***The Official UWSoD Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad :)
Portal status just changed to "application denied" - no email or snail mail yet (interviewed Oct 1st)
It's been quite the journey, but I'm blessed to be able to say I'm still going to dental school this year!
UW is amazing, congrats to all who got in and goodluck to those on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
Portal status just changed to "application denied" - no email or snail mail yet (interviewed Oct 1st)
It's been quite the journey, but I'm blessed to be able to say I'm still going to dental school this year!
UW is amazing, congrats to all who got in and goodluck to those on the waitlist!

Sorry to hear that. When did your portal status change?

Sorry to hear that. When did your portal status change?
It's all good, I love Seattle but it was probably for the best and I know I'll still get a great education at another school. at least I got to spend my undergrad there :)
It says it was marked for the 24th, but I just refreshed it again this evening and it finally changed. So it was a day off I think.

Does anybody know the minimum pre-requisite grades for admissions? Or do we just have to complete them before matriculation?

Does anybody know the minimum pre-requisite grades for admissions? Or do we just have to complete them before matriculation?
My guess is that you have to pass all the required coursework prior to matriculation, but I would contact admissions to verify.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going to need that good luck because I'm not even in the top 10 lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to need that good luck because I'm not even in the top 10 lol
Have you heard back from any other schools yet?
Well I've heard of multiple people making it off the waitlist, so you never know! Congrats on making it this far, I hope it all works out for you!!

Have you heard back from any other schools yet?
Well I've heard of multiple people making it off the waitlist, so you never know! Congrats on making it this far, I hope it all works out for you!!
Yes I have! Crossing my fingers and toes though. haha

anyone know if there has been any movement on the waitlist?

Anyone heard anything today? I know they said they were trying to form the waitlist by March 1...

The waitlist should be already formed. Quite a few of us have gotten the alternate email already.

The waitlist should be already formed. Quite a few of us have gotten the alternate email already.
I know a few people posted about receiving alternate emails. I haven't heard anything yet... waitlist, acceptance, or rejection. Any idea what that could mean?

Emailed Sue today and she said that the admissions committee is still working on finalizing the wait list, but it should be finalized next week. For anyone that still hasn't heard anything... just thought I'd give an update.

Hopefully there is news next week!!!! Good luck to all!

H

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, got the call yesterday! I was initially told I was in a "top 10 spot" of the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
Also got the call this week! Was told I was top 10 on waitlist as well.

Reactions: 1 users