***The Official UWSoD Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Primary mailing date: 7/22

Secondary: 8/15

Interview: 8/23 (received confirmation of payment on the same day)
Instate
Thanks! Congrats! And good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Crossing my fingers. Sent in supp yesterday.

You need to report all your in-progress and future courses, especially if they're pre-reqs.
What if you do not know specifically what your future courses will be? I know what my Fall courses will be (in-progress), but I do not know what my exact schedule will look like in the Spring, if that makes sense. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get interviews since Tuesday? My check went through so at least I know that worked haha.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Have any OOS applicants received a supplemental yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else who has gotten an interview received confirmation of their interview date? I called but they did not pick up at the number in the email. I sent an email confirming via email instead, but have tried to follow up with a call on like two or three other occasions and they have still not answered the phone.

Has anyone else who has gotten an interview received confirmation of their interview date? I called but they did not pick up at the number in the email. I sent an email confirming via email instead, but have tried to follow up with a call on like two or three other occasions and they have still not answered the phone.
Nope, I called and left a message and sent an email. I was going to give it a couple weeks before attempting again.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

FWIW yesterday I got a confirmation that my payment had been received and my portal changed to "application complete" this morning.

Received my second "Application Received email"

7/18/16 Application Received
8/31/16 Application Received

OOS
TS: 24, AA: 23, Lowest section RC: 20
GPA: 3.73, Upward Trend (3.4 Freshman, 4.0 Senior)
3 Publications and 4 Posters while working at NIH for 4 years
Letter from a NIDCR Faculty Member
DDS Ph.D applicant

Sent in my supplemental application about two weeks ago and haven't gotten a confirmation yet. I emailed them about it and haven't heard anything. Is this normal for everyone else?

Sent in my supplemental application about two weeks ago and haven't gotten a confirmation yet. I emailed them about it and haven't heard anything. Is this normal for everyone else?
Same for me. They definitely got it though.

Received my second "Application Received email"

7/18/16 Application Received
8/31/16 Application Received

OOS
TS: 24, AA: 23, Lowest section RC: 20
GPA: 3.73, Upward Trend (3.4 Freshman, 4.0 Senior)
3 Publications and 4 Posters while working at NIH for 4 years
Letter from a NIDCR Faculty Member
DDS Ph.D applicant

Welp, there goes 1 interview slot. Awesome stats and EC's!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, same boat here. E-mailed them about it too and nothing.

Interview Invite. Notified today via email. :soexcited::soexcited:

23rd/24th of this month.
Awesome! I'll be there as well. I wonder how many people they have attend each interview? Anybody know?

Sweet, well be sure to say hi! We'll figure something out so it won't be awkward asking each other " So you're osker246/DC206R from SDN right?" haha

23rd/24th of this month.
Congrats! Starting to feel a lot less optimistic about getting an interview. I haven't heard anything and you submitted your supp a few days after I did. Pretty bummed. :shrug:. But congrats to ya'll!

Congrats! Starting to feel a lot less optimistic about getting an interview. I haven't heard anything and you submitted your supp a few days after I did. Pretty bummed. :shrug:. But congrats to ya'll!

Don't worry. It'll come my friend. There are only a few people running the admissions at UWSOD so they will eventually get to your application.

Reactions: 1 users
Also interviewing on 23rd/24th, but haven't received the follow up email with more details yet. My invite was sent On Sept. 30th. I requested the RIDE program; does anyone know if Spokane interviews are still an option for those of us east of the Cascades? Looking forward to meeting you all soon!!

Don't worry. It'll come my friend. There are only a few people running the admissions at UWSOD so they will eventually get to your application.
Congrats Dude! This just makes me even more anxious since I still haven't heard back about my questions

Wow I just got the email today saying my supplemental was received . They lose my email or something? Hope I can get an interview still lol

Reactions: 1 users
Wow I just got the email today saying my supplemental was received . They lose my email or something? Hope I can get an interview still lol
Same here!

Last year it was about 50 per interview session. You may be put into groups for the MMI portion. :nailbiting:
So the actual interviews are done together in a group? Or are the 50 people broken up into groups and then one on one interviews are done with people in each group?

The groups are primarily for management purposes. Touring 50 people through hallways, elevators, and stairwells isn't the most efficient or enjoyable way to do things.

Splitting up into groups for the tour makes total sense. I guess I could of phrased it better but is the actual interview performed as a group or is it done one on one with an interviewer?

*edit* NVM. I remember you sharing how each interview was done like "speed dating", where you sit and talk with the interviewer.

If you designated RIDE on your application and received an interview, then you're certainly being considered for a seat in Spokane. All interviews take place in Seattle, though, and you'll likely receive all the details within 1-2 weeks of your interview date. Congrats! ;)

Thank you for the helpful information :)

Hey guys, I'm a current 1st year at the school. I'd be happy to answer any questions :)

Even though I'm sure karanja has probably answered most. He's actually my classmate :thumbup:
Didn't realize he'd also be on here. Haha guess you beat me to it @karanja

Hey guys, I'm a current 1st year at the school. I'd be happy to answer any questions :)

Even though I'm sure karanja has probably answered most. He's actually my classmate :thumbup:
Didn't realize he'd also be on here. Haha guess you beat me to it @karanja

Sweet, I have some questions that I will PM you with today or tomorrow.

Also, Ill post something similar to what karanja did so you guys can get a better sense of who I am and so that you guys can maybe target more specific questions for me if we're in the same position etc.

Overall GPA: 3.97
Science GPA: 3.98
DAT AA: 21
Residency: Hawaii
Research: None
Extracurricular clubs/groups in undergrad: None
(Just volunteered on my own)

AADSAS Application Submitted: 7/2 but took DAT 8/2
Application Complete Date: 8/20
UWSOD AADSAS Status Update: Dec. 1 AADSAS portal was updated with “offer made” and shortly received a phone call afterwards.
Other schools interviewed at: Western & Colorado (let me know if you have questions about why I chose UW over these schools)

We just finished the first week of Fall quarter, and prior to this we had a month of summer classes also. So we have a pretty good grip on how things work, vibes of faculty/upperclassmen, courses etc.

Last edited:
Yes. We have colleagues from Hawaii, Alaska, Oregon, Arizona, and New Mexico.

Preference is given to Washington residents, WICHE (Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, and Wyoming), and then other states. If you're not a Washington resident, you'll be competing for < ~10 seats.

Best of luck to you all!
What about Alabama residents? Do i have any chance at all?

What about Alabama residents? Do i have any chance at all?
It's not impossible, just unlikely due to the preference given to Washington residents and then WICHE states.

For those of you who received interview invites, did you call and email to confirm or just one or the other? I called and left a message but should I email them as well? Thank you!

For those of you who received interview invites, did you call and email to confirm or just one or the other? I called and left a message but should I email them as well? Thank you!
I personally did both. When I had called I had to leave a message. I decided to email just in case nobody heard the message.

I personally did both. When I had called I had to leave a message. I decided to email just in case nobody heard the message.

Okay! That's a good idea. When did they send you the more detailed email about the interview once you confirmed? Thank you :)

Okay! That's a good idea. When did they send you the more detailed email about the interview once you confirmed? Thank you :)
I actually haven't heard back about it. I was going to give it until the end of this week before I try calling.

Yeah, I'm waiting until the end of the week before I bother them.

It's not necessary to call/email about the interview details. They will come via email when they're ready, likely 1 week prior to your interview date. They're still solidifying timelines, details, etc, to ensure you have a worthwhile visit, so hang tight.
I actually just got the email today.

Just received my invite to interview today after submitting my secondary on August 22nd! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:
So beyond excited, stay hopeful everybody!
I'm an in state applicant, graduated from UW with a BA in Psychology. If you want to know some of my stats I'm happy to share!

I submitted my application in June and have still not received a request to pay my supplemental fee. Just looking to confirm that the fee is paid by request as specified by the ADEA website.

I submitted my application in June and have still not received a request to pay my supplemental fee. Just looking to confirm that the fee is paid by request as specified by the ADEA website.
Did you get a request to complete the supplemental application? You only have to pay if they send you a request to complete the supplemental application. From what it sounds like not every applicant will get a opportunity to do the supplemental.

I'm not sure how other schools do MMI, but UWSOD's process is anything but intimidating. In fact, most of us thought it was a lot of fun. Don't let the Internet freak you out.

With that said, there's no real method to "prepare" for MMI. This interview method is great because it allows 8-10 people to formally evaluate you as you come, without knowing anything about you. At the interview, your GPA, DAT score, and anything else in your application no longer matters. Your evaluators won't know who you are until you introduce yourself, and they won't know anything about you that you don't tell or show them yourself.

If I could compare it to anything, I'd compare it to speed dating. You'll have a set amount of time to chat with each evaluator, and once that time expires you'll move on to the next. Each of them will evaluate you based on a predetermined set of criteria. What that is remains a mystery, but here's what you can do to achieve the best outcome:

1. Be yourself. Don't rehearse one liners.
2. Wear professional attire. Tailor your suits/outfits. A folder with school info will be provided, but showing up with a professional portfolio and your own pen (so you don't have to ask for one) will set you apart from the rest.
3. Come prepared. Research significant faculty members, the curriculum, and community initiatives the school supports. Come with questions on info you can't find, and ask them when given the opportunity (you will be).
4. Maintain situation awareness. You're at an interview, and it starts the second you step on campus on the first day, and doesn't end till you leave campus the second day after MMI. We're watching you! ;)

Here's a few other tips you might find useful:

1. Ladies, avoid high heels. The school has elevators, but they're too small to fit entire groups as you tour and maneuver the school. Come prepared to trek up and down the stairs.
2. Bring a water bottle. Preferably one that is solid and somewhat professional looking. You'll be talking a lot. And even though bottled water is provided, it's nice to have your own.
3. Turn your phones off. Put them in airplane mode. Switch them into silent. Smash the speaker. Whatever you have to do. Just don't be that guy/girl. You may want your phone to snap photos of the tour, and if you're older with a family, you may need to have it on for emergencies... just be smart about it.
4. Have fun. Chat with your peers. But leave your summer frat/sorority party stories at the door. You can talk about how drunk you got at Bumbershoot after you're accepted in December.

That's the general spiel! Best of luck!
Just to clarify, the interview committee does not have access to our application prior to meeting with us? Also, you mentioned a time limit, does this mean we should be aware of the length of our responses so we don't have to finish abruptly? I would appreciate any tips you can provide. Thank you for this information, I think this is the 5th time I have looked over it :). This is my first interview and am praying all goes well.

Correct, the interviewers will not know anything about you.
Great! Thank you so much for this information, I greatly appreciate it. May I message you more questions if it's not too much to ask :D Good luck to all other students interviewing this 23rd and 24th.

Does anyone know how stressful or frightening the MMI process was last year or even how to prep?! I interview this weekends and I'm like a lil stressed....

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile