The under 20 AA DAT club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
with a slightly above average gpa and a 22AA, what do you think is the lowest acceptable PAT score? thx :thumbup: :)

i would say 15 or 16

Members don't see this ad.

I have applied to 18 schools. I do not know if I was aiming too high or if I have a chance in getting accepted to any of these schools.

I have a non science major with a double minor in chemistry and biology.
Very active in clubs and have a lot of volunteering/ shadowing hours.

19AA/19TS/22PAT

gpa: nonscience 3.58/ science 3.68 (.. thought it wouldve been higher)

applying to BU, HOW, LECOM, NYU, RSDM, TEMP, OSU, TUF, UCONN, UF, UMD, MICH, MIN, UNC, VCU, WVA, Nova, USCF.

Should I apply anywhere else???
have not receive any interviews or responses from any schools yet because my dat score were sent in late. so i am really nervous.....

I have applied to 18 schools. I do not know if I was aiming too high or if I have a chance in getting accepted to any of these schools.

I have a non science major with a double minor in chemistry and biology.
Very active in clubs and have a lot of volunteering/ shadowing hours.

19AA/19TS/22PAT

gpa: nonscience 3.58/ science 3.68 (.. thought it wouldve been higher)

applying to BU, HOW, LECOM, NYU, RSDM, TEMP, OSU, TUF, UCONN, UF, UMD, MICH, MIN, UNC, VCU, WVA, Nova, USCF.

Should I apply anywhere else???
have not receive any interviews or responses from any schools yet because my dat score were sent in late. so i am really nervous.....

give it some time

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else getting interviews recently?

Do schools average DAT scores? Like if you got high 20s on some sections and average 18s on other sections for one test, but on the second try, you basically swapped and did well on the ones you got 18s but your 20s are now the 18s. I didnt study as much for the ones I did good in the first time during my 2nd try. Big mistake. :p

Do schools average DAT scores? Like if you got high 20s on some sections and average 18s on other sections for one test, but on the second try, you basically swapped and did well on the ones you got 18s but your 20s are now the 18s. I didnt study as much for the ones I did good in the first time during my 2nd try. Big mistake. :p
Check out this thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=527651

has anyone here gotten a 17 or 18 and received an interview. havent heard anything (rejection or invite) but I feel like there's going to be a whole wave of rejections coming soon. applied to nearly 15 schools

has anyone here gotten a 17 or 18 and received an interview. havent heard anything (rejection or invite) but I feel like there's going to be a whole wave of rejections coming soon. applied to nearly 15 schools
Interviews at 4 out of 6 schools that I applied to.. 18/18.... will retake in the spring if not accepted in December.

Interviews at 4 out of 6 schools that I applied to.. 18/18.... will retake in the spring if not accepted in December.

wow congrats. I saw you got interviews at Howard/Meharry. if you dont mind me asking are you URM?

im retaking my DAT in November, IU says since im non-indiana resident they're going to look at those in the spring

hopefully you get your wish in Dec so you dont have to retake th DAT

AVB2104, I reallllllyyyyyy hope so.

blankman321, yes I'm URM.. I tried to pick schools that had 18AA in there range for accepted students but wasn't expecting to get any attention this cycle. Good luck with your retake and hopefully some good news in the future.

AA 19
PAT 20
TS 20
(QR 15 but all other 19 or higher)

GPA 3.52
sGPA 3.43

Applied to 15 dental schools, received an interview from UNE so far.

There is hope! Finally got my first interview!

NYU
residency: NY
AADSAS mail out: August 9th
notified by email 10/21
science: 3.47 overall 3.6
DAT: 19AA/18TS/22OC/18C/16B/22RC/17QR/19PAT

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my 4th invite this week from LECOM 19AA/19TS and ~3.3o and science gpa. I'm also not a urm and a typical applicant. :thumbup:

6 total pre-december interviews. 3 acceptances on Dec 2nd..
19aa 19ts 18 pat 17rc
not urm.

Reactions: 1 user
I got a 18aa/17ts/23pat with a scary 15 bio....3.55gpa 3.45sgpa and a ton of shadowing and volunteering and good letters. I plan on applying to 8-13 schools. Is it possible?

AVB2104, I reallllllyyyyyy hope so.

blankman321, yes I'm URM.. I tried to pick schools that had 18AA in there range for accepted students but wasn't expecting to get any attention this cycle. Good luck with your retake and hopefully some good news in the future.
Update us

got an interview offer from tufts yesterday, declined since I already decided to attend MUSC

19AA/18TS/23Pat

Reactions: 1 user
I had 5 pre December interview, and 4 acceptances December first (accepted to UDM, Maryland, Tufts and NYU - wait listed at Buffalo)
19AA

5 pre-December interviews and 2 post Decemeber interviews that were declined. 2 acceptances on December 1st. 18aa/19ts. Overall and science gpa were each 3.8.

I got a 18aa/17ts/23pat with a scary 15 bio....3.55gpa 3.45sgpa and a ton of shadowing and volunteering and good letters. I plan on applying to 8-13 schools. Is it possible?

Waste of money unless you improve your scores.

I'm living evidence that it's not a waste of money! I applied to 14 schools with 20AA/18TS/21PAT, that same scary scary 15 in bio, and a slightly lower GPA and sGPA. I had 6 pre-december interviews with 4 acceptances and 2 wait-lists on December 1st! It's not all about the numbers- just apply to the right places, and boost your application in other ways, such as many meaningful extracurriculars, a well-written and authentic personal statement, and some great LORs. If anyone wants more details on my experience, feel free to PM me!

19AA 19TS 17 PAT 15QR
3.92 Overall & Science GPA
6 Pre-Dec Interviews
2 Rejections (Nova, Pitt)
2 Waitlists (Louisville, Roseman)
2 Acceptances (UNLV, Creighton)
2 Post-Dec Interviews (Tufts, VCU)

Very cool guys!!!

I have a 19AA/18TS/21PAT

3.75 sGPA, 3.7 oGPA w/some cc credits. Great work/volunteer experience.

Though I am retaking it's awesome to know I would have a shot with these scores.