The Ohio State CoP 2011 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They start interviews this Friday and Saturday (Dec 10/11). I have an interview on Friday, from 1-5 pm, optional tour at noon. They contacted me about a month ago.

Now that the deadline has been moved back to Jan 5th, I'm not sure how they are going to be handling interview invites.

Dazzle..How did interview go? Can you give a brief description on how they conduct interview? Good Luck,,,,you will def make it. I have similar stats. but I have just completed my supplemental...so not sure if I still have a chance!

Members don't see this ad.

It went really well, I think. It was very laid back. Option tour started at noon, then info session took about an hour, then they had 3 people at a time go do interviews (there were 12 of us). My interview was with two pharmacy faculty members, and they were really nice. Then we went back to the main room for a file review and just hung out (they provided water bottles and some snacks) until everyone in our group (2 groups, 6 to a group) finished interviews and then went for a student discussion panel with some P2s, which was helpful. All in all, including the optional tour, it lasted from 12:00 pm to 4:30 pm.

Hopefully will hear back before Christmas!

It went really well, I think. It was very laid back. Option tour started at noon, then info session took about an hour, then they had 3 people at a time go do interviews (there were 12 of us). My interview was with two pharmacy faculty members, and they were really nice. Then we went back to the main room for a file review and just hung out (they provided water bottles and some snacks) until everyone in our group (2 groups, 6 to a group) finished interviews and then went for a student discussion panel with some P2s, which was helpful. All in all, including the optional tour, it lasted from 12:00 pm to 4:30 pm.

Hopefully will hear back before Christmas!

Hi Dazzled.
So three people at a time go into a room with six faculty members, so only one interview with faculty members basically.. Do you know how many people had interviewed so far? I am just really scared because i submit my application pretty late...What kind of questions did they ask you? were they pretty generic questions like " why ohio?" "why pharmacy" etc...how long was the actually graded interview? sorry, i bombarded you with so many questions! im sure you will hear the good news sooner or later!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Dazzled.
So three people at a time go into a room with six faculty members, so only one interview with faculty members basically.. Do you know how many people had interviewed so far? I am just really scared because i submit my application pretty late...What kind of questions did they ask you? were they pretty generic questions like " why ohio?" "why pharmacy" etc...how long was the actually graded interview? sorry, i bombarded you with so many questions! im sure you will hear the good news sooner or later!

Not quite; the interviews were 2 faculty to 1 student in separate rooms. It's just that 3 people went at the same time, all in different rooms (six faculty, 3 students).

My day was the first interview and there were 12 of us. They also had interviews yesterday, probably with another 12 or so. So about 24 have interviewed thus far.

The questions were kinda specific to my file, since we were told the people have had the chance to look over our files for 3 weeks ahead of time. My interview lasted about 25-30 minutes, though some people went shorter and some longer. It just depends on who you get and what questions they ask, and what questions that you have for them.

Not quite; the interviews were 2 faculty to 1 student in separate rooms. It's just that 3 people went at the same time, all in different rooms (six faculty, 3 students).

My day was the first interview and there were 12 of us. They also had interviews yesterday, probably with another 12 or so. So about 24 have interviewed thus far.

The questions were kinda specific to my file, since we were told the people have had the chance to look over our files for 3 weeks ahead of time. My interview lasted about 25-30 minutes, though some people went shorter and some longer. It just depends on who you get and what questions they ask, and what questions that you have for them.
Thanks Dazzled! I hope to hear from them soon, and good luck to you..I'm pretty sure you will make it!!! Hopefully, we can see each other next year!

I got the email saying I've been accepted! I'm SO happy..OSU is my first choice and I'm basically jumping up and down with excitement, relief and joy XD

Good luck to everybody!

Has anybody gotten their acceptance letter in the mail yet?

Has anybody gotten their acceptance letter in the mail yet?

Yeah I got it last week and mailed it out yesterday. $225 deposit wasn't bad. Thankful it wasn't the $500 the other school I got accepted to wanted up front. That's redonk.

Have a lot of people interviewed?
I called today and he said my stats were good, but my application was still under review. I submitted the supplemental months ago. Blah..

I have my interview tomorrow afternoon :eek: any suggestions??

I got a letter from JOE OROZCO saying that I was accepted....OMG..first acceptance,,now I dont need to go for any more interview since OHIO is my second choice,and I was deferred from my choice interview....

Yeah I got it last week and mailed it out yesterday. $225 deposit wasn't bad. Thankful it wasn't the $500 the other school I got accepted to wanted up front. That's redonk.

Hello Dazzled,

How long did it take you to get acceptance letter in the mail? do you pay deposit after you receive the mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Dazzled,

How long did it take you to get acceptance letter in the mail? do you pay deposit after you receive the mail?

It took a couple of weeks, if I remember correctly. It comes with a piece of paper that you have to check yes or no and then put in your deposit check.

I received my interview invitation the other day. I'm curious what they're doing to prepare clinical pharmacists at OSU. I didn't see much on their website about it, although I know OSU grads who are clinical pharmacists...

MUWestern,

Did you received it by paper or email? Do you know if they're doing the notifications this week only or are they streching it out a ala UMaryland?

Thanks

MUWestern,

Did you received it by paper or email? Do you know if they're doing the notifications this week only or are they streching it out a ala UMaryland?

Thanks

interview invites are sending out through email..

I received my interview invitation the other day. I'm curious what they're doing to prepare clinical pharmacists at OSU. I didn't see much on their website about it, although I know OSU grads who are clinical pharmacists...

Well, for starters, they have an excellent partnership with the OSU Medical Center, which is top ranked in the country, and a good number of their teaching faculty and preceptors are working in a clinical setting. Also, there are a bunch of different hospitals in the area where rotations and experience can be gained: Grant, Riverside, Nationwide Children's, Mt. Carmel...there are more but those are the ones within 20-30 minutes that I can think of.

I too want to pursue clinical, so I'm excited about OSU's curriculum.

Thanks Dazzled, I too am excited and will be sure to ask about clinical pharmacy in my interview : )

Have a lot of people interviewed?
I called today and he said my stats were good, but my application was still under review. I submitted the supplemental months ago. Blah..

I don't know if you are still wondering but I interviewed on 1/15 and they said we were only the second 'batch' of interviews they have had. There were also only about 13 people at my interview if I remember correctly.

Just got an invite via email! I will probably be going on February 12th.

I don't know if you are still wondering but I interviewed on 1/15 and they said we were only the second 'batch' of interviews they have had. There were also only about 13 people at my interview if I remember correctly.

Hello, may I ask you if you have received the acceptance via MAIL yet? because I have not! Please let me know! Thanks much!

I have been calling all day today to schedule my interview from 930-2 ohio time (it said she would be there from 8-2 est) and I never reached anyone. Did anyone else call today? Those of you who did call what time were you able to reach her. I know the voicemail says specifically not to schedule your intervi, you need to talk to her. But I was getting frustrated. Guess ill try again tomorrow.

Has everyone else finished all their pre-reqs? I still have achem and calc2 which I would prob do over the summer. w

Hello, may I ask you if you have received the acceptance via MAIL yet? because I have not! Please let me know! Thanks much!

No I haven't!! I've been stalking the mail man every day. But the email said 2-3 weeks after that acceptance email so if I don't have mine by next Tuesday I'll probably give Joe a call and see whats up. When were you admitted?

No I haven't!! I've been stalking the mail man every day. But the email said 2-3 weeks after that acceptance email so if I don't have mine by next Tuesday I'll probably give Joe a call and see whats up. When were you admitted?

I was admitted on January 18th, I think. I have not received anything in mail yet. Can you update if you receive packet in the mail? Thanks

I have been calling all day today to schedule my interview from 930-2 ohio time (it said she would be there from 8-2 est) and I never reached anyone. Did anyone else call today? Those of you who did call what time were you able to reach her. I know the voicemail says specifically not to schedule your intervi, you need to talk to her. But I was getting frustrated. Guess ill try again tomorrow.

Has everyone else finished all their pre-reqs? I still have achem and calc2 which I would prob do over the summer. w

I had the same problem as you. I was calling since Tuesday and was able to get through yesterday at around 7:40 pacific time. I believe that there is a snowstorm in Ohio, which might be why they haven't really been answering the phones.

I was admitted on January 18th, I think. I have not received anything in mail yet. Can you update if you receive packet in the mail? Thanks

yeah of course! if you could do the same that would be awesome! i'm going to call him on Tues if I don't get it so if it comes to that I'll let you know what he said and what not.

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the roll call for 2014/2015. Please post in the sticky thread or PM me your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).:)

I turned my supplemental in in late November and still haven't heard anything! I'm getting really nervous but trying not to think about it too much. :scared: <--- That is literally what I feel like right now haha. In fact, this is the first time I've let myself look at this thread!

Does everyone get a supplemental or is it at least somewhat of a good sign? According to what you guys have posted, it seems like about 50-70 people have interviewed so far (25-35 in Dec. and Jan. each, although this may be way off!) with probably another 25-35 coming up in February so I'm hoping they still have a lot to go, esp. with changing the app. due date to Dec.1. Congrats to all who have been accepted I really really hope to be joining you!

Disclaimer: I interviewed really late last year and was waitlisted, so I am hoping and praying to get in earlier this year!

I turned my supplemental in in late November and still haven't heard anything! I'm getting really nervous but trying not to think about it too much. :scared: <--- That is literally what I feel like right now haha. In fact, this is the first time I've let myself look at this thread!

Does everyone get a supplemental or is it at least somewhat of a good sign? According to what you guys have posted, it seems like about 50-70 people have interviewed so far (25-35 in Dec. and Jan. each, although this may be way off!) with probably another 25-35 coming up in February so I'm hoping they still have a lot to go, esp. with changing the app. due date to Dec.1. Congrats to all who have been accepted I really really hope to be joining you!

Disclaimer: I interviewed really late last year and was waitlisted, so I am hoping and praying to get in earlier this year!

hello, I turned in my application in the beginning of December, they were very fast, email me the supplemental right after pharmcas mail my application, and got a interview in December 13th ish, I interview in the 15th of january, got back from them on the 18th ish of january, I think you may want to call them to see if they have received everything and you application is completed. Good luck

hello, I turned in my application in the beginning of December, they were very fast, email me the supplemental right after pharmcas mail my application, and got a interview in December 13th ish, I interview in the 15th of january, got back from them on the 18th ish of january, I think you may want to call them to see if they have received everything and you application is completed. Good luck

Thanks for the reply- wow you got in really fast! You must have pretty good stats to have gotten an interview so quickly. I checked my e-mails and the page for the OSU supplemental app and it looks like my supplemental went through fine. I had a 3.4 gpa and an 87 PCAT so my stats are kind of so-so for OSU. I am guessing that is why I will probably be in a later interview group but it's still making me nervous! I e-mailed Joe but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. It seems like right now they are only doing two days of interviews a month so I'm really hoping I'm in the March group!

I have my interview in less than two weeks!!! I am nervous but SO excited! Finally some good news :)

Thanks for the reply- wow you got in really fast! You must have pretty good stats to have gotten an interview so quickly. I checked my e-mails and the page for the OSU supplemental app and it looks like my supplemental went through fine. I had a 3.4 gpa and an 87 PCAT so my stats are kind of so-so for OSU. I am guessing that is why I will probably be in a later interview group but it's still making me nervous! I e-mailed Joe but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. It seems like right now they are only doing two days of interviews a month so I'm really hoping I'm in the March group!

3.4 gpa is just slightly below avg admit, so it's not bad at all. 87 PCAT is +7 above average admit, so you're good there. Good luck at you're interview!

I can't wait for this quarter to be over...I have to finish analytical chem as my last prereq with a grade of C...so far I have like a B- without any curve, and I've done decently above average for most things, so things are going well so far. If this keeps up I might even end up with an A-, though a B or B+ would satisfy me just fine :)

Is anybody that's been accepted coming in the summer to take Achem? I know it's not offered at every school.

I received my e-mail acceptance today! What a great feeling!

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of you who had the interview in January 14/15th has received the acceptance letter by mail yet. I asked Joe and he said it's on the way, but it's like a couple of weeks now since that email. So, if anyone has received one, could you please let me know? Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of you who had the interview in January 14/15th has received the acceptance letter by mail yet. I asked Joe and he said it's on the way, but it's like a couple of weeks now since that email. So, if anyone has received one, could you please let me know? Thanks!

Hey he told me the same thing but I have yet to receive anything in the mail :/

Has anyone here been invited to an interview without completing the supplemental application? I submitted my PharmCAS app. However, after that I decided relocating to Ohio would probably not work out so I never submitted the supplemental application. I assumed they would consider my application incomplete and not look at it further. Today I received an invitation to interview in mid-March. I have strong stats so maybe they are considering giving me a chance to finish it. Now, I'm rethinking and maybe a relo to Ohio could work out.

Has anyone here been invited to an interview without completing the supplemental application? I submitted my PharmCAS app. However, after that I decided relocating to Ohio would probably not work out so I never submitted the supplemental application. I assumed they would consider my application incomplete and not look at it further. Today I received an invitation to interview in mid-March. I have strong stats so maybe they are considering giving me a chance to finish it. Now, I'm rethinking and maybe a relo to Ohio could work out.

I had already completed my supp when I got the invite, but in the interview invitation email, it was indicated that if you hadn't already completed the supp, then you needed to finish it before the date of your interview. So, yeah I guess it's normal?

I had already completed my supp when I got the invite, but in the interview invitation email, it was indicated that if you hadn't already completed the supp, then you needed to finish it before the date of your interview. So, yeah I guess it's normal?

I guess I will find out when I call them tomorrow. I just reread the email and it didn't say anything about the supplemental. Maybe just an error.

I guess I will find out when I call them tomorrow. I just reread the email and it didn't say anything about the supplemental. Maybe just an error.

Actually, there are many people out there got interview invites before they complete the supplemental. you need to finish your supplemental before interview. Good Luck ,,it is a very impressive school!

no one received the acceptance letter in the mail yet? we dont need to pay the deposit until we receive the letter in the mail, right?

I received my letter in the mail yesterday. I'm assuming people living outside of Ohio will either get them today or tomorrow.

no one else has got an acceptance yet? apart from the ones living in ohio?

I just got the invite to complete the supplemental application. I completed my pharmcas in october, yet I'm just getting notified now that I can complete the supplemental part. Does anyone find that really weird or maybe know why I got it this late?

I just got the invite to complete the supplemental application. I completed my pharmcas in october, yet I'm just getting notified now that I can complete the supplemental part. Does anyone find that really weird or maybe know why I got it this late?

The supplemental process is selective. It most likely has to do with their rank of your application compared to other applicants.