help
thanks

Guys plz help,
I m planning to apply for UPenn but I don't know what is " Repplicants must submit a statement describing any change from previous application related to NBBE, TOEFL, Work experiences." I mean what I suppose to send them? I suppose to write a statement or what?

plz help
thanks

Quite self explanatory.... You have to have some imagination to think of anything different from writing a statement... If you don't have any change/improvement since last year, that would be a problem, it would look like you essentially did nothing for an entire year and expect a different outcome for your application.
Write down a nice statement, list any improvements you've had since last cycle, and reassure your determination in getting accepted.

Good luck!

Guys just a friendly piece of advice : Please apply and sooner the better . Do not skip years and application cycles unless of course its dire situation. It only gets tougher by every passing year. Just stick with it, sweat it out and hope for the best. Good luck.

Guys just a friendly piece of advice : Please apply and sooner the better . Do not skip years and application cycles unless of course its dire situation. It only gets tougher by every passing year. Just stick with it, sweat it out and hope for the best. Good luck.
True :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: thank you.

anything from UCLA or UCSF.. do they send out application complete emails or we'll have to check for ourselves ?

anything from UCLA or UCSF.. do they send out application complete emails or we'll have to check for ourselves ?
I have not receive anything from them.. But I am not sure that they send application complete email..

I called UCLA today about my application... the lady over there said that, they were busy with other things and they didn't open mails yet.

I called UCLA today about my application... the lady over there said that, they were busy with other things and they didn't open mails yet.
They had the time to cash the checks of the applicants; but did not have the time to review the applications !!:idea: shame on them.. My check foe UCLA has been taken.

They had the time to cash the checks of the applicants; but did not have the time to review the applications !!:idea: shame on them.. My check foe UCLA has been taken.

Ha Ha ... she also said that they will open this week and let me know the status if I call her on monday...

:confused:Hi dental school applicantmates:
I am filling " practice of dentistry " of caapid application, could i fill dental
Hygenist experience in this part ?

Last edited:
I have question does LLU need transcript dairectly from university., On the website it said theu need it directly from university. Is there any one who send sealed copy of trascript for US and application complete status. Please reply. Thank you :)

I have question does LLU need transcript dairectly from university., On the website it said theu need it directly from university. Is there any one who send sealed copy of trascript for US and application complete status. Please reply. Thank you :)

I got an application complete. Yes, you need to send it directly from the university you attended.

yea..i sent everything together in one envelope..but they said it doesn't matter..it takes time to process.

Hi composite 101:
Caapid provides one address for receiving loe , one for transcript , which
address you chose when you mailed "one envelope " out? I wanna put everything in one envelope as you did.
Thank you !

I have not receive anything from them.. But I am not sure that they send application complete email..

I think so too. But that means all of us have to call them to ask about our application status individually ?