2018 ***The Official University of Iowa Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted on the 1st. second year applicant, wait listed first year.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven’t heard of anyone being waitlisted this year. Has anyone else? Same for deferments.

Wait listing went out January last year if I remember correctly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything/talked to Rachael? I am beginning to get restless haha. From the looks of it, it doesn't look like the class is full, but I could be wrong.

Has anyone heard anything/talked to Rachael? I am beginning to get restless haha. From the looks of it, it doesn't look like the class is full, but I could be wrong.
I e-mailed her and the only thing she would tell me is that acceptances will be on-going for the next couple weeks/month.

First year applicant, accepted December 17th! Does anyone know if they make like a Facebook page so we can find roommates?

There's one listed on this thread. Are you an IS or OOS applicant?
I’m in state. Talked to Rachael a week before my acceptance and she said they were doing waves of acceptances. Led me to believe there’s one or more waves left to go out.

For those that got accepted, what's the deposit amount? If I recall correctly, at my interview they said $200 but it seems low.

Does anyone know the College of Dentistry's Academic Calendar?

Just gave up my seat! Best of luck to everyone! OOS

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone who was not accepted yet, was there a waitlist notification yet? Or is everyone in limbo still?

For anyone who was not accepted yet, was there a waitlist notification yet? Or is everyone in limbo still?
I haven't heard anything yet, I also interviewed the last interview day possible so that's also a factor but I've been in limbo for most of the schools I've interviewed at

Okay, here it is... The University of Iowa College of Dentistry Class of 2022 Facebook Group!!

it's not much yet but hopefully, it will bring us all closer together before classes start! Please share and invite all of those who were accepted!

or copy and paste without the beginning and ending asterisks: *https://www.facebook.com/groups/1616875128355802/*

Accepted this afternoon! IS

Reactions: 1 users
For those that were accepted, how long did it take you to get your acceptance packet in the mail?

Anyone hear anything recently? I interviewed December 6th, and haven't heard anything yet.

Has anyone gotten accepted since late January?

Has anyone gotten financial aid information yet?

Has anyone gotten financial aid information yet?
I got my financial aid information and accepted my loans. It's on the myui website. You go to financial information and the drop down tab in the right corner to select the proper year

I haven't heard anything yet, I also interviewed the last interview day possible so that's also a factor but I've been in limbo for most of the schools I've interviewed at
When was the last interview date?

I got my financial aid information and accepted my loans. It's on the myui website. You go to financial information and the drop down tab in the right corner to select the proper year

OH my goodness, THANK YOU. Apparently it's been there since Jan 16th and I had no idea. LOL

Nope. I don’t know what is going on. Has anyone else heard anything lately?

Rachel recently replied to an email and said that they had everything they needed from me but couldn’t comment any further regarding the process or when I might hear from the school.

I will be giving up my seat next week at Iowa. I just need to make sure a few other things are completed before I do... best of luck to those still waiting for a response! :)

I was accepted yesterday. I have already put a deposit down at another school but am definitely interested and impressed by Iowa. Does anyone have a 4-year cost of attendance sheet?

I was accepted yesterday. I have already put a deposit down at another school but am definitely interested and impressed by Iowa. Does anyone have a 4-year cost of attendance sheet?
Total per year including books, instruments, COL, etc. is roughly $79k in state and $103k out of state. Tuition alone is about $46k IS and $70k OOS. If you like Iowa more than your other school, choose it. A $500-$1,000 deposit is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Congrats. Any idea if this was part of a small “wave” of acceptances or was it individual. Just curious if you may have heard from others. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.