The Ohio State CoP 2011 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on 2/25 (Fri) and just received acceptance letter this morning.
Anyone in my group here?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview March 19!! :D:scared:

Anyone know any kind of numbers as to how many people are accepted out of how many interview? I'm super nervous!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also did not get my acceptance letter in the mail within the 2-3 weeks allotted time frame. I called Joe and he said that somehow the computer system did not attach a letter to my acceptance so it was never mailed. It could be possible that the same thing has happened to you.

I also did not get my acceptance letter in the mail within the 2-3 weeks allotted time frame. I called Joe and he said that somehow the computer system did not attach a letter to my acceptance so it was never mailed. It could be possible that the same thing has happened to you.

so did he say that he's going to mail you again? or have you already received one?

Yes I called Joe after the 3 weeks had passed and told him that I had not received a letter. He checked the system and saw that one was never sent, explained the situation to me and sent me a new letter with a new acceptance date on it so that I still had the same amount of time as everyone else to send in the deposit. I received the new letter within a week and half.

Huh. I just got an email for an interview invite at Ohio State. That's a pretty late invite. Anyone want to give me any good or bad impressions they had when visiting?

What do you think is the percentage of people who were asked to do a supplemental application get interview invites?

did you have your interview in mid-January? i'm starting to worry...
I interviewed Jan 14.

Huh. I just got an email for an interview invite at Ohio State. That's a pretty late invite. Anyone want to give me any good or bad impressions they had when visiting?
I got a very good impression from the students who answered questions, faculty interviewers, staff and virtually everyone I encountered in Columbus. The overall friendly vibe is why I decided to attend over other equally prestigious programs. You also get a lot of bang for your buck when comparing tuition to other top programs, and the possibility of getting resident tuition after the first year.

The only negative impression I had was the condition of Parks Hall. It is a bit run-down for how great the program is. I guess that is still the least of my worries considering everything else the program has to offer.:thumbup:

have you completed the financial review yet? i kept emailing them asking them what I should do because I can't find the information online. they haven't replied yet and i'm starting to get worried...

have you completed the financial review yet? i kept emailing them asking them what I should do because I can't find the information online. they haven't replied yet and i'm starting to get worried...

I got my acceptance last week and the email says I have to wait for 3 weeks to receive the official letter and ect stuff

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy moly they're weren't kidding about when it rains, it pours.

Just got an interview invitation right out of the blue today and when I already got acceptances from other schools. To those who have already interviewed, any tips/advice?

Is it weird that I received an interview invite today even though I withdrew my application a few months ago? :confused:

I was wondering if one of you could tell me how long it was after you submitted your supplemental that you heard back about an interview?

hey guys,
I have interview on 4/9, anyone want to share room?

Have you done your fin. review? Yet to get my letter.

i'm trying to figure out how to do the financial review... i haven't heard from them to get any directions, and when i tried to find online, the link to downloading the form is missing... i haven't got anything yet... you?

I wonder if there is a facebook group created already for accepted students so we can get to know each other!!! I look forwarding meeting you all!!!

Just wanted to update that I found out a couple of weeks ago that I have been accepted! SO excited :) I was accepted March 2nd and I still haven't gotten a letter in the mail, but it seems like that is the norm from what I see on here. I'm assuming we have to pay the acceptance fee before we will have any kind of financial aid info, so that is the main reason I want my letter to come! Anyway I am definitely going to OSU (only place I applied) so I can't wait to see everybody else in the fall!

I just received an interview invite. Any advice? Ohio State is my number one school.

I just received an interview invite. Any advice? Ohio State is my number one school.

Be confident and talk about yourself...know your motivation,,,two of the questions they always ask are: why osu, and why pharmacy.. and then talk you into how you handle stress...etc..Good Luck. I am attending,,and hope to see you there...

I interviewed Jan 14.

I got a very good impression from the students who answered questions, faculty interviewers, staff and virtually everyone I encountered in Columbus. The overall friendly vibe is why I decided to attend over other equally prestigious programs. You also get a lot of bang for your buck when comparing tuition to other top programs, and the possibility of getting resident tuition after the first year.

The only negative impression I had was the condition of Parks Hall. It is a bit run-down for how great the program is. I guess that is still the least of my worries considering everything else the program has to offer.:thumbup:

hey LVspartan,
how true is that in-state residence thing? all the other schools that i interviewd at said that you can only get instate residence status if you stay in the state for a year WITHOUT being in school.

hello,

just want to let all the international students accepted know, i just received an email from the school today asking me to complete my financial review. it's been exactly two months since i got the email saying that i got accepted. so i guess you probably will need to wait also this long in order to do anything about your acceptance to osu.
good luck with all of you!

could anyone tell me whether it is safe to live off campus by yourself? are there any neighborhoods that are safer? i was checking online and it seems like columbus is not a very safe city...

I have declined my spot, in favor of UCSF, so someone else can enjoy my spot :)

anyone decided where to live yet?
I've been searching for some 1 bed apartment, 10 minutes direct bus stop to school, but I couldn't find a good place yet.
I'm also thinking about flying to columbus in mid-May to make a contract.
Any inputs will be appreciated!

anyone decided where to live yet?
I've been searching for some 1 bed apartment, 10 minutes direct bus stop to school, but I couldn't find a good place yet.
I'm also thinking about flying to columbus in mid-May to make a contract.
Any inputs will be appreciated!

Check out metro-rentals.com. They seemed to have a lot of decent places, however a bit expensive if you're planning on a 1-bedroom.

hey LVspartan,
how true is that in-state residence thing? all the other schools that i interviewd at said that you can only get instate residence status if you stay in the state for a year WITHOUT being in school.

as long as your income/loan is > expense, u will get approved. 99% of people get approval, so don't worry about that.

could anyone tell me whether it is safe to live off campus by yourself? are there any neighborhoods that are safer? i was checking online and it seems like columbus is not a very safe city...

avoid south or east side of town.
you can find descent apartment on west side and north side of campus.
avoid East of High street

Does anyone know what the turn around time is to hear back after your interview?

Does anyone know what the turn around time is to hear back after your interview?

My interview was on a Saturday and I heard back the following Tuesday. I'd guess that you'll hear by Wednesday.

avoid south or east side of town.
you can find descent apartment on west side and north side of campus.
avoid East of High street

Not quite true. Avoid east of High street south of 15th Avenue. South of Northwood Ave if you're picky or live alone. Northwood, Norwhich, Oakland, Maynard, Wyandotte and Clinton streets are perfectly okay; it's all college students and a few families/graduates.

AVOID 11th up to 15th avenue between High and Summit like the PLAGUE. It's all frats houses/sororities/party houses. East of Summit (N 4th street) is fine, generally, in terms of not being in "party central"

Source: 4 years of OSU undergrad ;)

Not quite true. Avoid east of High street south of 15th Avenue. South of Northwood Ave if you're picky or live alone. Northwood, Norwhich, Oakland, Maynard, Wyandotte and Clinton streets are perfectly okay; it's all college students and a few families/graduates.

AVOID 11th up to 15th avenue between High and Summit like the PLAGUE. It's all frats houses/sororities/party houses. East of Summit (N 4th street) is fine, generally, in terms of not being in "party central"

Source: 4 years of OSU undergrad ;)

To avoid the "party central" undergrad scene, I would honestly avoid anything east of High around the campus area (and southeast of campus for safety reasons). I would actually avoid N 4th...the houses there are quite dilapidated and it's quite a far walk from campus (obviously you could drive but it seems quite wasteful to drive 5 minutes to class so you might as well live somewhere off campus if you're going to have to drive to school). I too was an undergrad here for 4 years, along with living east of High and having friends on 4th.

There are also apartments around the medical center campus (near 8th/9th--Neil, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Belmont, King, and Hunter Aves are some that come to mind) that are about a 10 minute walk to class.

If you don't mind walking, taking the bus, or driving there are places surrounding Neil south of campus that are quite nice as well. Little bit more pricey but kind of sandwiched between campus and downtown (good for going out and relieving some steam on the weekends :))

Hey!! Guys!!
I had an interview last friday...04/08
When should i hear back from OSU?? One of the student representatives told me i should hear back probably Monday or Tuesday!! But i haven't get anything from them....:scared:
Anyone went interview the same date and hear back????
I am nervous...:xf:

I interviewed on the same day (4/08) and I've yet to hear back either. I was nervous until I just saw your post, so I am not AS nervous anymore, but still. I think we are fine. It might just take a little longer than usual.

Hey!! Guys!!
I had an interview last friday...04/08
When should i hear back from OSU?? One of the student representatives told me i should hear back probably Monday or Tuesday!! But i haven't get anything from them....:scared:
Anyone went interview the same date and hear back????
I am nervous...:xf:

I interviewed on the same day (4/08) and I've yet to hear back either. I was nervous until I just saw your post, so I am not AS nervous anymore, but still. I think we are fine. It might just take a little longer than usual.

HAHAHAHA...
I Hope we hear from them today!!!
I love the interview...it is sooooo relaxing.. not like other schools that i have been to...essay, faculty interview, student interview,group projects,presentation!!

Hope we all get in!!!:love:

HAHAHAHA...
I Hope we hear from them today!!!
I love the interview...it is sooooo relaxing.. not like other schools that i have been to...essay, faculty interview, student interview,group projects,presentation!!

Hope we all get in!!!:love:

I too interviewed on the 8th and have yet to hear back. Friend of mine interviewed on a Saturday and was notified of his acceptance on the following Tuesday. Not sure what that means, if anything, for us. has anyone heard?

I too interviewed on the 8th and have yet to hear back. Friend of mine interviewed on a Saturday and was notified of his acceptance on the following Tuesday. Not sure what that means, if anything, for us. has anyone heard?

Yeah everyone I know has heard back really soon and I've heard nothing. I don't know what to think. It is somewhat relieving to see that other people from the same date have yet to hear back as well. I mean I doubt all of us didn't get in.

Take that back, I JUST RECEIVED MY ACCEPTANCE EMAIL!!

Oh man I just got my email also saying that I got in, I am real excited.

Looks like people from the past weekend are getting offers. I interviewed on Friday 4/8, and received my offer this afternoon!

Can anyone suggest a good place to live in Columbus. Does anyone know any good names of apartment buildings because I thought it would be a lil too chaotic to live on campus. Wouldn't mind living in an area with a lot of young people also.

Thanks

I am interviewing on the coming weekend. Getting pretty nervous about it. How is the process like? it might sound stupid but, i am also wondering how to dress up!